Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Cruzan Rum Cream
RGD. 09:05 PM 01-25-2009
Dusting off a few shelves today and ran across this bottle of Cruzan Rum Cream. Now I don't remember buying this - could have or maybe it was a gift. Anyway I decided to give it a go this evening.

First smell is a distinct reminder of Baileys Irish Cream. I poured a glass over ice and sat back to watch some TV. Now if you are a fan of Baileys - and enjoy Rum like I do - you may want to give this a go. Baileys of course is made with Irish Whiskey - here we have the Rum version.

I found it to be a very smooth creamy taste going down with a Rum kick - slight vanilla finish. The alcohol content may be just a tad higher than Baileys, I haven't checked - but after two glasses I have one of those nice warm fuzzy feelings which would take at least three glasses of Baileys.

May give it a go in the coffee later (not tonight) - but I'm pretty sure I'll pick up another bottle or two.

Ron

[Reply]
MedicCook 09:08 PM 01-25-2009
I have never had good luck with special flavored rums. This seems like a different direction though than other flavored rums I have had.
[Reply]
RGD. 09:28 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I have never had good luck with special flavored rums. This seems like a different direction though than other flavored rums I have had.

I don't do flavored rums - and this is not in that line. As it's made with Irish Cream, like Baileys - it really falls into the liqueur category.

Ron
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:35 PM 01-25-2009
I bet this would make a nice addition to some hot chocolate. I am not a big coffee drinker.
[Reply]
Mark C 05:37 AM 01-26-2009
Definitely not a 'flavored rum', use it like you would Bailey's, or even replace 'regular' cream in a lot of recipes. I used that in place of Bailey's in a few drink mixes over the weekend, came out pretty good, made a key lime martini with it once that was pretty good, and I'll bet it'd make a fantastic mudslide.

Keep it refrigerated though.
[Reply]
tobii3 09:43 AM 01-26-2009
Yeah, this is NOT flavored Rum.

If you like Rum, this stuff is MUCH better than Baileys!

(on the rocks....YUM!!!!!!):-)
[Reply]
RGD. 08:50 PM 01-26-2009
Over ice last night - in the coffee tonight - :-)

Ron
[Reply]
AzonCigars 09:02 PM 02-04-2009
I love Cruzan.....I'll have to look into getting some of this. Cruzan coconut and ice tea :-)
[Reply]
GoodFella 09:17 PM 02-04-2009
what u said sums this stuff up. i would not turn any down but i am not running out to get any.
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:33 PM 02-05-2009
Wow!!! That sounds really good Ron!!!

Thanks for the suggestion and review!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Up