Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Reviews>Rooibos Chai
Curly Cut 07:38 PM 05-12-2009
!!FIRST EVER TEA REVIEW ON CIGAR ASYLUM!!

had some of this sunday, got it from "woops" at the KC herf (he gets it from a shop in St. Joseph, MO called "simply tea").

just going by memory, this stuff was kick ass. smooth, flavorful with a cinnamon-honey as the dominating factor.

i tried it with sugar and a tiny bit o' milk, as the package recommended, and then another cup right after with only sugar.

both were very good, probably prefer it without the milk.

thanks, darien.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:42 AM 05-19-2009
Hrmmm I need to write some reviews for my tea addiction. But sounds like a really good tea.
[Reply]
woops 07:53 AM 05-19-2009
Glad you liked it. This is one of my favorite Rooibos (pronounced Roy-bus) tea's .... actually, it's a tisane and not a tea.

There is a tasty dessert blend called Rooibos Cream/Caramel. With some sugar, it's a liquid dessert! SWEET.

Recently, I picked up a blend called Green Rooibos Key Largo. Need to try it soon.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 09:01 AM 05-19-2009
I have been drinking a ton of Adagio Teas... Love them
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:55 PM 05-25-2009
Great review.
[Reply]
TanithT 12:08 AM 05-26-2009
There is a pure Rooibos tea called "Red Espresso" that I highly recommend. It would be very good indeed with some of the lighter cigars, or cigars with grassy/herbal notes. I enjoy pressing it in my Aeropress for a strong straight shot, or with frothed or iced milk. The strength is comparable to espresso, but with no caffeine and a totally different taste.
[Reply]
kooziesonline 09:24 PM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
!!FIRST EVER TEA REVIEW ON CIGAR ASYLUM!!

had some of this sunday, got it from "woops" at the KC herf (he gets it from a shop in St. Joseph, MO called "simply tea").

just going by memory, this stuff was kick ass. smooth, flavorful with a cinnamon-honey as the dominating factor.

i tried it with sugar and a tiny bit o' milk, as the package recommended, and then another cup right after with only sugar.

both were very good, probably prefer it without the milk.

thanks, darien.

Thanks for posting some great ideas and I'll try to return back with a completely different browser to check things out! Also, I put a link to your blog at my site, hope you don't mind?

RevSmoke 09:31 PM 05-27-2010
I have a number of these types of "teas" (sic) that I enjoy. One I have tried that never really grooved me was a rootbeer flavor.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:18 PM 05-27-2010
Thanks for the review and info CC:-)
[Reply]
Curly Cut 06:26 PM 05-28-2010
Originally Posted by kooziesonline:
Thanks for posting some great ideas and I'll try to return back with a completely different browser to check things out! Also, I put a link to your blog at my site, hope you don't mind?
i've posted a link to my blog on here???

Originally Posted by TanithT:
I enjoy pressing it in my Aeropress for a strong straight shot, or with frothed or iced milk. The strength is comparable to espresso, but with no caffeine and a totally different taste.
that sounds like a great idea.
i still have half the teas woops gave me (sitting at work, and where i work now, the water is horrible). got the aeropress at home, so i need to bring the tea back home... been hankerin for it lately, like a hunk o' cheese.
[Reply]
jkim05 06:43 PM 05-28-2010
My mom brought a bunch of this stuff back with her from South Africa, I guess I should try some.
[Reply]
Up