Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 350
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 11:35 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Dokk good to hear the shoulder is doing better. Its going to repair very fast, I think you should still stick to your plan of not pressing for a month or so. Congrats on the PR!
Thanks. I will stick to that plan. I did those shoulder dips today ... that was interesting. Didn't hurt; but all of these shoulder exercises are f'in hard! :-)

When I get back, I'm gonna do only dumbbell and barbell chest -- no more machines or smith because I think part of the problem has been a constrained range of motion, forcing my shoulders into movements that aren't natural for my body. That's my hypothesis. :-)

Off to eat and maybe watch some football.

PS, I regret not going for 405 sans straps today. In retrospect, I think I could have done it. Heck ... I'm pretty sure with a slight grip reset I could have done 365. Things were clicking. Oh well.
icehog3 01:30 PM 11-15-2008
Congrats Dokk, although you need not second guess yourself now on the 405..."instinctive training", something told you to wait on that one.

Did a rep day on back today....5 plates on T-bars, got 25 reps the first set and kept doing sets until I could only get 10. Then put 265 on the straight bar for reps on rows, then on to pull-ups, and ended with some close grip cable rows. Tore it up and still left enough juice for the ice.
Genetic Defect 01:48 PM 11-15-2008
forgot to post this, but yesterday I put in four scoops of WF in my canteen for work, kept me buzzing for the whole day finally after midnight I got tired.
Sanitariumite 02:14 PM 11-15-2008
Heading in soon to hit back/abs. It's been a few days. I've got a constantly changing work schedule, so it's hard to find a time where I can constantly go. I either have to go between class and work some time between 2 and 5, or after work some time between 10-11. It's making it really tough to go consistently. I'm going to get some running shoes next weekend though, so I'll be able to start running every morning and I'll get my cardio in every day, even if I can't make it to the gym. Plus, that will cut 15-30 minutes off every trip to the gym, making it easier to fit in to my already overcomplicated schedule.
DavenportESQ 09:59 PM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
Heading in soon to hit back/abs. It's been a few days. I've got a constantly changing work schedule, so it's hard to find a time where I can constantly go. I either have to go between class and work some time between 2 and 5, or after work some time between 10-11. It's making it really tough to go consistently. I'm going to get some running shoes next weekend though, so I'll be able to start running every morning and I'll get my cardio in every day, even if I can't make it to the gym. Plus, that will cut 15-30 minutes off every trip to the gym, making it easier to fit in to my already overcomplicated schedule.

Look into a little bit of the "crossfit" style training. This is something thats great for people with a busy schedule. It involves more reps, less rest. These workouts require a great deal of fitness, but once you get yourself into shape they will allow you to get a good workout in 15-25 minutes. Perfect for those on the go
The Professor 03:53 PM 11-16-2008
Look into a little bit of the "crossfit" style training. This is something thats great for people with a busy schedule. It involves more reps, less rest. These workouts require a great deal of fitness, but once you get yourself into shape they will allow you to get a good workout in 15-25 minutes. Perfect for those on the go
Cardio this morning for a half hour. Then I did two hours of leaf raking. :-)

That's shoulder rehab, right? :-) Actually, the movement was pretty similar to a couple of the rotator cuff exercises I been doing. I don't hurt (good sign number one) and I actually feel a little looser than usual (good sign number two). Could it be that raking leaves is actually GOOD for me?!? :-)

Eff that. It sucked. :-) :-) :-)

Tomorrow is my last day in the gym for a week. I'll be traveling; but I'll probably have cardio equipment in my hotel in San Diego. My legs could use a rest after the last few days, too. I'll get one or two day of leg & back work before traveling again for Thanksgiving. Oy. I hate being away from my gym for this long.

Lift well, Brothers! :-)
cvm4 06:13 PM 11-16-2008
Glad to see this thread again :-)
icehog3 09:00 PM 11-16-2008
Went to the gym slightly hungover from Guinness and depleted from skating, but still managed to have a kick-azz shoulder and arm workout. Tomorrow is an off day from the gym, I could use a day of rest.
zemekone 11:39 AM 11-17-2008
someone told me to get a bigger squat, you have to squat:

today i squatted

135x15
185x12
205x10
225x8
225x20

then walked down stairs to the bathroom and :-)

i still dont feel right...

this is to that person who sed: to get a bigger squat you have to squat :-) and when i squat 4 times my body weight YES ill send you a davi! :-)
Genetic Defect 12:31 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
someone told me to get a bigger squat, you have to squat:

today i squatted

135x15
185x12
205x10
225x8
225x20

then walked down stairs to the bathroom and :-)

this is to that person who sed: to get a bigger squat you have to squat :-) and when i squat 4 times my body weight YES ill send you a davi! :-)
4 times would be 450 right? If you hit 400 you can send me a cigar too :-)
DavenportESQ 03:36 PM 11-17-2008
http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/orm.htm

Awfully Close Gerry. Good work. I like how you got after it on your last set. Was this a PR?
zemekone 08:43 PM 11-17-2008
Was this a PR?
225 for 20 i think so...
markem 08:45 PM 11-17-2008

That's crazy, Gerry! You should have some cranberry juice :-)
zemekone 08:48 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by vstrommark:
That's crazy, Gerry! You should have some cranberry juice :-)
:-) i am!
Sanitariumite 09:31 PM 11-17-2008
What do you guys use for creatine? I'm using Green Mag, and I'm happy with it, but I also really don't have anything to compare with. It doesn't taste bad, but I'd much rather take a few pills, than have 3-4 different drinks before I lift (Currently at protein/glutamine, WF once I re-stock, and Green Mag), and I've been hearing recently that mono is just as effective. I've also heard that Green Mag is more easily absorbed, so you get more out of it. Any input from the more seasoned gym rats?

I'm also wondering if ON's NO supp. is any good. I'm in need of more NO, and I was dead set on CL's WF until yesterday, reading this month's Muscle & Fitness. I noticed that ON has a NO supplement now, called N.O. Vassive (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/vass.html), and I'm curious to try it. Does anybody have any experience with this? For $27 I'm quite tempted to try it out for a month.
zemekone 09:38 PM 11-17-2008
i use Pure Performance's CreaPure, no taste and mixes into anything (just dont mix it with orange or anything citric)

btw any "CreaPure" will do...
Sanitariumite 09:57 PM 11-17-2008
i use Pure Performance's CreaPure, no taste and mixes into anything (just dont mix it with orange or anything citric)

btw any "CreaPure" will do...
By "CreaPure" do you mean Creatine Mono?
zemekone 10:08 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
By "CreaPure" do you mean Creatine Mono?
"Creapure" is a tradmarked name of a creatine mono, that is the one of the purest if not the purest on the market... they are sourced out to optimum nutrition and prolab...
cvm4 05:07 AM 11-18-2008
I'm about to go do some bi/tri/forearms and a little HIIT. I might as well do all I can now, because I know my schedule is going to be off during the holiday season.
Genetic Defect 11:21 AM 11-18-2008
I will stick with Green Mag
Page 16 of 350
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Up