Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Heading to the East Bay!
CigarSquid 01:22 PM 11-10-2011
I will be 'home' for Thanksgiving this year. I am trying to find some time to go to a B&M down there. This is one I want to stop by.

http://casabelicoso.com/

Has any of the BABOTL's been there? Can you relax and enjoy as smoke with out having a membership?

So far, I only have the Wed before Turkey day and maybe Saturday night free..
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:27 PM 11-10-2011
The BABOTL go there often. You do have to have a membership on most nights to enjoy the lounge IIRC. I believe one or two of us have a membership there. Post in the BABOTL thread and perhaps a herf thread and I'm sure at least a couple of guys, if not most of us, will go out and meet you for a smoke or five.

Where are you staying? There are other B&M's in the BA that IMO are more welcoming than CB. CB does put on some outstanding events, though, and I believe the lounge is usually accessible during events, albeit full.

Welcome to the Bay!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:29 PM 11-10-2011
I will be in Antioch. I just want to check out any... Oregon has NONE!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:34 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I will be in Antioch. I just want to check out any... Oregon has NONE!
:-) Poor thing! I went to the Ashland Shakespeare Festival a few years back. I know Ashland is not representative of all of Oregon, but getting a smoke in here and there was a PITA. I found cigars at one store and they were a handful of triple-priced nothing in a plexiglass case. We were staying at SOU and I would walk down and smoke in front of the small seafood/bar place at around midnight while writing in a journal.

CB may be the best bet based on your location.

P.S. You may want to ask the mods to move this the the Herfs: When and where section. It would help to locate this thread for others at a later time and date.
[Reply]
bobarian 02:11 PM 11-10-2011
Casa Belicoso does have 4-6 seats in the shop where you can have a smoke. The lounge runs $10.
[Reply]
Up