Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New Product - Humidifier Pack Holder
WaxingMoon 06:58 PM 11-06-2012
We are currently working on about 4 or 5 stock versions of a laser cut design that will look really cool on a humidifier pack holder, such as Boveda.

My laser guy is working out the patterns - and we will soon have these available for $35.00 shipped (48 states, international available). A custom version would increase the price due to the vectoring of the *.jpg or *.bmp file that would typically be sent..... but, basically, you could have anything you want cut through the spanish cedar panel to afford proper humidification.....

More examples to follow and any ideas for the stock versions would be appreciated.... We're going to go green with this shortly.

Right now, all I have to show is a CAD drawing as well as a panel and a tray that were made a while back that really has nothing to do with this, except to show the general intent.....

Any Feedback would be appreciated and any pre-orders - welcome.

The example is a spider web design that was laser cut...

This is an example of a "gun" that was laser cut.... could do knives, musical notes, skulls, tobacco leaves.... anything, really.

[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:11 PM 11-06-2012
Looks awesome.
[Reply]
Nelenea 10:38 PM 11-06-2012
Does the laser cutting of the wood affect it in any sort of negative way? As in burning the edges, charring, or odors?

Looks fantastic, I was just curious
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 03:19 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Nelenea:
Does the laser cutting of the wood affect it in any sort of negative way? As in burning the edges, charring, or odors?

Looks fantastic, I was just curious
No, there would be no negative impact from the laser.......

This should be a cool product... I'm eagerly awaiting the first cut.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:24 AM 11-07-2012
Looks Great, Ed!:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:06 AM 11-07-2012
Great idea
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 10:19 AM 11-07-2012
Too cool.
[Reply]
PearlS4 10:26 AM 11-07-2012
Looks pretty good, I like the custom cut-outs
[Reply]
shibby4781 10:58 AM 11-07-2012
Awesome! I've been looking for a way to hide those ugly Boveda packs.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:33 PM 11-07-2012
My buddy Jerry in Georgia is working out some "stock" panels.... and any customs... will be taken in as well...

But, in the mean time... me, trudging away up in MN... got impatient and did my best with the tablesaw.... a bit primitive.... but, not bad. Can't wait to see the laser ones!!!

[Reply]
stearns 04:17 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by WaxingMoon:
this one is too cool. especially love the little pistol handles to lift the tray, that kind of detail work is few and far between :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:41 PM 11-07-2012
I got to play with a Laser Saw when I was in college. Very nifty tool to use if you have one. Should allow you to make some REALLY cool stuff. Can't wait to see a lot of it!
[Reply]
jluck 11:41 AM 11-08-2012
[/quote]
This is an example of a "gun" that was laser cut.... could do knives, musical notes, skulls, tobacco leaves.... anything, really.

Image[/quote]

Let's see some AR-15 or AK47 ones!
[Reply]
Zane 11:52 AM 11-08-2012
I can foresee this as a requested option.

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 06:59 PM 11-08-2012
Here's a test cut on the first one that was ordered.... actually, inspired this whole gig....

[Reply]
never_enough 04:06 PM 11-18-2012
I'm liking this stuff. Need to get my mind going.
[Reply]
Up