Discussion>Finally Made A New Pipe
mpd340 06:37 PM 01-27-2011
Very Nice!:-):-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:58 AM 12-30-2011
Wow that turned out amazing!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 07:28 AM 12-30-2011
That reminds me, I bought a pipe kit and never carved it! I think I might do that this 3 day weekend...

The pipe is still really impressive looking! Great job :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:59 AM 12-30-2011
Very nice, beautiful!
[Reply]
Sr Mike 02:33 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by justonemorestick:
Please let us know how you finished it and what the process you used to get the rusticated top done was. Now I have a project.
Thank you for the kind comments everyone.

As for the rustication that is the natural edge of the briar. I simply cleaned it up and added a dark stain to make it stand out. Having used thia pipe for some time now, it has beome a favorite of mine to smoke, it does especially well with Black Shag.

I should have another done hopefully by the end of this coming weekend, depending on the weather. I am just starting to get my wood tools back out since I moved, I want to do some serious amount of wood work this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:36 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
Thank you for the kind comments everyone.

As for the rustication that is the natural edge of the briar. I simply cleaned it up and added a dark stain to make it stand out. Having used thia pipe for some time now, it has beome a favorite of mine to smoke, it does especially well with Black Shag.

I should have another done hopefully by the end of this coming weekend, depending on the weather. I am just starting to get my wood tools back out since I moved, I want to do some serious amount of wood work this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you going to be selling any of your creations on here?
[Reply]
Sr Mike 12:29 PM 01-14-2012
I will probably do so. I have a local shop that is willing to carry my pipes too, so if I can really get going it will be nice to be able to cover online and in shop sales.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:56 PM 01-16-2012
My current project is going to have a good amount of rustication, which I have done on pipes in the past using mini chisels, but they did not have the look and texture I was going for. So I pulled out an unfinished pipe I had sitting around because I cracked the shank as I was working on it. Originally it was going to be a churchwarden. I pulled out different tools and went to town on it and I think it came out pretty good. What do you think?

After I put the stem on it, I realized I have a pipe to break in, the crack should not hinder its smoking abilities. I will now be able to finish my next pipe this weekend.

Now the question I am wrestling with is what should I light up in this pipe?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up