Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 5131415 1617 > Last »
Sports>NHL '15 - '16 Season Thread
E.J. 09:37 PM 03-20-2016
Minny in the shootout. Hope the Avs can hold on in Edmonton.
mahtofire14 10:29 PM 03-20-2016
Very surprised that we pulled it out in the shootout. Coyle has been added in the last two and has made it look easy and two shootout wins for dubnyk will hopefully get him his confidence back. Great to see Kane get crushed (looked bad but was a clean hit) but I'm glad both players were ok. Both were in precarious positions. Great game and I hope the Wild can keep this going.
icehog3 12:06 AM 03-21-2016
Great game despite the outcome. :-)

Dave (DavenportWSQ here) got us in a Club Level suite that he got from a client. Besides the free tickets, our host sprung for a fajita bar (I had 5 steak faijtas), chicken and steak wraps (yes, I did), bar ( lots of Goose Island beers and Grey Goose vodka), a cappucino bar (can you say Bailey's and coffee to "sober up"?) a dessert bar ( choclate chunk cookie and and a chocolate/pretzel/caramel bar). Oh, yeah, and the game. :-) I'm still smiling despite only taking 1 point.

Only two disappointments....Those were the first shootout goals Darling has allowed in his career, and 2 goals from Hossa and we would have been there for his 500th. Haven't seen a 500th goal live since I saw Michel Goulet do it 25 years ago.
mahtofire14 11:23 AM 03-21-2016
Sounds like a blast.
mahtofire14 02:45 PM 03-23-2016
The Wild knock off Carolina, Chicago, and LA the last three games. Carolina and Chicago in the SO. Dubnyk has been on fire lately and I think the two shootout wins finally got him his confidence back. We may still be in this thing.
yourchoice 03:07 PM 03-23-2016
Very tough loss for the Flyers last night. To lead by 2 through roughly 59 minutes and lose... ugh. I really thought Jenner's goal with about a minute left was deflected with a high stick, but the refs thought otherwise.

At least they got one point.
nutcracker 03:08 PM 03-23-2016
...and working in the basement Sheifele and Wheeler keep giving Tom points for his fantasy team.....
icehog3 04:58 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
...and working in the basement Sheifele and Wheeler keep giving Tom points for his fantasy team.....
:-) :-)
bugmenot 05:53 PM 03-23-2016
Been MIA for a long time... Go Sharks! Get back to the playoffs and see how things go. Nice to have low expectations.
E.J. 08:30 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
The Wild knock off Carolina, Chicago, and LA the last three games. Carolina and Chicago in the SO. Dubnyk has been on fire lately and I think the two shootout wins finally got him his confidence back. We may still be in this thing.
I know, they're killing me. I was thinking 1-2 in that three.... Now the Avs need to come up big tonight against Philly. Points are precious.
icehog3 10:18 AM 03-24-2016
Big games for the Avs and Wild tonght.

Let's Go Canucks and Coyotes!!
mahtofire14 01:03 PM 03-24-2016
Yup. Saturday should be awfully fun. My cousin lives in Denver and is a huge as fan. Been fun going back and forth the last few years. Turning into a pretty good rivalry.
E.J. 09:38 PM 03-24-2016
That's it, Avs are done. No playoffs this year. With the loss tonight and the remaining schedule, even with a win Saturday, it's not happening. Frustrated right now.
icehog3 11:11 PM 03-24-2016
They definitely have a tough finish, but no need to throw in the towel yet. Leafs beat the Ducks, Oilers beat the Sharks, Jets beat the Kings....stranger things can happen. Their game Saturday is HUGE.

On a similar note, the Hawks' floundering the last 2 weeks has the Preds just two points between them. 4th place in the Central means a first round matchup with the Kings...definitely not where the Hawks want to start the playoffs. :-)
mahtofire14 01:31 AM 03-25-2016
Not to mention that the Wild have an incredible knack for not showing up for games when they need to. It's not over yet.
yourchoice 07:45 AM 03-25-2016
Not what EJ wants to hear, but a huge win for the Flyers last night. Still have several games left against teams around them in the standings. Been an exciting late season surge!
bugmenot 07:55 AM 03-25-2016
Sharks were in complete control then stopped skating. Extremely disappointing. Doing their part to make the Pacific and West exciting till the end though!
mahtofire14 09:25 AM 03-27-2016
I unfortunately couldn't watch the Wild Avs game due to a disc golf tournament but I am hearing rumors of a goalie pull with 10 mins left? EJ I know St. Patty is nuts but I didn't realize it was this bad.
E.J. 09:41 AM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
I unfortunately couldn't watch the Wild Avs game due to a disc golf tournament but I am hearing rumors of a goalie pull with 10 mins left? EJ I know St. Patty is nuts but I didn't realize it was this bad.
He's a madman, genius, but a madman. I didn't see when he pulled Varley, turned it off at 3-0. Switched over to college hockey. The road to the Frozen Four has been FAR MORE ENJOYABLE for me, than watching the Avs. Now hopefully the DU Pioneers can take care of business vs Ferris today!
mahtofire14 09:48 AM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by E.J.:
He's a madman, genius, but a madman. I didn't see when he pulled Varley, turned it off at 3-0. Switched over to college hockey. The road to the Frozen Four has been FAR MORE ENJOYABLE for me, than watching the Avs. Now hopefully the DU Pioneers can take care of business vs Ferris today!
Yeah good luck. Our MN teams didn't produce this year. Gophers just can't keep anybody from going pro anymore. Their teams always seem to be freshman and sophomores.
Page 15 of 24
« First < 5131415 1617 > Last »
Up