Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Jaime Garcia Robusto needs more rest...
whodeeni 11:56 AM 11-18-2010
Sitting here smoking a Jaime Garcia Robusto and doing some work on
the computer... This is my 4th one, and like the last 3 that i've smoked,
this one is peppery at the beginning a hint of chocolate a few puffs
later, and straight cedar/tinny taste the rest of teh way through!

I liked the first one that I bought out of a b&m so much that i immediately
reserved 3 boxes! My guess is these will need a minimum of 3 months before
they turn the corner, any of you Bro's or Sis's have a similar experience?

As it entered the final third i decided to just Chuck it....
[Reply]
rizzle 01:40 PM 11-18-2010
Sometimes, Excel, ya just have to pitch 'em. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:25 PM 11-18-2010
Send 'em my way Excel...I will help you dispose of them properly. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 07:18 PM 11-18-2010
If Mac is unable to help you dispose of all of them I'll help too. I loves 'em. :-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 11:13 PM 11-18-2010
When these first came out a few months ago I thought they were missing something. Time was on my list but For the price of a pepin product I wasn't arguing. I found them to be quite good just a little flat now I don't know if they will ever develop the signature pepin spice as they use a broadleaf wrapper and are blended by jaime and not jose
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:40 AM 11-19-2010
I bought a few from a B&M a few months ago and tucked them away in my humidor. I tried the first about 3 weeks or so after purchase and it didn't hit my profile at all. I tried the other last week and man o man it tasted great. I don't know if it was me or the cigar, but I immediatly jumped on line to get a few more to try out. Some days a cigar will just hit all the right chords.
[Reply]
nick2021 11:47 AM 11-19-2010
I just got a single yesterday, will be interested to see how it smokes and tastes!
[Reply]
muncy 06:34 AM 12-21-2010
smoked a belicoso last night after a months rest and it was very good, pepper blast in begining followed by sweet wood and earth and mild chocolate flavors, it stayed medium bodied and very smooth all the way through
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:51 AM 12-21-2010
I've had two of them and really enjoyed each of them, wish I had the funds to get a few more sometime soon...
[Reply]
hscmit 07:56 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Sitting here smoking a Jaime Garcia Robusto and doing some work on
the computer... This is my 4th one, and like the last 3 that i've smoked,
this one is peppery at the beginning a hint of chocolate a few puffs
later, and straight cedar/tinny taste the rest of teh way through!

I liked the first one that I bought out of a b&m so much that i immediately
reserved 3 boxes! My guess is these will need a minimum of 3 months before
they turn the corner, any of you Bro's or Sis's have a similar experience?

As it entered the final third i decided to just Chuck it....
rule of threes?
[Reply]
neoflex 08:07 AM 12-21-2010
I am surprised to hear that as I have yet to hear anything negative about these. I love these and I have recommended these to a few people who have all fell in love with them also although I have never smoked the busto. I usually reach for either the Beli or Toros. I used to be a huge Pepin Ho and about a year ago I just started to kind of find myself smoking his stuff less and less especially when I felt like my favorite (Pepin Blue) changed significantly. A few months ago I picked one of these up and it reignited my love for Pepin although I have not been smoking his regular line stuff as much but the Jaimes have become a part of the regular rotation.
Who knows you could have just gotten a few freshies. It happens especially with sticks with a high demand. I know the Room 101 Conjuras were shipped green and even the rep agreed that they could use a bit of down time so in these times when the demand is high for some of these smokes I think some of the manufacturers are pushing them out to quickly to keep up with the demand although I myself would rather fall behind in stocking stores than stocking the shops with a product that could possibly turn my loyal customer base off but it's easy for me to say from the other side of the fence.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:11 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I am surprised to hear that as I have yet to hear anything negative about these. I love these and I have recommended these to a few people who have all fell in love with them also although I have never smoked the busto. I usually reach for either the Beli or Toros. I used to be a huge Pepin Ho and about a year ago I just started to kind of find myself smoking his stuff less and less especially when I felt like my favorite (Pepin Blue) changed significantly. A few months ago I picked one of these up and it reignited my love for Pepin although I have not been smoking his regular line stuff as much but the Jaimes have become a part of the regular rotation.
Who knows you could have just gotten a few freshies. It happens especially with sticks with a high demand. I know the Room 101 Conjuras were shipped green and even the rep agreed that they could use a bit if down time so in these times when the demand is high for some of these smokes I think some of the manufacturers are pushing them out to quickly to keep up with the demand although I myself would rather fall behind in stocking stores than stocking the shops with a product that could possibly turn my loyal customer base off but it's easy for me to say from the other side of the fence.
agreed 100%
this and changing blends/ wrapper once a stick is established (think rp, padilla) Wish more owners/gm's would realize this and stop messing with the stuff I like
[Reply]
guitar4001 01:17 PM 12-21-2010
it may pay to get them in a trade or a Soldier package.
[Reply]
Up