Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 8
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Creating my Smoking Lounge!
icantbejon 10:40 AM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Looks good Jon, I didn't even see any of those pictures at the fest. Perdomo is much better than the Gurkha signs that where floating around. Looks like this is going to be a great space. Keep posting pics, I am enjoying watching the transformation.
I got the last of these from the Perdomo booth. You had to buy two of their samplers to get it. Then got Nick to sign it, which was pretty cool.
[Reply]
cobra03 11:41 AM 05-22-2012
Looks awesome Jon. Im coming down to Richmond the second week of July if your around i'd love to stop over and see it in person.
[Reply]
Hem 01:38 PM 05-22-2012
That lounge is going to be awesome! Was the wood hard to put down? We are seriously considering doing it ourselves in our home but I don't have any experience with it. We were shooting for some laminate or composite..the real stuff is EXPENSIVE! lol
[Reply]
jluck 02:38 PM 05-22-2012
sweet!
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:47 AM 05-23-2012
That's awesome Jon, gives all of us some inspiration to do the same thing in the near future...:-):-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:21 AM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Looks awesome Jon. Im coming down to Richmond the second week of July if your around i'd love to stop over and see it in person.
Scott, as far as I'm tracking right now we'll be around in early July. Let me know when you're in town and we can set something up for a visit.

Originally Posted by Hem:
That lounge is going to be awesome! Was the wood hard to put down? We are seriously considering doing it ourselves in our home but I don't have any experience with it. We were shooting for some laminate or composite..the real stuff is EXPENSIVE! lol
I went with the laminate as well, and it wasn't hard to put down in my opinion. It was my first experience laying it and it went smoothly. My only real suggestion is making sure you have a sliding miter saw because a regular miter isn't big enough to cut through the pieces. Other than that, it is really just cutting it to fit and using the spacers. I think we're going to end up using this in more of the house now that I know how. Real wood is super expensive, I agree. My dogs have totally ruined the real wood we have in the house so I'll never use it again.
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:12 AM 05-23-2012
:-):-) ....lookin' good Jon!
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:14 AM 06-06-2012
Staying to box in my fan. The damn right side pulled in on me while hanging and is not level. Driving me absolutely crazy! I will fix with shims doing drywall, but still annoying.

I lined it with window screen to prevent bugs from getting in as well.

Also put in a dimmer switch for the fan, which reduced the nose considerably.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:30 AM 06-06-2012
Looks like you are making progress. Looking good!!!!
[Reply]
Big Bert 12:00 PM 06-06-2012
Can't wait to see this finished its gonna be legen.... Wait for it..... dary .... Legendary...
[Reply]
Ciro 12:32 PM 06-06-2012
Room looks great! Might have to cut my garage in half and create a smoking lounge.
[Reply]
czerbe 12:54 PM 06-06-2012
Very nice buddy
[Reply]
icantbejon 06:17 PM 06-06-2012
Got my drywall up now....still have to fix the edging but ran out of time today. Pesky kids coming home.....they always detract from construction time.

[Reply]
roro16 08:54 AM 06-07-2012
Looks great man...I'm just up the road from you in Varina..you might have to invite me over sometime!!!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:16 AM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Got my drywall up now....still have to fix the edging but ran out of time today. Pesky kids coming home.....they always detract from construction time.

Nice, really clean job!
[Reply]
icantbejon 01:55 PM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by roro16:
Looks great man...I'm just up the road from you in Varina..you might have to invite me over sometime!!!
Anyone is welcome any time dude! Just ask any of the jackasses around here and they'll have my address.

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Nice, really clean job!
Thanks man.....I'm with with how it looks.
[Reply]
icantbejon 01:38 PM 06-12-2012
Getting some more stuff done.....nothing big though.

Got the light switch covered up finally. I'm gonna put another electric socket in before pulling out the paint again.

Got some pictures up:

[Reply]
Ogre 01:40 PM 06-12-2012
Love that art work!!!!!
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 01:47 PM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
I got the last of these from the Perdomo booth. You had to buy two of their samplers to get it. Then got Nick to sign it, which was pretty cool.
your man cave looks kool:-) wow! kool..signed by nick perdomo? nice!!
more pics of man cave please? im jealous...my husband doesn't want me smoking in the house..but i got a patio i chill out and smoke:-)
[Reply]
Hem 02:27 PM 06-12-2012
Looks like it's coming along nicely! Jealous for sure! :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up