Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Jameson Caskmates Irish Whiskey
Brian D. 02:43 PM 01-02-2019
So, you know what it is, right? Two varieties of Jameson's that spends their last year of aging in beer barrels: One is called, Caskmates Stout, the other is Caskmates IPA.

Both pair well with cigars, but I give the nod to the stout version. Apparently others enjoy it too: Brought a bottle to the Shack Herf community booze table last summer, and it got gone by sometime early Saturday, ahead of several other offerings on the table. That's pretty scientific, hmm?
[Reply]
stearns 03:07 PM 01-02-2019
Haven't tried the IPA, but I'm a big fan of the stout version :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:24 PM 01-02-2019
I enjoy the stout. Haven't had the IPA yet. Every time I reach for it at the liquor store my hand moves over to the stout. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:50 PM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
So, you know what it is, right? Two varieties of Jameson's that spends their last year of aging in beer barrels: One is called, Caskmates Stout, the other is Caskmates IPA.

Both pair well with cigars, but I give the nod to the stout version. Apparently others enjoy it too: Brought a bottle to the Shack Herf community booze table last summer, and it got gone by sometime early Saturday, ahead of several other offerings on the table. That's pretty scientific, hmm?
I brought one to Shack as well, but yours got opened so I guess we'll have some this summer too. It was good, Brian, thanks for bringing it.

I hate IPAs so no real reason for me to try that version.
[Reply]
blugill 11:39 AM 04-06-2021
I love the Jameson’s Stout whiskey!
It was amazing to have something that was so smooth and yet so affordable!
Quality whiskey right there!
[Reply]
Up