Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Your opinion - Most overhyped cigar line?
Dunkel 12:51 PM 10-14-2012
Don't y'all dare say anything bad about CC's now. The muckety mucks will get out their torches and pitchforks! :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 01:06 PM 10-14-2012
Any of the grape flavored cigars are overhyped. It's a very artificial grape taste.

MCS
[Reply]
icehog3 01:25 PM 10-14-2012
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Don't y'all dare say anything bad about CC's now. The muckety mucks will get out their torches and pitchforks! :-)
No, it seems that the only cigars "in general" (i.e, not a specific brand) that are getting badmouthed are Cubans. :-) :-)

Sincerely,

An Apparent "Muckety Muck".

So much for "smoke what you like, like what you smoke", huh? :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:09 PM 10-14-2012
Because one might prefer to smoke a particular over another does not necessarily mean that cigars they dont like are "over-hyped" Many "serious" cigar smokers do not smoke Macanudo's but they are still among the best selling cigars in the industry. Rocky Patel has built an empire bringing his cigars to the masses. Today it is chic to bash the boutique makers such as Jon Drew, Pete Johnson and Dion Gioloto. All have their haters and followers. Same with some of the mid level producers like AJ Fernandez, Dr. Cuenca and many others. As very there are very few outlets for advertising all the "hype" comes from other cigar smokers. As long as they are enjoying what they smoke what's the big deal? :-)
[Reply]
JohnRogers 07:30 PM 10-14-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
10 whole Cubans? Oh, yeah, write them suckers off!
Well I did say "I'm not saying a good Cuban doesn't exist but I'm having doubts".

It is harder to get a Cuban than scoring a dime bag in the USA. So I can only go buy what I've experienced but with the all hype I would have thought I'd have a decent one by now. I'll keep trying to sample when I can.
[Reply]
Zanaspus 07:35 PM 10-14-2012
First, there is no overhyped Cuban apart from perhaps Cohibas. Remember, glowing reviews and hype are two different things.

Which leads me to Viajes and Illusiones. Viajes would be great if the blenders would learn that too much ligero is a bad thing. Illusiones just don't do it for me, but they're not as hyped as most.
[Reply]
pektel 07:53 PM 10-14-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Any Cuban stick, IMHO. Boring.
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
This for me as well. Guess it all goes back to "smoke what you like, like what you smoke".
Awesome. More for me. :-)

But please, keep me updated on the latest tat release. I LOVE chasing those pj le's... :-)

Disclaimer: I've been drinking.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:55 PM 10-14-2012
Hey Peter,
The new Tat Mummy is out. Tom is looking for a single.
[Reply]
pektel 08:18 PM 10-14-2012
Shoulda got the saints and sinners VIP membership like I did. I have 6 dress boxes in the humi. They're my yardgars. I've found they light best with a $100 bill.

Suppose I could sell one of em.
[Reply]
gbum 08:20 PM 10-14-2012
guys,
let get back to the real topic here...(sorry for the offtopic before)

Your opinion - Most overhyped cigar line?

the main thing is your opinion..doesn't matter right or wrong...
and we don't need to bombardie or educate other people to follow our perception or opinion...

if a person perception/opinion about cuban cigar is not same as your perception... so be it... everybody is free to express what they feel and think...

the way i saw it.. there is no problem about "Let's all pick a cigar we don't like and trash talk it a little."...because it your own opinion...

the problem is when somebody start to defend their favorite cigar or not following their taste...

this is free country....
free to think the way we want and free to express it the way we like it...
smoke what your like,like what your smoke...

so i suppose there is no problem when somebody expressing their thought... suits you or not... doesn't matter...

because its our own opinion....rite?

xxxxxxx

so back to the topic,
yup i do think that nub cigar is over hyped even i do like nub cameroon... same goes to room 101 regular line... the way they market it its like a superstar cigar... but i think camacho corojo is wayyy better for my palate...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:25 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Yes,it's insulting to me.But I guess somebody buys them.
Has anyone here ever had or tasted one?

<crickets>
Originally Posted by pektel:
Shoulda got the saints and sinners VIP membership like I did. I have 6 dress boxes in the humi. They're my yardgars. I've found they light best with a $100 bill.

Suppose I could sell one of em.
I am so thankful S&S was sold out of subscriptions back when I tried to join, apparently membership is more limited than their cigars!

Gurkha is the master brand of over hype.
When I was chasing the NC stuff I always came up dissapointed with Viaje.
I never realised how much Pete Johnson tries to mimic CC branding until I got into CCs. Kind of offensive IMHO but he makes a few decent cigars.
Cohiba RedDots are over hyped to, riding the coat tales of the CC name.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:38 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
IMO, most NC boutique brands are over-hyped.
Tat, Viaje, Nub. The list is endless. At least Tats are decent cigars. Nubs are clown cigars.
To say nothing of the stoopid gimmicky names of some of these new cigars. My Uzi Weighs A Ton? One Shot One Kill? Gimme a friggin break.
I'm with you on much of this, but I do like Viaje and Tat very much. I also have an aversion to sticks with over-the-top, uber-macho names and ridiculous RGs. Nubs, RPs and the DPGs I've tried I can do without.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:40 AM 10-15-2012
Room 101 cigars. Although i'm not sure they've generated much hype.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:44 AM 10-15-2012
On post #51 I failed to mention I was at the PPP at Dom's that was mentioned before.
The Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve was truly a huge dissapointment.
[Reply]
Brlesq 07:19 AM 10-15-2012
Tat Little Monsters. So now we should run out and buy a box of cigars so we can get a trading card?? Very gimmicky. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:33 AM 10-15-2012
Tatuaje. Good stick for $5. Not good for $15. I enjoy the Miamis and Noellas, I just think there are far better sticks for the same scratch. I suppose for me, it is not really overhyped, but more like 'overpriced'.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:46 AM 10-15-2012
Cohiba Behike line is over-hyped and over-priced IMO. I would not say the same about Cohiba GR's though.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:46 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Cohiba Behike line is over-hyped and over-priced IMO. I would not say the same about Cohiba GR's though.
Behikes are interesting cigars for sure. Overpriced for what they are now? Yeah I think so. They are still young cigars so that's another thing to think about. They have potential to be worth the investment though. I'd still smoke a BHK over any NC. So does that still make all NCs overhyped and overrated?:-):-) Why yes it does:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 09:55 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Any NC
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No, it seems that the only cigars "in general" (i.e, not a specific brand) that are getting badmouthed are Cubans.
So much for "smoke what you like, like what you smoke", huh? :-)
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I'd still smoke a BHK over any NC. So does that still make all NCs overhyped and overrated?:-):-) Why yes it does:-)
You were saying Tom? :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:02 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Any Cuban stick, IMHO. Boring.
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
This for me as well. Guess it all goes back to "smoke what you like, like what you smoke".
You were saying Tom?:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up