Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 112 of 225
« First < 1262102110111112 113114122162212 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
chippewastud79 07:39 PM 06-21-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
It's the NL Central. Of course we won't capitalize on it. Larussa is too good of a manager, and we've only scored 7 runs over the last 4 games. The Cards lost seven in a row at one point this season and still were in first place afterwards.

Good to see John Fay getting on board the Cozart bandwagon. If the Enquirer beat reporters keep hounding Walt and Dusty, then maybe we'll see a change at ss. Janish and Renteria just aren't getting the job done.
The Reds still can't beat winning teams this season. See: 2010-2011 :-)

Reyes can't get here fast enough to save the Reds from themselves, the leadoff position and SS. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:40 PM 06-21-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Reds DON't LOSE!
Zero K's for Stubbs today. :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:19 AM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Zero K's for Stubbs today. :-):-):-):-)
:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:50 AM 06-22-2011
:-)
Moving Stubbs back in the lineup to get his stats up to .265 in time for the Reyes trade today :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:03 AM 06-22-2011
I checked the lineup for this afternoon. Drew Stubbs is batting 6th today. :-)

I think this is a good idea until Stubbs can reduce his strikeouts. What do you think Andy?
[Reply]
Starscream 10:43 AM 06-22-2011
I like it. He's got the speed of a leadoff, but not much else. Who is leadoff today? Phillips?

Nevermind. I don't like it at all. Lewis hitting leadoff?:-) That's worse than Stubbs. Give Heisey a shot there, or move Cozart up for the time being and let him hit leadoff for a few games.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:27 PM 06-22-2011
Man, Leake looks terrible in this game and he is only down 2 :-)

I like it. He's got the speed of a leadoff, but not much else. Who is leadoff today? Phillips?

Nevermind. I don't like it at all. Lewis hitting leadoff?:-) That's worse than Stubbs. Give Heisey a shot there, or move Cozart up for the time being and let him hit leadoff for a few games.
Lewis is looking decent in the leadoff and atleast had some patience in his at-bats and drove in the run on the sac-fly.

Stubbs is still 0-2 today but reached on an error and scored on an error :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:48 PM 06-22-2011
Stubbs has led off 3 innings and without Pena having 3 errors he would be sitting on the bench 3 times. He did not strikeout yet, so maybe its working. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:30 PM 06-22-2011
Stubbs in the 6 looks a lot like the leadoff, no patience, no hits. He waited until his 4th AB to strikeout though, but he may have seen 12 pitches total this afternoon. :-)

I like the way Lewis approached the leadoff roll, he had patience, fouled off pitches, and tried to put the ball in play. A few more opportunities to bat there and he could maybe be the right fit. The trade rumors have all but dried up, so this looks to be the team going forward. What say you Dan and Andy? :-)

Worst part of their play recently, the Reds can't score runs against 4 and 5 guys in the Yankees rotation and today they played about the weakest lineup the Yankees can put on the field. No Rodriguez (the reason they even had 2 runs with 3 E's by Pena), no Texeria, no Jeter and they are facing three pitchers that were in Triple-A to start the year. Luckily the weak division is all moving backwards right now :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:42 PM 06-22-2011
Stubbs on the bench tonight :-) Good move Dan? :-)
[Reply]
Acesfull 05:17 PM 06-22-2011
Yes... Stubbs should never play till he gets his act together..
[Reply]
Starscream 06:53 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Stubbs in the 6 looks a lot like the leadoff, no patience, no hits. He waited until his 4th AB to strikeout though, but he may have seen 12 pitches total this afternoon. :-)

I like the way Lewis approached the leadoff roll, he had patience, fouled off pitches, and tried to put the ball in play. A few more opportunities to bat there and he could maybe be the right fit. The trade rumors have all but dried up, so this looks to be the team going forward. What say you Dan and Andy? :-)

Worst part of their play recently, the Reds can't score runs against 4 and 5 guys in the Yankees rotation and today they played about the weakest lineup the Yankees can put on the field. No Rodriguez (the reason they even had 2 runs with 3 E's by Pena), no Texeria, no Jeter and they are facing three pitchers that were in Triple-A to start the year. Luckily the weak division is all moving backwards right now :-)
A trade may still happen, but it probably won't be what the fans want to see, as per usual.
At this point I say let's see what Cozart and maybe Alonso can do. LF and SS are killing us offensively this year. Heisey hasn't been bad, but being in a platoon role doesn't help him any.

Originally Posted by Acesfull:
Yes... Stubbs should never play till he gets his act together..
I wouldn't go that far, but Stubbs needs to sit for a few games and maybe he can get himself together.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:10 PM 06-22-2011
Awesome win tonight!:-)

Too bad it wasn't against the Yankees' A team. But a win is a win.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:59 PM 06-22-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:17 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Reds win! Reds win!
Stubbs sits, Reds win :-)
Heisey might be the answer to the leadoff spot after that display tonight. What do you think Dan? :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:32 PM 06-22-2011

I wouldn't go that far, but Stubbs needs to sit for a few games and maybe he can get himself together.
2 for his last 21 and 5 of 30 with 11 K's, he needs a nice long sit. I am not sure he has a 10 game stretch this season that he hasn't struck out atleast 10 times. Maybe a trip to Louisville would teach him some patience. :-) Good news, his STRIKEOUT total for this SEASON has now reached 100, or equal to the same number of WALKS he has in his CAREER. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:29 AM 06-23-2011
Good news!

Looks like Renteria is about to get DFA and Cozart being called up. It's not official yet, but Lance and Fay are both reporting it's probably gonna happen today.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:35 AM 06-23-2011
Good news!

Looks like Renteria is about to get DFA and Cozart being called up. It's not official yet, but Lance and Fay are both reporting it's probably gonna happen today.
Good. I would like to see them DFA Fred Lewis as well.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:57 AM 06-23-2011
Yeah, but I hear the Reds are interested in Ludwick.:-)

Really, I'd like to see one person in LF (Heisey) for at least 7-10 starts in a row.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:12 AM 06-23-2011
Yeah, but I hear the Reds are interested in Ludwick.:-)

Really, I'd like to see one person in LF (Heisey) for at least 7-10 starts in a row.
Yeah. I mean you need to reward someone when they hit 3 HR's off of the Yankees in 1 game :-)
[Reply]
Page 112 of 225
« First < 1262102110111112 113114122162212 > Last »
Up