Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: My Lighter is Made By?
Xikar 38 29.01%
JetLine 3 2.29%
Lotus 8 6.11%
Bugatti 4 3.05%
Vector 5 3.82%
Vertigo 0 0%
Ronson 24 18.32%
Nibo 1 0.76%
Alec Bradley 1 0.76%
Zippo 0 0%
St Dupont 6 4.58%
Porsche 0 0%
Davidoff 0 0%
Black Ops 3 2.29%
Blazer 12 9.16%
Blue Rhino 0 0%
Coleman 0 0%
Bic 3 2.29%
Other 20 15.27%
I use Matches 3 2.29%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My Lighter is made By?
MajorCaptSilly 03:18 PM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by Brlesq:
x2. I have the dual torch that looks like a railroad passenger car. Its worked well for years
Yep! That's the one I have as well. Still use it.

MCS
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:43 PM 10-08-2012
bump
[Reply]
icehog3 07:12 PM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
bump
Because it's been a whole 3 1/2 hours? Oh, Rob..... :-)
[Reply]
Sumatra Samurai 07:41 PM 10-08-2012
I'm looking to get a non-torch butane lighter that's under $100, anybody have any recommendations?
[Reply]
Scottw 08:29 PM 10-08-2012
Ronson and lotus for me
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:13 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Xikar, Blazer and then a Coleman for me.
Me too!:-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 09:07 AM 10-09-2012
Dunhill
[Reply]
T.G 09:08 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by Sumatra Samurai:
I'm looking to get a non-torch butane lighter that's under $100, anybody have any recommendations?
Bic. About $1.59+tax
[Reply]
pektel 09:14 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Bic. About $1.59+tax
Actually, this is what I use the majority of the time. Ronson if I'm outside.
[Reply]
T.G 09:18 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
Actually, this is what I use the majority of the time. Ronson if I'm outside.
I use bic lighters quite often too. That and the guangda lighters. I was never that impressed by the Ronsons.
[Reply]
pektel 09:25 AM 10-09-2012
I use bic lighters quite often too. That and the guangda lighters. I was never that impressed by the Ronsons.
I got a guangda as a gift. The thing will not light. Filled it with fuel, tried to purge, and nothing comes out the spout. Almost like it's clogged. Obviously, my experience is not representative of guangda. I just haven't taken a look at trying to fix it because the ronson still works. I should look at it again soon.
[Reply]
czerbe 10:06 AM 10-09-2012
Prometheus Retro Lighter. Bad A%$ ligher
[Reply]
T.G 10:11 AM 10-09-2012
I got a guangda as a gift. The thing will not light. Filled it with fuel, tried to purge, and nothing comes out the spout. Almost like it's clogged. Obviously, my experience is not representative of guangda. I just haven't taken a look at trying to fix it because the ronson still works. I should look at it again soon.

Could happen to any of the $2, $3, $4 lighters.

At $2 /ea from DX, it's hardly worth worrying about.

What I never liked about the Ronsons is their miniscule fuel capacity, the lack of any way to visually tell how full the dinky tank is, the metal triggers that might look cool, but heat up pretty quickly, so if you're lighting a few cigars in a row, by about the 3rd one, you're burning your finger, and, worst of all, the nonsense searching and chasing around needed to acquire one. I mean seriously, I think I can get the newest LE from Tatuaje with less effort than it takes to shop around to find a Ronson.

The DX lighters, I go to the website, click a few buttons and however many of them I want magically show up on my doorstep 2-3 weeks later.
[Reply]
pektel 10:26 AM 10-09-2012
Could happen to any of the $2, $3, $4 lighters.

At $2 /ea from DX, it's hardly worth worrying about.

What I never liked about the Ronsons is their miniscule fuel capacity, the lack of any way to visually tell how full the dinky tank is, the metal triggers that might look cool, but heat up pretty quickly, so if you're lighting a few cigars in a row, by about the 3rd one, you're burning your finger, and, worst of all, the nonsense searching and chasing around needed to acquire one. I mean seriously, I think I can get the newest LE from Tatuaje with less effort than it takes to shop around to find a Ronson.

The DX lighters, I go to the website, click a few buttons and however many of them I want magically show up on my doorstep 2-3 weeks later.
Agreed on disadvantages of the Ronson. Except the searching for one. I have about a half dozen, because they are always in the express lane at my local Walmart. I have had the Ronson heat up when more than 1 person is using my lighter. But 99.9% of the time, I'm smoking by myself out on my deck. I don't care for the fuel capacity of the Ronson, but then again, I'm most always smoking at home, and always have a can of fuel around.

It would be nice, however, to know when I'm running low on fuel. That's been my biggest pet peeve. Only get the foot halfway toasted, and have the lighter run out of fuel. I've sworn at the Ronson a few times when that happens.
[Reply]
T.G 11:03 AM 10-09-2012
Agreed on disadvantages of the Ronson. Except the searching for one. I have about a half dozen, because they are always in the express lane at my local Walmart. I have had the Ronson heat up when more than 1 person is using my lighter. But 99.9% of the time, I'm smoking by myself out on my deck. I don't care for the fuel capacity of the Ronson, but then again, I'm most always smoking at home, and always have a can of fuel around.

It would be nice, however, to know when I'm running low on fuel. That's been my biggest pet peeve. Only get the foot halfway toasted, and have the lighter run out of fuel. I've sworn at the Ronson a few times when that happens.

True, Ronson availability has always seemed to vary by region.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:47 PM 10-09-2012
ST Dupont and Blazer here.
[Reply]
Steve 02:23 PM 10-09-2012
Other...

[Reply]
Robulous78 04:32 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by ucla695:
ST Dupont and Blazer here.
ST Duponts look like lighters for high society, got a picture of yours?
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:33 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Other...

Well Done Steve :-) bet wind isnt a problem for you till it comes head on and sweeps the flame over you face... LoL
[Reply]
shopkins82 01:26 PM 11-14-2012
I voted Black Ops because I use a Kilo that I keep in my desk at work. I like a triple-flame in general and it has a nice larger-gauge punch on it... most lighters with built-in punches, especially cheaper ones, have a smaller gauge than what I prefer.

I also have plenty of Ronson Jet Lites floating around. I buy one or two whenever they're in stock at Wal-Mart... my favorite is the dark chrome with the art-deco pattern on the side. I stash them random places (golf bag, glove compartment, briefcase, etc) and PIF plenty of them as well.

I've been jonesing for a Xikar Element for awhile (also has a larger-gauge punch built in), but I'll never drop more than $20 for any lighter. As a substitute I'll probably pick up one of these from DX for $5ish, and also try a few of the different Blazed clones everyone else here has been pleased with...

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up