Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Boom's Cigar Draw Tool
bigloo 08:15 PM 06-25-2009
A few might remember Boom (Troy) holding a contest for one of his draw tools, well, I was the lucky winner:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17311

The draw tool arrived today. It is very attractive and well made. I am no wood expert but I love the high gloss finish and the way the grain lines up perfectly with the needle. Anyway, a tool is only as good as its functionality so I reached into a humidor for a cigar with a high probability of being plugged.

The cigar draw tool is picture below next to an opus #4. I snipped the opus and took a draw. It was not plugged:-) However, on a sliding scale of 0-10 with 0 being completely plugged, 10 being sucking air and 5 being perfect draw, I would say it was a 3. I inserted the draw tool into the clipped foot (see picture 2). It slid very easily into thee cigar. I was worried about piercing the sidewall but it went in straight and easy. I did this twice. I only should have done it once. The cigar went from a 3 to probably a 7 and had a loose draw now! Basically, the tool works and it works well.

Thanks very much Boom. This little thing works like a charm and it looks great! I highly recommend one of Boom's draw tools to any BOTLs.

Lu
Attached: img1.jpg (110.7 KB) img2.jpg (110.7 KB) 
[Reply]
shvictor 08:16 PM 06-25-2009
Very cool
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:39 PM 06-25-2009
Awesome review...I have been meaning to get one of these.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 08:40 PM 06-25-2009
That looks great!! I bought two draw tools that Boom (Troy) custom made for me. He is a true craftsman and a stand-up fella!! :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 08:44 PM 06-25-2009
That's a great lookin' tool. Wait, maybe I should reword that. :-)

Seriously, nice job on that one boom! And congrats bigloo. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:57 PM 06-25-2009
Troy bombed me with one a few months ago and I agree, it works great! Thanks again, brudda!
[Reply]
boom 07:39 AM 06-26-2009
That's funny I smoked an Opus x #4 and had the same issue on Sunday. Glad you got use of the Draw Tool and Thanks everyone!!!!
[Reply]
hotreds 08:41 AM 06-26-2009
Very nice and almost a required tool for the serious smoker!
[Reply]
boom 07:32 PM 06-29-2009
So far the best results I have had are to start with only inserting it in a few inches at first. Most sticks seem to plug in the cap area. This way you don't over do it. So time you can get too loose of a draw as well. If this doesn't clear it up to you liking take it an inch at a time. If you go all the way through it will be like sucking on a straw.....
[Reply]
bigloo 09:09 PM 06-29-2009
OK, so finally I got a fully plugged stick. Ashton Puro Sol robusto. Swimmers lungs could not draw this thing. Anyway, one poke with the draw tool, about 2.5 inches in in the center and another 1 inch poke off center and the draw is perfect! Love this thing.
[Reply]
Birchfield 08:53 AM 11-26-2012
Hello - Greetings from Ireland. I apologize if this is an improper question for this forum, but this is my first post and I'm not sure yet of the parameters. I wonder if you ship your draw tools overseas? I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs, as I just can't get anything suitable over here and your product sounds perfect. Thanks in advance (and nice to be here). Jim
[Reply]
Birchfield 08:56 AM 11-26-2012
Hello again - In case it wasn't obvious, my post was meant for "Boom"!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 AM 11-26-2012
Originally Posted by Birchfield:
Hello - Greetings from Ireland. I apologize if this is an improper question for this forum, but this is my first post and I'm not sure yet of the parameters. I wonder if you ship your draw tools overseas? I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs, as I just can't get anything suitable over here and your product sounds perfect. Thanks in advance (and nice to be here). Jim
Jim....sending Boom a private message might be more effective, not sure if he will check this thread or not. :-)

Just click on his user name in this thread to bring up a link to send it.

Welcome to the Asylum.
[Reply]
Up