Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Pipe Allowance?
BigFrank 06:09 PM 01-28-2009
So as the question is, how much do you allow yourself to spend on pipes and tobacco on a monthly basis.
Or, how much do you actually spend.

Reason I ask is, like usual a few pipes online have me wanting to go into the well again.
[Reply]
Nick 06:17 PM 01-28-2009
Do you like Opeth.
[Reply]
BigFrank 06:19 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Do you like Opeth.
They are ok. Do they all smoke pipes? lol
[Reply]
Nick 06:23 PM 01-28-2009
Don't you mean they are amazing. In flames has gone down hill the last couple albums imo. Sorry to thread jack
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:03 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Don't you mean they are amazing. In flames has gone down hill the last couple albums imo. Sorry to thread jack
Coulda just pmed me. Mirror's Truth is a good album.
[Reply]
Nick 07:16 PM 01-28-2009
As for your question

Whatever kind of extra cash i scrape up I spend on P&T
[Reply]
Big D KC 08:21 PM 01-28-2009
Too much!! lol!

I try not to keep count. As an average over a year, I'd say I spend atleast $50-$75 on tobacco hobby stuff each month. Either pipes, pipe tobacco, or cigars on my weekly evening at the local B&M.

That does not take into account the about once a quarter stock ups I usually do of another $150+ in cigars. For the first time since i've been smokin pipes, (hasn't been but since sept), I will be doing my big stock up run this time on mostly all pipe baccy and a couple of bundles of smokes. Gettin ready for that one on Friday I think!
[Reply]
uncballzer 08:25 PM 01-28-2009
Just dropped 90 bucks on some tins and bulk; but typically when I do buy, either online or at a B&M, I typically spend 100+.
[Reply]
WWhermit 01:43 PM 01-29-2009
Thankfully the only B&M in my area isn't worth a crap. They have about 40 pipes, and carry about 15 types of tins.

I'd say that 80% of my buying is done online. When I do, however, I try to stock up for a few months. Then I forget to include some small tobacco in my order, and have ended up ordering about once a month.

I'm planning on going to the Pipe show in Las Vegas this November, so I'm trying to save up as much as possible, to see if I can snag a pipe I would normally not even consider buying due to the price tag. Something like a Jess Chonowitsch or a noce Tonni Nielson. Dunno, we'll see how the economy treats me.

As long as my wife gets enough play money while I'm at the show, I think I'll be able to sneak the pipe home without detection.

WWhermit
:-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 01:59 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by uncballzer:
Just dropped 90 bucks on some tins and bulk; but typically when I do buy, either online or at a B&M, I typically spend 100+.

same here, I prefer to save up and buy in chunks
[Reply]
dogsplayinpoker 05:47 PM 01-29-2009
$50 a month is supposed to be my limit but I save up a month or so for bigger purchases. Fitty don't go too far these days...I may have to expand my budget.
[Reply]
Up