Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Creating my Smoking Lounge!
icantbejon 06:54 AM 04-11-2012
Bought the flooring yesterday....gotta let it sit for a few days to "condition" to the room it will be in and then get it installed.

Also kept doing my homework on the ventilation system and realized I was in serious need of a fresh air intake. So at least one more hole to cut in the siding.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:58 AM 05-01-2012
Progress continues...I got the exhaust vent cut into the wall and installed.

Started cutting the hole out...that proved to be a real pain in the ass!

My first breakthrough to the outside...can't lie, I was nervous as hell cutting this out. Didn't want to ruin my siding.

Cut the entire body of the fan out.

And up she went.

Had some wiring issues, mostly because I'm not an electrician...but it's up now and working very well. I am going to box that area up and insulate it some so I don't hear it as much. Gonna pretty up the outside as well. I'll keep posting progress!
[Reply]
levrac68 09:27 AM 05-01-2012
Looks great so far. :-) Hoping to find myself in the same project next year with part of my basement.
[Reply]
abanytime 10:20 AM 05-01-2012
Looking great!
[Reply]
OLS 05:51 PM 05-01-2012
DO BE advised, starlings will find their way in there in a WEEK. So go ahead and cover that with a screen while you are
doing that whole thing and before you go inside for the real fun......ehh, I guess the screen is on the inside, so they
won't have much fun once they nose that flapper open.
[Reply]
icantbejon 03:22 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
DO BE advised, starlings will find their way in there in a WEEK. So go ahead and cover that with a screen while you are
doing that whole thing and before you go inside for the real fun......ehh, I guess the screen is on the inside, so they
won't have much fun once they nose that flapper open.
I plan on boxing it in and covering with a grate so it looks nicer. Just haven't gotten there yet.
[Reply]
stevesmoke 04:43 PM 05-02-2012
This is my dream! Keep up the good work
[Reply]
trendo 10:41 PM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
I plan on boxing it in and covering with a grate so it looks nicer. Just haven't gotten there yet.
How loud is it? Would you be able to watch tv with the volume at a normal level?
[Reply]
icantbejon 05:42 PM 05-06-2012
Originally Posted by trendo:
How loud is it? Would you be able to watch tv with the volume at a normal level?
It's a little too loud to watch tv at a normal level, IMO, just barely though. I listen to music without problem. I think as soon as I frame it in, it will no longer be an issue.
[Reply]
proguy747 07:25 PM 05-06-2012
http://www.canfilters.com/images/MAX14.JPG

This is what I have with a return air grill in the ceiling. It is ducted inside the attic and shoots out the side of the house. Super quiet and 1700 cfm
[Reply]
abanytime 10:02 AM 05-17-2012
icantbejon, any recent updates?
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:47 AM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by abanytime:
icantbejon, any recent updates?
Actually yes...finally! Got a lot of work done this weekend while the wife was out of town. Funny coincedence.

Started putting the floor down on Fri

Things went pretty fast honestly, specially due to several interuptions.

Cutting out around the stair was about the hardest part, and it wasn't challenging.

Cut around the water heater, which I'm going to hide away.

That finished the flooring for now. I'll be heading out to get the corner round soon.
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:50 AM 05-21-2012
Then I started putting up a few decorations....just little stuff.

Cut out the bottom of an old humidor and put it up on the wall to cover the verizon fios box in the garage.

Got this picture at CI Fest this year, it had to go up.

Finally, I got my AC/Heater unit up and running. It's going to move in the long run, but for now it functions.
[Reply]
chaase321 11:29 AM 05-21-2012
Looking really good Jon! Congrats on how it is coming along and how easy it was to put the floor down :-)
[Reply]
Big Bert 11:44 AM 05-21-2012
This is awesome, one day I too will have this and then I'll get kicked out of my house lol. Good going man it looks top notch
[Reply]
icantbejon 11:57 AM 05-21-2012
Thanks fellas.
[Reply]
czerbe 12:16 PM 05-21-2012
Great job buddy the pictures rock :-):-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:19 PM 05-21-2012
Looks good Jon, I didn't even see any of those pictures at the fest. Perdomo is much better than the Gurkha signs that where floating around. Looks like this is going to be a great space. Keep posting pics, I am enjoying watching the transformation.
[Reply]
abanytime 12:20 PM 05-21-2012
It's looking great!
[Reply]
OLS 02:41 PM 05-21-2012
Everything about rolling cigars on your thighs is great till you pull out the chaveta.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up