Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Unique evening...
Redbaron 10:57 AM 02-01-2009
So a local DE Crew member and myself decided after hearing many great stories about 1996 Krug to go find a bottle and enjoy. We searched and searched but could not find a bottle... but we did stumble upon this bottle.. which we purchased. We paired this bottle with 1987 H.Upmann Culebras. The Culebras were incredible, maybe the most "herbaceous" cigar I have ever had.

The Champagne on the other hand tasted old, kinda musty, almost as if the grapes used were taken from the Old Age home for grapes. The Champagne blender must've picked the oldest, crankiest grapes available at the time. I would only suggest drinking this Champagne if your watching a "Coccoon" marathon or have a large amount of money invested with Bernie Madoff!

[Reply]
gpugliese 11:00 AM 02-01-2009
Sweet! When was that bottle disgorged?
[Reply]
Clampdown 11:01 AM 02-01-2009
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 04:08 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by Redbaron:
So a local DE Crew member and myself decided after hearing many great stories about 1996 Krug to go find a bottle and enjoy. We searched and searched but could not find a bottle... but we did stumble upon this bottle.. which we purchased. We paired this bottle with 1987 H.Upmann Culebras. The Culebras were incredible, maybe the most "herbaceous" cigar I have ever had.

The Champagne on the other hand tasted old, kinda musty, almost as if the grapes used were taken from the Old Age home for grapes. The Champagne blender must've picked the oldest, crankiest grapes available at the time. I would only suggest drinking this Champagne if your watching a "Coccoon" marathon or have a large amount of money invested with Bernie Madoff!

Turkey! :-)

I'm in Steamboat skiing this week with the boys. Nice here, they know how to take care of their "senior athletes". :-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 04:41 PM 02-02-2009
very nice
[Reply]
jkim05 05:39 PM 02-02-2009
Looks...interesting?!?
[Reply]
Up