Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Still experimenting...
Slow-N-Steady 06:29 PM 03-27-2011
Please forgive me if this shouldn't go here. But I'm still trying to find my way. Until recently, I have only felt comfortable smoking Padrons. I love the gobs of smoke they provide, the taste/aroma, and everything else about them....but I'm trying to find others I like. :-)

Of the above new purchases this weekend, the Oliva V series (omg!), La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor (omg!), and Fuente Anejo have been AMAZING. I still prefer the anniversary and even 3000 series Padron cigars, but these cigars were great. What else might I like based off also like the ones I've tried this weekend?

I tried the Opus X and wasn't really wow'ed (blasphemy I know lol, will try again), and various cigars by Kristoff, La Cuba Gloria, and Montecristo. I'm not saying any of these are good, still a noob, forgive me. lol

If it matters, I always pair my cigars with either Port, a single malt scotch, or porter beer.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:34 PM 03-27-2011
Seems you really like Nica baccy. Try anything/everything made (like that Mi Amor) by Pepin.

Ah hell, try everything you can. I'm still trying new cigars after 6 years. (there are tons of them and more coming out everyday, it seems)

:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 06:38 PM 03-27-2011
Brotha it appears to me that you are "Well on your way" to becoming
a "Maduro Ho"! *lmao* I would suggest you try some Diesel's, La Gloria Cubana
Series R Maduro's, Tatuaje La Riqueza, Tatuaje 7th Reserva, Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva to name a few....
[Reply]
joeobx 06:47 PM 03-27-2011
Another one to try is the AF Queen B.
[Reply]
Slow-N-Steady 06:47 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Seems you really like Nica baccy. Try anything/everything made (like that Mi Amor) by Pepin.

Ah hell, try everything you can. I'm still trying new cigars after 6 years. (there are tons of them and more coming out everyday, it seems)

Thanks for your input! I will do so! That's the thing, I get to the B&M store and I'm lost in the hundreds of types of cigars to chose from!

Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Brotha it appears to me that you are "Well on your way" to becoming
a "Maduro Ho"! *lmao* I would suggest you try some Diesel's, La Gloria Cubana
Series R Maduro's, Tatuaje La Riqueza, Tatuaje 7th Reserva, Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva to name a few....
Thanks! It seems like I really like most of what I try that is Maduro. Also, I've heard/read a lot about Tatuaje, definitely need to give them a try.
[Reply]
Slow-N-Steady 06:50 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Another one to try is the AF Queen B.
Honestly, my local shop has so much AF (minus the Opus line) that it's hard to figure out what I should try. Thanks for the suggestion.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:54 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by Slow-N-Steady:
Thanks! It seems like I really like most of what I try that is Maduro.
From a "true-blue maduro whore", allow me to recommend a few maduros for you...

Camacho Triple Maduro
CAO MX3 (can be had at W.C. Drapers)
601 Blue
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote
Old Henry Maduro (can be had at Holts)
DPG JJ Series Maduro
El Cobre
Cubao Maduro
[Reply]
Ogre 06:59 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
From a "true-blue maduro whore", let me recommend a few maduros for you...

Camacho Triple Maduro
601 Blue
DPG JJ Series Maduro
El Cobre
Cubao Maduro
Great list to start with!!!!
[Reply]
Slow-N-Steady 07:03 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
From a "true-blue maduro whore", allow me to recommend a few maduros for you...

Camacho Triple Maduro
601 Blue
DPG JJ Series Maduro
El Cobre
Cubao Maduro
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Great list to start with!!!!
Thanks lol...wrote them all down. Half of them, I've never even heard of...which is great..thx!

I really need a true humi, but it all seems a bit complicated with all the options to choose from. I also travel for work 3 weeks a month, so I'm not sure what solution I should really go with.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:08 PM 03-27-2011
Sounds like our tastes run sort of in similar veins. If you can, I'd find some Litto Gomez Diez and some Coronados (by La Flor Dominicana), these are incredible smokes with some body, good flavor, and some nice complexity.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:08 PM 03-27-2011
Also check out the NST in the newbie section, I've received some great cigars in doing the trades there!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 07:24 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Also check out the NST in the newbie section, I've received some great cigars in doing the trades there!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
loki993 08:20 PM 03-27-2011
Those are all great cigars. Ive never had a Padron anny, but I have had a "regular" Padron 5000.

Try a Liga Privada T-52. Id be willing to put it up against anything. They are that good.
[Reply]
thecatch83 08:24 PM 03-27-2011
+2 for 601 Blue and DPG Serie JJ Maduro!!! Pound for pound, dollar for dollar the best smoke going!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 08:28 PM 03-27-2011
the perdomo2 limited edition maduros are yummy as well. smoke two this weekend
[Reply]
JJG 08:50 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Sounds like our tastes run sort of in similar veins. If you can, I'd find some Litto Gomez Diez
I have to agree. These are quickly becoming my favorite NC smokes. They remind me of the Opus X line, but a little cheaper, (and better). This is only my opinion, but I am of the belief that top shelf Dominican tobacco has the potential to be much more smooth, complex, and more rich than most Nicaraguan tobacco. :-)

Now that I think about it, I believe it was Mr. RevSmoke himself who recommended I try the LGD line. Thanks Brother! :-)
[Reply]
Slow-N-Steady 07:16 AM 03-28-2011
I’m going to pick up a Liga Privada T-52, Litto Gomez Diez, La Flor Dominicana, and 601 Blue the next time I go shopping. I’ll try some of the others on the next go round. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Also regarding the humidor, is the type of case I have now the best bet if I’m traveling most of the year? Any other solution I should consider?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:24 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by Slow-N-Steady:
Also regarding the humidor, is the type of case I have now the best bet if I’m traveling most of the year? Any other solution I should consider?
They type case is perfect. Maybe get a larger one. I regularly carry the 18 count. Without the trays, you can easily get 50 cigars in there.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:29 AM 03-28-2011
As others have said, you are well on your way!

Excellent choices in beverage pairing!!!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:55 AM 03-28-2011
From this point on, there is no looking back. Full steam ahead... :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up