Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cooler's
hotreds 11:39 AM 05-12-2014
I have 7 coolerdors. They work well, are inexpensive, hold humidity, and let you spend your money on cigars, not containers to hold them. That said, it is good to have one nice table humidor for show if nothing else.
[Reply]
New Boots 11:51 AM 05-12-2014
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I have 7 coolerdors. They work well, are inexpensive, hold humidity, and let you spend your money on cigars, not containers to hold them. That said, it is good to have one nice table humidor for show if nothing else.
7? Holy crap!

I agree completely! I found 3 desktops, probably hold about 400 total, for $90. Came with a ton of other stuff too. So, I'll be moving back to the "pretty" stuff.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:34 PM 05-12-2014
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I have only one, but yeah, :-) All that and maintenance free.
[Reply]
brylee 10:32 AM 05-28-2014
I, like most on here, have run out of room in the desktop. It was hardly a challenge, and I started before reading all the suggestions to always always ALWAYS go with 3-4 times the size of what you think would be good...
I saw an earlier post on here, stating to get a pound of beads for their newly commissioned 48qt. coolerdor. Not sure if that was just a comment being thrown out there, or would be a good amount to start with.
Also saw a post where the writer said to open the drain plug once things were stable. Wouldn't that cause the humidity to drop very quickly?
Any idea how long it would take to bring the humidity up to around 70ish?
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 10:45 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by brylee:
I, like most on here, have run out of room in the desktop. It was hardly a challenge, and I started before reading all the suggestions to always always ALWAYS go with 3-4 times the size of what you think would be good...
I saw an earlier post on here, stating to get a pound of beads for their newly commissioned 48qt. coolerdor. Not sure if that was just a comment being thrown out there, or would be a good amount to start with.
Also saw a post where the writer said to open the drain plug once things were stable. Wouldn't that cause the humidity to drop very quickly?
Any idea how long it would take to bring the humidity up to around 70ish?
Don't open the drain plug! You should be able to find a 48 quart cooler without a drain plug, and that will make things easier. If it does have a drain plug then you should seal it up with something like Food Grade Silicone Sealant.

One pound of beads will be plenty for a cooler that size. You can't really have too many beads since it will just allow your cooler to recover from opening/closing quicker.

Humidity in the cooler will come up quickly - if you are putting trays or cigar boxes in there, that have not been at humidity, then you will want to give everything some time to season.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up