Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>New toy...to follow CA on!!!
dunng 04:26 PM 10-03-2009
Very nice Hackintosh! :-)
[Reply]
AD720 08:24 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE:
Have any of you guys upgraded to Snow leopard on those yet?
I'm holding off for now. There are a couple issue with snow leopard - some problems with the audio output not working properly which is sort of a deal breaker for me. That is a Mini 9 specific issue though - I think the 10V runs it with no issues at all.

Snow Leopard runs great on my MacBook though! :-)
[Reply]
tchariya 10:57 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
How does it run OSX? Any bugs? I had OSX on my mini9 but took it off due to a few compatibility issues. I love my macbook, but the minimac just wasn't the same.
The mechdrew guide really makes OSX install correctly on the Mini with the correct set of devices.

It runs like a champ...yeah its now core2quad G5 beast...but I'm not asking it to edit videos.
[Reply]
tchariya 10:58 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by catfish2:
Now thats cool Than. When I need a new computer, I'll contact you for advice.

Come on over! OSX is wonderful for my non-work computing environment.
[Reply]
tchariya 11:01 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Gotta say... very cool, Than!

Been using it at "The Bull and Bear?" :-)

heh....I left it there at today...whooops. HEH.
Not quite use to carrying such a small 'murse'.
[Reply]
tchariya 11:04 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I'm holding off for now. There are a couple issue with snow leopard - some problems with the audio output not working properly which is sort of a deal breaker for me. That is a Mini 9 specific issue though - I think the 10V runs it with no issues at all.

SL is really for the super beefy dual/quad core builds. If I had the right rig for my tower, I would consider hackintosh method, but I don't want to spend money on fixing my windows 7/xp box that isn't really broken at all.

One thing I DONT MISS is the constant upgrade of virus definitions and "Allow this program to run/modify windows blah blah blah" or...you have Windows updates ready to install....want to reboot now?? Frickin nagware.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 07:47 AM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:

Thanks for thew info
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up