Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>recommend me some cigars?
Smooth23 06:35 PM 10-07-2012
Ok, so I'm getting sick of looking for samplers that are guaranteed to have stuff I wont like. I'm looking for some reasonably prices sticks.
I'm a newb, so bear with me, please?
Some of the stuff I like:
Montecrisco classic, I like the smooth creaminess without much harshness.

Genesis -The projects: only tried the torpedo, but I love how its a more complex smoke, yet not overly spicy.

Padron x000s - Yummy, only one I've had was a 2000, and I couldn't put it down, first time I really got the nic sick.

What I don't care for: I'm not a big fan of a lot of spice, and I don't like anything too boring, Cohiba red dot comes to mind, which was just a very boring tasteless cigar. Also, I don't get time to smoke a lot, so my nic tolerance sucks.. That said I prefer something with not - so -much nicotine.

Well, thanks for reading, hope I get some good suggestions. I haven't tried much so don't assume I've tried it all.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:38 PM 10-07-2012
AVO
Oliva
[Reply]
joeobx 06:43 PM 10-07-2012
601 Blue
Nica Libre, good budget smoke
[Reply]
TJarv 06:43 PM 10-07-2012
Jaime Garcia southwest, not as strong as some of the other Garcia line but has great flavor.

Xen
Rocky Patel vintage
Rocky Patel burn
Padron anniversary
[Reply]
pektel 07:27 PM 10-07-2012
tampasweetheart.com

Try their Tampa sweetheart 500. most prefer the maduro.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:38 PM 10-07-2012
I used to get nic sick very easily. However, I've built up quite a tolerance over the past year and a half being that I smoke about 3-4 days a week. If you keep smoking new sticks, then I think the same will happen to you. I think that won't be a deal breaker for you when looking for new cigars to try in the future.

Anyways, here are a couple of my recommendations:
Padron X000's (natural is a little lighter than the maduro, cheap too)
La Aurora Preferidos Maduro (tasty as hell, but not harsh at all)
Anything Fuente, natural and maduro
[Reply]
omowasu 08:30 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
I used to get nic sick very easily. However, I've built up quite a tolerance over the past year and a half being that I smoke about 3-4 days a week. If you keep smoking new sticks, then I think the same will happen to you. I think that won't be a deal breaker for you when looking for new cigars to try in the future.
Totally agreed, and you could also get smaller sticks like corona or tres petit coronas that dont have as much strong tobacco just because of size alone. My tolerance took a while to build up, now I enjoy stronger smokes. If I was to pick some medium bodied, Id look toward:

Tauaje Havana VIs (red label)
La Duena
Davidoff Puro d Oro
Fuente Hemingway or Don Carlos (they both come in smaller sizes)
[Reply]
Robulous78 09:43 PM 10-07-2012
601 Blue Label
[Reply]
bigunit66 06:08 AM 10-08-2012
What is your price range. We could all say God of Fire but we could also say puros indios.
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:00 AM 10-08-2012
Hemingways, they aren't too strong or outrageously priced but they are damn nice, all of them. I have a soft spot in my heart for the short story though.

AVO Heritage is my wife's favorite, I think it tastes a little bit like dirty swamp water, but most people love them.

Undercrown is delicious, although a bit one dimensional. And it gives you a taste of the Liga line on the cheap.

HdN Reposado en Cedros, delicious cigar, very cedary, also one dimensional.

Brick House, excellent for the price.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:10 AM 10-08-2012
Not a fan of spice? Look for some Davidoffs. Not cheap, but they are one of the few good NC brands for staying away from mind blowing spice bombs.
[Reply]
TXRebel 04:09 PM 10-08-2012
Try the San Lotano line.

San Lotano Habano
San Lotano Maduro
San Lotano Oval
San Lottano Oval Maduro
[Reply]
greytowhite 08:34 PM 10-10-2012
I'd say the Oliva Connecticut would be a good one for you. Cabaiguan might be a good shot too.
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:47 PM 10-10-2012
Fuente Sungrown is very creamy and smooth.
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro is very nice.
diesel unholy cocktail
Padron 3000 maduro (not that expensive)
Rocky Patel sungrown.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:40 PM 10-10-2012
Stick with anything with the name PADRON on it. I have yet to have or here of a bad one... :-)

But then again you should try every cigar atleast once. That way you know what works for you & your smoking enjoyment... Just saying... IMHO
[Reply]
shibby4781 03:50 PM 10-14-2012
Originally Posted by Smooth23:
I like the smooth creaminess without much harshness.
What I don't care for: I'm not a big fan of a lot of spice.
I'm right there with you! Here are some that I have found:

CI Legend Series Olive Label by AJ Frenandez. (Most of AJF's lines are a good place to start.)
Graycliff G2.
Cuesta Rey Captiva. (creamy goodness there!)
Tatuajes Havana IV
Like others have said Padron x000 are the way to go.

There are many sticks with that flavor profile you are looking for. I suggest stopping by your local B&M and tell them what you are looking for flavor wise and what you want to spend. Most good places won't steer you wrong, after all they do what you coming back.
[Reply]
RobR1205 03:56 PM 10-14-2012
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Stick with anything with the name PADRON on it. I have yet to have or here of a bad one... :-)

But then again you should try every cigar atleast once. That way you know what works for you & your smoking enjoyment... Just saying... IMHO
Well said! I've "grown" out of a lot of cigars as my tastes have changed, but these guys will always have a home in my humi!
[Reply]
crgcpro 04:17 PM 10-22-2012
San Lotano Habano and Maduro
LADC Mi Amor
Surragates Tramp Stamp
Kristoff Criollo and Maduro
[Reply]
Up