Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Check out this beauty I saw on craigslist!!
CoffeeWaterBeer 08:27 AM 11-16-2012
http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/fuo/3301988962.html

I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat if I had the extra cash sitting around. I'm thinking it would be bad form to grab this and skimp on xmas gifts for everyone though...

If anyone here grabs it, lemme know, I'd love to see this thing in person.
[Reply]
xFreebirdx 08:31 AM 11-16-2012
That is sharp......:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 08:33 AM 11-16-2012
Never seen one like that.....that's pretty sweet :-)
[Reply]
PearlS4 08:51 AM 11-16-2012
Cool looking Humi
[Reply]
iaMkcK 09:50 AM 11-16-2012
If it wasn't for the additions he added himself and the humidification system, it wouldn't be worth nearly that price tag in my opinion. It's unique, and has some pretty cool features. Just, some things irritate me about it [The Christmas lights he put in there, mentioning what the original owner paid, the $500 Spanish cedar claim, the 1500+ cigar claim.. I don't know exactly how you'd fit 1500 in there due to the spire in the middle..]

For that price, I'd have one built without glass everywhere. Unique as hell though, and hopefully it finds a good home. Might be a nice humi for a home-smoke lounge, definitely a center-piece to talk about. :-D

EDIT :: I may have sounded a bit negative, and I'd just like to say again that it is all my opinion and not based on any facts -- just how I see it. No harm, no foul, just my thoughts. :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 09:56 AM 11-16-2012
I have to agree about the lights Jarrett, I would have chosen something different. The light strips do make sense as far as low heat output, but I'm not sure they would give off enough brightness to display the treasures inside properly.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 10:49 AM 11-16-2012
He tried selling it on a forum for a long time with no luck... it is unique, but I would stay away from buying a round humidor. Boxes are square, try fitting those tightly in a round humi....
[Reply]
BigJPinDC 03:13 PM 11-17-2012
Have to give points for trying something new, but 1500 is a wineador on each platter.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 07:56 PM 11-17-2012
It's certainly unique and creative! I think the utility would depend very much on your circumstances. In a room dedicated to cigar smoking, it would be cool. But, in a common area like a living room, it would end up looking like a pile of different cigar boxes. Might not go over well with the management...
[Reply]
BigJPinDC 06:09 AM 11-18-2012
until somebody makes cigar boxes shaped like pacman
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 06:48 PM 11-19-2012
Originally Posted by BigJPinDC:
until somebody makes cigar boxes shaped like pacman
Here's what we need: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...0de%20Obelisco
[Reply]
skidsareforkids 07:55 PM 11-19-2012
It is obviously not 100% Spanish Cedar as he claims. In the 5th and 6th picture you can very clearly see that at least the divider between the humidor and mechanics is plywood. More importantly you can see evidence of previous water damage. It's unique, it may or may not be worth $650, but it's not 100% Spanish Cedar. Most humidors aren't to be completely fair.
[Reply]
Up