Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Post pics of your tupperdors
Sonic04GT 11:29 PM 10-09-2012
Well, I think I've decided to convert over to tupperdors. I have two cheap 50ct humis that don't seem to want to hold humidity. Well, let me rephrase that...with heartfelt beads they seem to hold around 65% but the beads turn white in less than a week. There's also only one room in the house cool enough to keep them and that's the guest room. Since it's unoccupied 99% of the time, we get spiders occasionally.

I think I'd feel better having my cigars in a container that's 100% sealed and I know the humidity will be contained. I figure I'll throw some cedar sheets from a cigar box in there as well to help regulate humidity a bit.

Do I even need to put the Heartfelt beads in or will it maintain the current humidity of the cigars? I will be opening it maybe once or twice a week as I am smoking them, not just storing.

Let's see what you guys are using! Did a search and didn't really turn anything up.

Current situation. Nothing too excting.

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:11 AM 10-10-2012
I believe you already started this topic:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ght=tupperware
[Reply]
pnoon 05:26 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
Did a search and didn't really turn anything up.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:53 AM 10-10-2012

Let's see what you guys are using! Did a search and didn't really turn anything up.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 11:01 AM 10-10-2012

I forgot I tossed the word tupperware on the end of that. :-) I was mainly concerned about coolidors, and that thread failed anyway. Was linked to another previous one that had like 5 pictures in it, all way beyond my level of storage haha Still haven't seen any tupperdors in either :-) That other thread can be closed as I don't really see it going anywhere. I think tupperware is probably more feasible for me than a small cooler.

Ironically enough, it didn't come up in my search :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:06 AM 10-10-2012
I forgot I tossed the word tupperware on the end of that. :-) I was mainly concerned about coolidors, and that thread failed anyway. Was linked to another previous one that had like 5 pictures in it. Still haven't seen any tupperdors in either :-) That other thread can be closed.

Ironically enough, it didn't come up in my search :-)
Did you search "tupperware", as that was your title?
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 11:18 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you search "tupperware", as that was your title?
Nah I was half asleep at 2am and searched tupperdor but once I realized it I was going to leave that detail out :-)
[Reply]
JohnRogers 04:47 AM 11-17-2012
My deployment "humidor". I've been enjoying cigars for probably close to five years now but I'm not beyond taking advice. My hygrometer is calibrating. The top has three small holes I made when I was using a wet sponge. There is probably a joke at my expense there. So will this keep humidity in or will the top mean I need to get another one? :-)
Attached: bright.jpg (109.1 KB) bands.jpg (102.1 KB) 024.jpg (128.2 KB) 
[Reply]
iaMkcK 07:43 AM 11-17-2012
I'm quite sure you'll want to replace that top. You are consistantly exposing it to air, so the humidity will never really hold because it has that leak. You will dry out humidifying devices quicker in that fashion, and the "perfect seal" you want in a tupperdor is effectively severed.. Best to just replace it. Nice RPs and Cains. :-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:45 PM 11-18-2012
I'd at least block the holes off - duct tape comes to mind. I can't really be sure from the pictures - are you sure the container is meant to be airtight?
[Reply]
never_enough 03:40 PM 11-18-2012
Did someone say tupperware??

:-):-)

But seriously, I got some containers to put stuff in before I break down and buy a cooler. Not posting pics though, I know how this place works.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:45 PM 11-18-2012
[Reply]
JohnRogers 08:00 PM 11-18-2012
I bought a new one. My tupperdor has no holes now. It has plenty of quality sticks!
[Reply]
Robulous78 10:32 PM 11-18-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
My neighbor is running this same tupperwear with his overflow sticks... good seal... but his doesn't have all the cool stickers... :-)
[Reply]
JohnRogers 11:01 PM 11-18-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
good seal... but his doesn't have all the cool stickers... :-)
Me too I worry my sticks won't taste as good without the stickers. I guess I'll know in a week.
[Reply]
Robulous78 11:02 PM 11-18-2012
Originally Posted by JohnRogers:
Me too I worry my sticks won't taste as good without the stickers. I guess I'll know in a week.
LoL yea... well what can I say... I like stickers...
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 03:42 AM 11-29-2012
I plaaced one in my thread of Tuppidor Question.
[Reply]
Up