Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Lounge in Limerick, PA
Joseywales 03:21 PM 05-16-2010
Goose's Tobacco Outlet and Cafe opened about 3 weeks ago. I stumbled in there today. On Ridge Pike in Limerick, just up the road from Waeltz's Golf.

Decent size walk-in with normal selections. More then I need, since I have modest tastes.

Nice size lounge and exhaust seems like it would do the job, though there were no smokers while I was there (Sunday afternoon).

They do have locker plans, large screen TVs, looks like they're looking to add poker, etc.

Reasonably priced, I believe. I didn't have my "want list", but I do like the Quoroms to fill space in my humidor and I bought a brick of 20 Robustos for $28. I had only bought them in singles before, but $1.50 a stick seemed ok to me.

Anyway, you veterans can check it out. I just wanted to pass it on.
[Reply]
msayewich 07:49 PM 05-16-2010
Wow a 1.50$?!?!? Man I wish I could buy stogs for that price here in Toronto...
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:20 PM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by msayewich:
Wow a 1.50$?!?!? Man I wish I could buy stogs for that price here in Toronto...

The Quoroms, are really cheap cigars, but a good bargain. Look them up and if you want to try them, I will pick up a bundle for you! They are available here locally.
[Reply]
Noodles 10:33 AM 05-17-2010
Is this them, http://www.goosecgars.com/index.html?

Must be a secret members only cigar shop. I tried to find their address and/or phone # in their website to no avail. :-)
[Reply]
NeuRon 10:36 AM 05-17-2010
shame i didn't hear about it sooner, i made this post not too long ago, and found nothing but heartache and loneliness.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29857
[Reply]
Walt 07:37 AM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by Joseywales:
Goose's Tobacco Outlet and Cafe opened about 3 weeks ago. I stumbled in there today. On Ridge Pike in Limerick, just up the road from Waeltz's Golf.

Decent size walk-in with normal selections. More then I need, since I have modest tastes.

Nice size lounge and exhaust seems like it would do the job, though there were no smokers while I was there (Sunday afternoon).

They do have locker plans, large screen TVs, looks like they're looking to add poker, etc.

Reasonably priced, I believe. I didn't have my "want list", but I do like the Quoroms to fill space in my humidor and I bought a brick of 20 Robustos for $28. I had only bought them in singles before, but $1.50 a stick seemed ok to me.

Anyway, you veterans can check it out. I just wanted to pass it on.
I was over at Sir Stogies (Rt. 73 in Gilbertsville, near Zerns) on Sunday and they made mention of a new shop opening up in Limerick. I'll have to try and get away one weekend and check it out.
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:14 AM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by bonggoy:
Is this them, http://www.goosecgars.com/index.html?

Must be a secret members only cigar shop. I tried to find their address and/or phone # in their website to no avail. :-)
Their phone number is on their "Contact Us" page.
[Reply]
Joseywales 02:38 PM 05-18-2010
I think their web site is still under construction.
[Reply]
Joseywales 03:03 PM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by Walt:
I was over at Sir Stogies (Rt. 73 in Gilbertsville, near Zerns) on Sunday and they made mention of a new shop opening up in Limerick. I'll have to try and get away one weekend and check it out.
I live close by to Limerick and would be interested to see your review of the shop. They're still blowing drywall dust off of some things, but so far it looks good.

I don't frequent lounges, because I can't take the heavy concentration of smoke. Put me out on my deck, with some wine or a beer and I'm good to go. Most lounges don't ventilate well enough to suite me, but maybe this one is different.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:56 PM 05-18-2010
I hear there's a lounge in PA
That opened just the other day
Called Goose's. A stick
Down in Limerick
Is cheap - if gypsum dust's OK.
[Reply]
Joseywales 06:58 PM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I hear there's a lounge in PA
That opened just the other day
Called Goose's. A stick
Down in Limerick
Is cheap - if gypsum dust's OK.
Well, I might have been a bit harsh on the dust. The hardwood floors are well done and the leather chairs are comfy. Only the poker table had dust, but that'll get remedied. I might be able to sneak a smoke there some time next week
[Reply]
Joseywales 01:19 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Their phone number is on their "Contact Us" page.
WOW! That number's buried deeper than an Alabama tick! Can you say Marketing?
[Reply]
frbruce 03:41 PM 05-25-2010
Hi guys! I am the first member of Goose's Cigars and I could actually access my locker today is I wanted to as they are ready to go. I told them to wait until they get additional members with lockers because I don't want them to start it up just for me.

The ventilation is awesome although the detector is not working well. There is a control to turn it on manually which we do when the smoke gets to be too much. They switch it on right away and take care of it. There are two big screen TVs that are app. 50" and the main TV is 58" (I believe). They offer free WiFi and I bring my PC and work there maybe two days a week instead of going into the office. The owners and their employees are very helpful and bend over backwards to accommodate every customer's needs. The web site needs some work and this has been communicated to them. They are looking for ideas for improving and constantly inquire from the various cigar afficianados who pay them a visit. The more of us who frequent the place, the better it will become. The lounge is wonderful already but they plan on improving it. Just as I was typing this, the owner's son was sweeping the hardwood floors in the lounge and I was the only customer in here today. I was either very messy or they are keeping the place maintained well. I'll go to the latter. Please come on in and give it a try as I personally love the place and really would like to see it succeed for years to come as it is definitely a home away from home for me and I've only been coming here over the past month. Tell them Fr. Bruce sent you!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:02 PM 05-25-2010
The Friar is hyping the juice
And trying to give us a goose.
His new home away
From home in PA
Is calling us . . . and so is Bruce.
[Reply]
Stinky 07:19 PM 07-05-2010
Still no address on the web site. They sent an e-mail, but didn't mention their shop name nor location. . . but, I remember meeting them from Tobacco Expo here back in March. Dad is (or was) a cigar mfg. rep and son will run the store. . . John & John, Jr.
[Reply]
Stinky 10:21 PM 07-05-2010
FYI:

Goose's Tobacco Outlet & Lounge
250 West Ridge Pike
Limerick, PA 19468

484-902-8762
[Reply]
The Poet 01:22 PM 07-06-2010
So, Goose's has a business plan
Which, frankly, I don't understand.
Most want one to know
Where patrons can go,
But they stick their heads in the sand.
[Reply]
fricky 07:29 AM 11-28-2010
Thanks to this site, I found Goose's. Now that it is cold and I do not smoke in the house, I needed an indoor place to smoke a cigar. The employees are quite friendly. They have a reasonable selection of cigars and are expanding the selection based on requests from patrons. The lounge is very roomy with 2 large televisions and personal lockers are available (with certain memberships). The exhaust system is very effective. You are also permitted to bring your favorite adult beverage.

I found a home away from home.
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:50 PM 04-04-2011
anybody else from the area want to go share a smoke at Gooses?
[Reply]
Up