Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 83 of 117
« First < 3373818283 848593 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase IV
gomeitsmybday 10:02 AM 01-19-2020

Isabela Christmas Sampler and 2 extra sticks tossed in for free!

Okay so this one is a bit different. I wasn't initially sure about posting in this thread because they were a Christmas gift from my mother, so I had stashed them away and forgot to post them.

I had mentioned to her in passing that a site i like that reviews cigars (Katman) had reviewed an odd brand very highly and that I was curious about them. Sure enough, she ordered me this sampler! I know Katman has been sponsored by Isabela but generally speaking, my cigar preferences seem to mirror that Katman dude quite a bit, so I felt inclined to at least check these out.

Unfortunately it appears that they sweeten their caps, but not heavily so and while the barberpole wrappers come off as kind of gimmicky, as long as they smoke well I could give 2 flying ducks what they look like. Also, I've read that the tobaccos in these cigars have been extensively aged before being shipped out.

I'm curious though, has anyone tried these before? I'm going to try to give them another month or so before I test drive one of the smaller ones.
[Reply]
Weelok 11:53 AM 01-19-2020
Some nice looking cigars. I guess sweetening of the caps is an old tradition but as long as the cigars are using good tobacco that’s just an oddity for today.

I’ll be curious to see your thoughts upon smoking one.

Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

Isabela Christmas Sampler and 2 extra sticks tossed in for free!

Okay so this one is a bit different. I wasn't initially sure about posting in this thread because they were a Christmas gift from my mother, so I had stashed them away and forgot to post them.

I had mentioned to her in passing that a site i like that reviews cigars (Katman) had reviewed an odd brand very highly and that I was curious about them. Sure enough, she ordered me this sampler! I know Katman has been sponsored by Isabela but generally speaking, my cigar preferences seem to mirror that Katman dude quite a bit, so I felt inclined to at least check these out.

Unfortunately it appears that they sweeten their caps, but not heavily so and while the barberpole wrappers come off as kind of gimmicky, as long as they smoke well I could give 2 flying ducks what they look like. Also, I've read that the tobaccos in these cigars have been extensively aged before being shipped out.

I'm curious though, has anyone tried these before? I'm going to try to give them another month or so before I test drive one of the smaller ones.

[Reply]
icehog3 12:13 PM 01-19-2020
I hope they're paying royalties to DLR for that picture, I heard he needs the money. :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 03:58 PM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I hope they're paying royalties to DLR for that picture, I heard he needs the money. :-)
The artwork is definitely colorful! At risk of sounding like a moron, is DLR an artist or photographer maybe?
[Reply]
icehog3 04:13 PM 01-19-2020
The artwork is definitely colorful! At risk of sounding like a moron, is DLR an artist or photographer maybe?
David Lee Roth. That picture is from the cover of "Eat 'em and Smile".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxXZh23fGl4
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 05:00 PM 01-19-2020
Ahhhhahahah THAT DLR!!! How could I have not deduced it was the man, the myth & legend, Diamond Dave himself! :-)
I never really followed him much outside of Van Halen hence not recognizing the cover but yeah I have to agree, that is a pretty blatant rip off!

@ Dave (not the Diamond kind) yeah I read that the sweetened cap is a sort of nod to the past. They also talk at length about trying to recreate the profiles of Cubans from the early 90s, so I'll be interested to see if that is just a lot of marketing hype or if they actually live up to it. I'll be sure to post back in the daily smoke thread once I get around to trying them out!
[Reply]
Weelok 05:13 PM 02-01-2020
More cigar Fed stuff. Project 7 - good. Hendrix - good +, 5 pack of Raven - not tried, 5 pack of Cavelier Geneva White - unknown, 5 pack Collective - good +, Boutique seconds sampler

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:14 AM 02-02-2020
:-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:59 AM 02-02-2020
Nice picks!! Let us know how those Ravens smoke when you get around to them, I've considered checking them out of couple times.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:16 AM 02-14-2020
[Reply]
hammondc 09:38 AM 02-16-2020
Is there anything in that post?? FOr some reason pictures do not show up for me...
[Reply]
longknocker 10:52 AM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Is there anything in that post?? FOr some reason pictures do not show up for me...
Blank For Me, Too, Chip.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:29 AM 02-16-2020
:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 02:03 PM 02-18-2020
Ever since photobuckitt rolled over, I have never been able to get images to work here.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:49 PM 02-18-2020
Ever since photobuckitt rolled over, I have never been able to get images to work here.
imgur.com … better than pbucket. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:10 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
imgur.com … better than pbucket. :-)
True! Even I Can Post Pictures With Imgur!😂😊👍
[Reply]
hammondc 06:12 AM 02-20-2020
I think I figured it out...
[Reply]
hammondc 06:13 AM 02-20-2020
[Reply]
Weelok 11:34 PM 02-20-2020
Yummmyyyy, nice hit. Big hitter!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:27 AM 02-21-2020
Great selection Chip! Those Headleys smoke like a completely different cigar after about 6-8 months in the humi. Someone from the asylum gave me that tip a while back and they were right on the money. Come to think of it, I need to get more... :-)
[Reply]
Page 83 of 117
« First < 3373818283 848593 > Last »
Up