Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Who has the treasure dome or something around 300 cigar count.
longknocker 07:25 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Let me explain something quickly.

I bought the humidor right in the smack dab of the cold weather and i sat in a room with a cathedral ceiling. The room would always be 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house and i thought i was having humidity issues. I ended up doing several labor intensive humidity tests and came to the conclusion that it DID NOT leak humidity.

So, to answer your question, the seal was great!
:-) Looks Like The Price Is Right, Too, From Tampa Humidors.:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:29 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) Looks Like The Price Is Right, Too, From Tampa Humidors.:-)
I am very happy with hteir service too.

They can be had on the imperfect pages for about 125.00 frequently.

So heavy and hefty, its a very nice piece!
[Reply]
htown 08:04 PM 01-12-2010
I have the treasure dome and love it. I believe the vitola they use to determine cigar volume in a humidor is the corona and it probably could hold 200-250.
Attached: GetAttachment.jpg (2.4 KB) GetAttachment2.jpg (3.0 KB) GetAttachment3.jpg (2.9 KB) 
[Reply]
nayslayer 08:11 PM 01-12-2010
I have the treasure dome as well, and if you organize it well, you can fit quite a bit, not sure about 300, but great for the price... got mine from cigarbid as well
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:18 PM 01-12-2010
Treasure Dome is legit. Probably can be found for less than $120 from the Devil :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:23 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Treasure Dome is legit. Probably can be found for less than $120 from the Devil :-)
A couple people found it for double digits on the first page.

Can anyone comment on the seal quality?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:25 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
A couple people found it for double digits on the first page.

Can anyone comment on the seal quality?
I believe I got three for $87 each, just using $120 as a benchmark for a good deal I suppose.

Better seal than any other of the desktops I have had. :-)
[Reply]
Neuromancer 09:12 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by muhren:
Here are a couple snaps...I've got mine loaded up pretty good and it's no where near 250. Well, maybe 150-ish at MAX.
Yep...thats it! :-)
[Reply]
scooter 09:24 AM 01-15-2010
and it does fit on top of the vino temp. That is where mine is at the moment.:-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 09:49 AM 01-15-2010
I have a Salerno as well. It has a great seal and you can pack a ton of smokes in it. I've since moved to a vino, but it's rock solid. Initially I had a problem with the seal around that large useless gauge in the front, but I sealed it and never had a problem again.
[Reply]
muhren 09:54 AM 01-15-2010
My humidity holds really well with quite a few beads. I'd say the seal is as good as any.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 07:47 PM 01-16-2010
Just bought my treasure dome. Came to 144 shipped and I received a free 2 cigar Cigar Caddy.
[Reply]
OnlyDryReds 01:14 PM 06-14-2010
Just got my Salerno on Friday from tampa humidor. After i had out and was in hurry to get it seasoned, I found that the screws holding the hinges on the left and right sides were loose, and unable to tighen them due to fact it isnt "real" wood underneath but fiberboard ( heavy duty cardboard). I figured wasnt worth my time to pack everything all up since I was already in process of seasoning it, so I used a little 5 min expoy in the screw holes using a paperclip to get it in deep, re-installed screws and was good to go. So if you have one of these, be careful that lid is HEAVY, and it would not take much to pull those hinges loose. I am also glad I ordered it with digital hydro, the one that came with was a total bear to get calibrated, after a few days got it to within 1 of the digital. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up