Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Entertainment>Old School/Retro Gaming: What are You Playing?
LigaPrivadaT84 03:00 PM 02-01-2012
On PS3, I've been playing the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection; basically the older games but in remastered HD. I like Snake Eater the best.
On Wii, I have GoldenEye, but have not played it much. I'm looking to purchase the new Zelda and Punch Out; unfortunately, the career has gotten in the way of my gaming lately.
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:44 AM 02-02-2012
I played "LION" the other day again, that game is cool. It is as hard to hunt and catch prey as it must be for a
real lion. What I need to find a way to make work is Crusader: No Remorse, but I need to access areas of my brain
that I haven't used in over ten years, in order to make a boot disc that will work. I can't just pop it in and play it.
I used to be able to work MSDOS with no trouble, navigating directories, typing in commands, making boot discs.
Now, pfft. Forget it. I also need to break out Nascar Racing. Wow, what a game that was. As was Falcon 4.0 (F-16 sim)
I would spend entire weekends just trying to master landing without crashing. Not easy at all. I also would spend
equal amount's of time with F-14 Tomcat II trying to land it on a carrier. I am just not good at adding power and
taking away power to maintain that glide path.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:41 PM 02-04-2012
Anyone have the Mortal Kombat collection from PSN or XboxLive? Been debating on getting it. It's only $10 but I hear it's the arcade versions which are pretty hard.
[Reply]
Reaver2145 05:47 AM 02-23-2012
Been playing DOOM on my real crappy XP laptop as it refuses to work for love nor threats of deleting win32 on my windows 7 pc
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:28 AM 02-23-2012
I play Minecraft on occasion, although not retro it kinda has that feel to it.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:15 AM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
What I need to find a way to make work is Crusader: No Remorse, but I need to access areas of my brain
that I haven't used in over ten years, in order to make a boot disc that will work. I can't just pop it in and play it.
That was an awesome game at the time, I loved the top down perspective. Between that & Doom, it was probably the game that helped get my son (23) hooked on PC gaming. I'm not sure how it was programmed, but you can't get that thing to run on any other OS, at least I haven't been able to. :-)

Another retro-game I would love to get to work is the original X-com. I can't tell you how many hours I played on that when it came out. Man, that was almost 20 years ago, holy crap.
[Reply]
Poronico 07:37 AM 02-23-2012
I just revisited Diablo and Diablo 2 for shits and gigs, it was decent but not nearly as great as I remember lol. Can't wait for D3 to hit the shelves!
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:12 AM 02-23-2012
My goto retro games are The Castlevania and Final Fantasy Series. I can play those til the world ends.
[Reply]
Poronico 08:20 AM 02-23-2012
Joust on a stand up... now that's where it's at!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 05:30 PM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Another retro-game I would love to get to work is the original X-com. I can't tell you how many hours I played on that when it came out. Man, that was almost 20 years ago, holy crap.
Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about--booya! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uHHmTSDCvA
[Reply]
Starscream 05:03 PM 05-19-2012
Played Streets of Rage 2 yesterday with my 5yr old son. We beat it in about 20 minutes on easy mode.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:11 PM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
Wow, Rush'n Attack. As a kid that game ate many of the quarters I dug up out of the couch.

This thread is good timing. I was just thinking about building myself a MAME machine as a winter project.

Right out of high school, I had three kick ass jobs. I worked sales/tech in a bike shop, clerk at a Laser Disc store (showing my age, right?), and managed a small arcade in the Chicago suburbs that got to "field test" Midway and Capcom games before they were public release.

Now, with the power of PCs and emulators, I can have 10,000 original, classic games on a laptop, and build a nice arcade grade USB joystick that will play them all!
Did you ever build your own MAME arcade? That would be awesome!
[Reply]
Jbailey 05:17 PM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Contra III: The Alien Wars for the Virtual Console. I don't remember III being that hard. I haven't made it past level three yet.
Loved Contra III. Stage 4 was where it started to get hard for me.

I gotta find some of my old consoles and get them running again.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:26 PM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Loved Contra III. Stage 4 was where it started to get hard for me.

I gotta find some of my old consoles and get them running again.
You were good to make it to level 4, Hootie. Did you ever beat it?
The only Contra games I've finished were Contra (with the code) and Contra: Rebirth.
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:16 PM 05-19-2012
I came close to beating it without codes but I have only mastered it with the game genie.
[Reply]
Bax 05:35 AM 05-20-2012
I'm going to be doing some oooooooold school gaming in a week. Heading back home and my friend has a basement set up with a bunch off old arcade stand ups including a working Aferburner with the moving booth :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:56 PM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I came close to beating it without codes but I have only mastered it with the game genie.
The Game Genie, one of the greatest innovations of the 80s.:-)

EDIT: You gotta change the avatar, Hootie. I thought I was reponding to Tom's post. I thought it was a bit weird that he was talking about Contra and the Game Genie.:-)
[Reply]
BUC WHITE 11:57 AM 06-02-2012
Me and my buddy get a best of 7 series in bad news baseball for nes. It has an excellent rabbit umpire. Never misses a call
[Reply]
Starscream 01:20 PM 06-12-2012
Played some Guardian Legend on NES the other day.
Also played the Sonic CD demo on the PS3.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:24 AM 06-13-2012
For old CivII fans (like me,) thought you'd find this interesting:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...vilization_ii/
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Up