Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Got a sneak peek at my new Humi last night!
CoffeeWaterBeer 09:04 AM 11-28-2012
My GF got me a beautiful 150 ct humi for xmas and knew it would need to be seasoned before holding anything. I got to peek last night and toss some humidification in to sit for a month.
I'm very excited to move up from the always-overflowing 50 count desktop, but I couldn't help but think that I'll need a coolidoor very soon. With the order list I'm building now, this new job should be sufficient for about...oh I dunno, a week?

Moral of the story: Listen to the CA forum and Aalways go bigger. :-)
[Reply]
iaMkcK 09:11 AM 11-28-2012
Oh for sure. My first set-up was a Ziplock bag with Boveda packs. Then, I seasoned a 25ct Brickhouse box and put some loose sticks in there. My first actual purchase? A humidor that is being built by Waxing Moon, estimated in the 1000 count range. Always go bigger.

At my pace, ZaneG estimates I'll fill it up in 6 months. At my pace, I estimate I'll be homeless.
[Reply]
Ogre 10:20 AM 11-28-2012
PICS!!!! Where are the pics?????
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 11:05 AM 11-28-2012
I should have snapped a few pics...damn, It's staying empty anyway until I "officially" know about it :-)

Expect an update Dec 25th 7am EST

Jarrett, that's quite a jump but at least you'll be covered for a little bit. Hell, you could put some casters on that sucker and turn it into an R.V. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:19 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
Moral of the story: Listen to the CA forum and Aalways go bigger. :-)
150ct? you haven't learned a thing! :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:30 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by stearns:
150ct? you haven't learned a thing! :-)
My thought exactly lol.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 12:05 AM 11-29-2012
150 count that is very cute... J/K

Congrats... :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 08:02 AM 11-29-2012
It's a gift, and I'm not ungrateful, I just need to plan for the next step before this one even get's it's first stick. First world problems right? haha
[Reply]
stearns 08:04 AM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
It's a gift, and I'm not ungrateful, I just need to plan for the next step before this one even get's it's first stick. First world problems right? haha
indeed, things could be worst. at least you have your 50ct as well :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 08:32 AM 11-29-2012
My wife bought me a 600 count Belmont. Won't let me near it. She thinks I can move all my cigars into it immediately. I can't. Have to season it and I told her. Didn't even get me a peek at it. I only know what she got because she left an empty box laying around.
[Reply]
never_enough 08:50 AM 11-29-2012
Hmmm, I need a new desktop humidor. This little 20 isn't cutting it. Cooler is only for boxes and I don't buy many of those:-) Gave away a couple of cigar jars and another desktop. Maybe I should ask for one for Christmas.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:15 AM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Didn't even get me a peek at it. I only know what she got because she left an empty box laying around.
Lol, that's funny
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 10:32 AM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
My wife bought me a 600 count Belmont. Won't let me near it. She thinks I can move all my cigars into it immediately. I can't. Have to season it and I told her. Didn't even get me a peek at it. I only know what she got because she left an empty box laying around.
Wow! knowing it's there is torture isn't i?. I feel like a kid again. :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 02:50 PM 12-03-2012
I have a question and instead of posting a new thread, thought I might ask here. I'm looking at ordering more heartfelt beads so I minimize the time before this new box is up and running so to speak.

What would you guys do for a 1400 cubic inch humi?

2x Large tubes (covering 1080 cu/ inches apiece)

2x X-Large (2000 apiece)

or one Large, one X-Large

I don't want to lose too much space, but don't want to under humidify or have to babysit the tubes as often.
[Reply]
Up