Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Thank you Mods and ToE!
bruceolee 06:28 PM 01-25-2022
When i was younger back in the club stogie days i saw a lot of posts get overtaken by politics. When i first came here a few years ago i couldn't really understand why we couldn't really discus it here but whatever, i don't make the rules. Then, I worked a few years and saw what politics could do to a place when everyone is at each others throats. it's such a tribal topic and EVERYONE is right (or at least they think they are) so, after awhile i learned to just put my head down, do my job and go home but it made for a miserable work experience. I learned to hate it after awhile. I've now grown to really appreciate and understand the no politics rule here. I don't want to mix this amazing little hobby of ours with that nonsense. So, thank you Mark for being a great Mod as well as the other members of the ToE! I've learned to care about you all as people and not just politics and that tribal nonsense. My younger self would call me a coward now but that's just who i used to be. God bless you all!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:52 PM 01-25-2022
Yeah, I'm really glad this site has places to discuss just about everything BUT politics.

A few years back I was on a now defunct beer forum where a newb starting injecting political opinions into his posts. He got a bunch of responses - mostly all civil - that basically said "Please, PLEASE do not bring politics here. We just want to talk about beer."

I feel the same way about this place.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 AM 01-26-2022
More now than ever. I'd say why, but I can't because we don't allow political talk. :-) :-)
[Reply]
shark 08:50 AM 01-26-2022
I've seen it first hand on other forums where it really gets out of control. Brian can tell you about it. :-)
[Reply]
Up