Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 33
« First < 14222324 2526 > Last »
Entertainment>What is the last concert you've seen?
celtic250 11:24 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
String Cheese Incident. More dubstep than bluegrass...miss the old stuff.
Did you hit all 3 shows at the Aragon? Still waiting for them to make there way back to CO. Haven't seen them since Winter Carnival. I agree the new dubstep mix they are throwing in there is horrible.
[Reply]
Ismith75 11:41 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by celtic250:
Did you hit all 3 shows at the Aragon? Still waiting for them to make there way back to CO. Haven't seen them since Winter Carnival. I agree the new dubstep mix they are throwing in there is horrible.
Caught the last two nights,the second was the better of the two. Saw their last show at red rocks when I was college and it blew both of these out of the water. They need to go back to the bluegrass and phunk.
[Reply]
mase 09:45 PM 12-15-2011
Saw Noam Pikelny & Friends in NYC. Apparently, one of his friends is Steve Martin. Cool show in a very small venue.

Sorry the pics are so terrible - all I had was my cell phone.
[Reply]
celtic250 12:37 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
Caught the last two nights,the second was the better of the two. Saw their last show at red rocks when I was college and it blew both of these out of the water. They need to go back to the bluegrass and phunk.
I first saw cheese back in 99. Those were the days for sure. Did you catch the 07 RR run? That was a good time with some good music. I am heading out to NYC for Phish NYE run here in a couple weeks. Can't wait for the phunk.
[Reply]
CigarInspector 06:49 AM 01-09-2012
I use to go to concerts all the time when I was a teenager, but now they’ve become so damn expensive! I am choosier about who I see and where is it. If I’m not in the front row, it’s not worth the price of admission.
So the last concert I saw was Grinderman….Another one of Nick Cave’s reincarnations. It has a great garage sound with hardcore lyrics. It was a great concert and I was upfront. Glad I went because they broke up just recently.
[Reply]
Carmack 11:08 AM 01-09-2012
Anthrax/Megadeth/Slayer in Orlando
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 11:38 AM 01-09-2012
It always amazes me how music can show the diversity and personality of people so well.
[Reply]
Redlegsmoker 04:41 PM 01-09-2012
Buddy Guy and Shenika Copeland
[Reply]
Taki 05:36 PM 01-09-2012
Dave Matthews Band
[Reply]
jluck 06:11 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Carmack:
Anthrax/Megadeath/Slayer in Orlando

This one shocked me....I opened up the thread right on it! the last concert I was at was Rob Zombie/Anthrax
[Reply]
tsolomon 05:20 AM 01-10-2012
Johnny Winters at Ramshead, good concert but he's looking pretty old. The opening band was JP Soars and the Red Hots and he rocked the house. Played what looked like a home made cigar box two string guitar for the last two songs.
[Reply]
Carmack 08:45 AM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
This one shocked me....I opened up the thread right on it! the last concert I was at was Rob Zombie/Anthrax
I wasn't a big Anthrax fan before I saw them live but they were really good. Great sound and stage presence.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:54 AM 01-10-2012
Just saw NOFX in Tempe, AZ. The Grim opened followed by Old Man Markley and Pulley. It was a great show and NOFX played a lot of great songs!
[Reply]
crazyirishman 06:26 PM 01-16-2012
My wife and I did something for the pure absurdity of it, and the tickets were 20 bucks.

We saw the Backstreet Boys at Pine Knob (screw you, DTE) a couple of years back. That was honestly my last concert.
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 08:09 PM 01-16-2012
My wife really wanted to see MGMT a couple years ago. Honestly, the concert sucked...

But, to be technical, the last concert I attended was the Holiday concert put on by my choir and our school's band.
[Reply]
IndyRob 10:26 AM 01-30-2012
Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel - Friday 1/27/2012

I missed Death Angel unfortunately, would have loved to catch those dudes. Everyone that caught this part said they tore it up though.

Testament - With Alex Skolnick back on guitar and Gene Hoglan on drums... DESTROYED. Eric Peterson is an amazing guitarist and to hear him with Alex again is just awsome. Then you toss in Gene Hoglan on drums and its just over the top.

Anthrax -- Minus Scott Ian (out sick) and Charlie Benante (left, mom is terminally ill). Despite being down two of its core members... Anthrax prodded on. They pulled in Gene Hoglan on drums and Robbie and Teddy from Death Angel filled in on guitar when they could. You could clearly hear the difference when it was just one guitar, but really... It was still a solid show. Joey sounds better than ever and Frankie is one of the funnest dudes to watch play ever... and they had Gene Hoglan on drums... GENE HOGLAN!

Great show - if they come through your neck of the woods, I highly suggest checking it out. Scott is back on stage, and I'm sure Gene is nailing down the parts even better than he already had been.
[Reply]
cobra03 01:07 AM 02-04-2012
Went up to Toronto on wed to see The Darkness and Foxy Shazam. Absolutly awesome show, had a blast. Had never heard Foxy Shazam before but they put on one of the best stage shows ive seen in a very long time.
[Reply]
maconusmile 04:06 AM 02-04-2012
Lady Antebellum... Wow it rocked!
[Reply]
racerX 10:35 AM 02-19-2012
michael schenker at Dantas in Portland. Van Halen is next for me.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:48 AM 02-20-2012
The BoDeans on Sat!! Oh the memories.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 33
« First < 14222324 2526 > Last »
Up