Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 138
« First < 1555636465 666775115 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Tyler 08:16 PM 07-03-2011
I don't mind I you guys turn this into a banter thread but can you atleast answer the question. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 09:01 PM 07-03-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Since you are saying the same thing, why would it matter?

You're overthinking again. :-)
Answered. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 09:15 PM 07-03-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
I don't mind I you guys turn this into a banter thread but can you atleast answer the question. :-)
I think what it comes down to is. The manufactures can word it anyway they like.

And no one really seems to care or even take note. Probably most of us didn't even notice.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:28 PM 07-03-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Answered. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Tyler 09:29 PM 07-03-2011
Dam
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:31 PM 07-03-2011
Dam
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:52 AM 07-04-2011
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms:
One country? That is a bit limiting don't you think? You must be a man afraid of variety.
:-)

I have tried them all, and made an educated decision, Sherlock. Why smoke the rest when you can smoke the best (for me)?

And as Bill said, there is vast variety amongst smokes of one country...think Nicaragua or the Dominican Republic. Would you be afraid of variety if you only smoked cigars from one of those countries? Hell, Gurkha alone makes 27,381 varieties of cigars.
[Reply]
Tyler 09:47 PM 07-04-2011
If my last two cigar wrappers have split a little, more like a small crack in the wrapper, while smoking does this mean my humidor has too high a RH or too low?
[Reply]
bobarian 10:24 PM 07-04-2011
If my last two cigar wrappers have split a little, more like a small crack in the wrapper, while smoking does this mean my humidor has too high a RH or too low?
Much depends on the cigar and wrapper. Some Cameroon wrappers such as Fuente's can be very thin and susceptible to occasional splits. Others such as the old Padilla Achilles had very thin wrappers as well. If its just a small split then most likely not an Rh problem. :-)
[Reply]
Tyler 11:13 PM 07-04-2011
They have just been very small splits. One was a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Figurado, the other was a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro Epicure.
[Reply]
sparkboss 03:55 AM 07-05-2011
yet another newbie question from me!!

after messing with a small traveldor for a while i decided it wasn't really as large as i'd like... especially with the great abundance of sticks that bob sent me, even though my friends and i smoked a lot of them, had a sentimental value worthy of some aging :-). anyhow, i invested in a slightly larger humidor (50ct) and with it got a 84% boveda pack, i left the pack in the humidor from about 13 days and 12 hours, too anxious to finish up the last 12 hours! well, i ended up tranferring my cigars to the new humidor and put my 65% BP in with them. they were fairly dry when i put them in and they've been in for a while now but some reason the 65% just wont seem to get them very humid, most remain dry to the touch and when i test by squeezing them softly they dont seem maliable at all.

would i be safe to insert my 84% BP again to get the cigars more humid? and how long would be acceptable before overhumidifying my sticks?

thanks again for all of you're assistance :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 04:31 AM 07-05-2011
whats your hydrometer say?
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:48 AM 07-05-2011
All personal preference Micah. I would put a hydro in there that's calibrated and see what the reading is. The packs usually are low :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:51 AM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms:
One country? That is a bit limiting don't you think? You must be a man afraid of variety.
Oh he has plenty of variety. I've seen it first hand in his halli :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:59 AM 07-05-2011
I tried my first Opus X this weekend, it was amazing at first but then it killed me.
I hadn't eaten much that day, is that why I almost died or is the Opus X that strong?

Also what should I try next? I found a small B&M in Allentown PA that has a little lounge area (Where I grabbed the Opus X) and saw they have the 601 Blue and RP Vintage. Overall they had a real nice selection. I am thinking I'll try the 601 Blue next time.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:04 AM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I tried my first Opus X this weekend, it was amazing at first but then it killed me.
I hadn't eaten much that day, is that why I almost died or is the Opus X that strong?

Also what should I try next? I found a small B&M in Allentown PA that has a little lounge area (Where I grabbed the Opus X) and saw they have the 601 Blue and RP Vintage. Overall they had a real nice selection. I am thinking I'll try the 601 Blue next time.
Opus X Is Strong!:-) Always Brings Me To My Knees. 601 Blue Is An Excellent Smoke!:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:17 AM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Opus X Is Strong!:-) Always Brings Me To My Knees. 601 Blue Is An Excellent Smoke!:-)
I gotta admit it was a humbling experience!
I've seen you guys all talk about the 601s so I figure I will give it a shot next time.
I paid $17 bucks for the Opus X, seemed really high to me but I really wanted it.
Afterward I searched online and didn't really find anything cheaper.
Is $17 average for an Opus X or is that just a rediculous amount to spend?
[Reply]
emopunker2004 06:22 AM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I gotta admit it was a humbling experience!
I've seen you guys all talk about the 601s so I figure I will give it a shot next time.
I paid $17 bucks for the Opus X, seemed really high to me but I really wanted it.
Afterward I searched online and didn't really find anything cheaper.
Is $17 average for an Opus X or is that just a rediculous amount to spend?
do u know the vitola of the one u smoked?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:24 AM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
do u know the vitola of the one u smoked?
It just said Fuente Fuente Opus X, didn't think to ask (Noob).
It didn't have any additional bands or anything on it. It was really long.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 06:29 AM 07-05-2011
i'd say u did good
[Reply]
Page 65 of 138
« First < 1555636465 666775115 > Last »
Up