Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Post up your mancave!
pektel 03:15 PM 08-03-2010
I did a quick search, and didn't see a thread on it yet. Thought this might be fun.

I'll start. Mine is far from finished, but it's in slight working order now. Still need frig, vino, and a humi. Remember, it still has a long way to go (finish painting, hang pictures, lighting in the bar, new stools, etc.)

The bar. The liquor cabinet is pretty bare. Jameson, Smirnoff, Appleton Estate, Captain morgan, and Cuervo 1800 are all that's left I believe. I would like to start restocking, but a humi is calling my name I think! And I think it would look great sitting next to that upper back bar cabinet on the left.:

Need to finish trimming this out, and installing a backsplash:

The sitting area:
[Reply]
bsmokin 03:21 PM 08-03-2010
Wow... that's pretty nice... Great Thread!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:32 PM 08-03-2010
Damn fine set-up you got there Peter!! :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 03:35 PM 08-03-2010
You win. That's awesome! My mancave consists of a couch in the garage with an AM/FM radio!
[Reply]
Chingas 03:38 PM 08-03-2010
That's too nice to post anything less worthy! Get to work and finish that piece!
[Reply]
Barteur 03:39 PM 08-03-2010
Nice set up:-) great thread
[Reply]
pektel 04:03 PM 08-03-2010
Thanks guys. I'd love to see other mancaves too. The terrible thing about mine is it's non smoking (I don't want to smoke with my kids in the house. I have a newborn, and a son who just turned 3 yesterday)

Originally Posted by Chingas:
That's too nice to post anything less worthy! Get to work and finish that piece!
BS! All mancaves are appreciated!

And noted. I do need to get to work on it. I REALLY want an ice machine.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:06 PM 08-03-2010
A non smoking mancave? I am confused. To each his own Brother bit man that bar and couch look way to inviting when your out in the snow smokin that special vitola gifted to you from a great BOTL!
[Reply]
pektel 04:11 PM 08-03-2010
I should rephrase: It's not smoke friendly yet.

Ventilation not thought of/installed yet. Remember, I am a super noob as far as smoking cigars goes. I have the go ahead from the girlfriend to smoke down there, I just need to figure out how to move the smoke out first. The nice thing is the drop ceiling will make for a very easy install of some type of ventilation.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:26 PM 08-03-2010
Smoke eater and lamp Berger.
[Reply]
markem 04:29 PM 08-03-2010
A whole room exhaust system is what you want. However, the only person I know who has one is presently out of the country and not likely to be in contact for quite some time. Maybe if you call some contractors you can get an idea as to what the costs would be.
[Reply]
pektel 04:31 PM 08-03-2010
I can install simple stuff like that. Drop ceiling tiles ftw!

My first thought was a couple of bathroom fans lol. Going to check out those companies right now, chingas. Thanks for the recommendations. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 04:53 PM 08-03-2010
Bathroom fans will not move enough air, you will need an inline exhaust fan. These can be connected to ductwork and vented directly outside. You will need one rated high enough to move some air, probably 400-1000cfm. Here are some examples. http://residential.fantech.net/resid...ine-duct-fans/
[Reply]
pektel 05:01 PM 08-03-2010
Thanks for the link, bob. I was doing some research just now, and found out the same thing about bathroom fans. I need around a 500cfm fan. And the inline ones seem the most likely candidate.

Looks like the fantech fr250 could handle what I need. 649cfm, and I could tee it off, put one inlet over the bar, and another over the couch. Then a Hepa or deionizer like chingas suggested.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:15 PM 08-03-2010
If you can exhaust enough you may not need anything else. The only problem is that you will lose heat or cooling in that room when the fan is running. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 05:19 PM 08-03-2010
Agreed. That was my one big worry about exhaust fans. But having it on for an hour isn't going to be terrible compared to a house that smells like an ashtray. Guess it's kind of a trade-off.
[Reply]
NeuRon 05:23 PM 08-03-2010
i love that bar!

i gotta get some updated pictures... but nothing too special here
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:59 AM 08-04-2010
Here is mine! This is where I spend most of my time!:-)
Attached: Kegaerator.jpg (9.0 KB) 
[Reply]
shilala 09:03 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Here is mine! This is where I spend most of my time!:-)
Now that right there is funny, period. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 09:08 AM 08-04-2010
I really want a keg fridge. Just don't think I have the space. What do you have for beer selection in there?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up