Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What is it About Davidoff?
JKim 04:01 PM 10-17-2008
Paul, you crack me up. :]

Should I take the bands off or leave them on when I bleach them?
[Reply]
CigarDoc 04:02 PM 10-17-2008
I love Davi's for their complexity. It's a no fail situation with a Davi. I've never had one that didn't burn purfect, was veiny, or had a bad flavor. If I want something stronger, I'll go for a Fuente or Edge, but when I just want a great smoke, I grab Davidoffs.
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 04:38 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by JKim:
I guess my only complaint is that you don't always get them with that clean white band that makes them look elegant.

those are the BEST ones brother!

never had a bad davidoff. perfect construction, perfect burn, perfect draw, perfect ash, perfect smoke, perfect nutty,creamy,mellow taste, perfect wrappers.

the cuban ones are ok as well.:-)
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 06:16 PM 10-17-2008
Over priced macanudo, and their B&M sucks.
[Reply]
JKim 06:52 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Jay Hemingway:
those are the BEST ones brother!
man and here I was just thinking they were dirty or some kind of seconds! :-)
[Reply]
darb85 06:59 PM 10-17-2008
Ive got one with almost 4 years on it, I should try it see if its truely up to stuff or not!
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:56 PM 10-17-2008
Perfect construction, perfect burn, perfect draw, and typically pretty durn tasty. I haven't enjoyed every Davidoff product that I've smoked as much as the one's that are really on, but I've never had one that was bad.

Worth the price point? That's a good question.
:-):-):-)

Oh and cuz I'm a snob. :-)
[Reply]
groogs 10:57 PM 10-17-2008
I have never had one, so I have no idea what is so good about them. At the local prices I probably never will.:-)
[Reply]
Harpo 03:29 AM 10-18-2008
Nutty. Yeah. Nutty. :-)
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 07:38 AM 10-18-2008
I have never had a memorable Davidoff. The only thing I do remember is to never buy one for that price again.
Anyone had their Zino before? I had a B&M owner agree with me on the Davidoff's flavor/price area but tried to convince me to try Davidoff's Zino. Said they were worth it... any opinions?

-Evan
[Reply]
RHNewfie 07:47 AM 10-18-2008
Interesting discussion folks. As you would expect, everyones palate is different! Keep the info coming!
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:52 AM 10-18-2008
They really are a beautiful stick, regardless of vitola. The flavors may not knock you off your chair, but they are delicious. Great smokes, in general.

Too expensive to enjoy every day (at least for me), but they are a nice treat for special occasions. I keep a few Tubos in the humi for random great day.
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:17 AM 10-18-2008
I guess my only complaint is that you don't always get them with that clean white band that makes them look elegant.

:-):-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Linus 08:21 AM 10-18-2008
Davidoff Winston Churchill series were the first cigars I purchased and were really good. I have to say consistency and good construction along with good taste. That said, I'm truly curious to see what will happen with the purchase of Camacho cigars.
[Reply]
JKim 09:12 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:
I have never had a memorable Davidoff. The only thing I do remember is to never buy one for that price again.
Anyone had their Zino before? I had a B&M owner agree with me on the Davidoff's flavor/price area but tried to convince me to try Davidoff's Zino. Said they were worth it... any opinions?

-Evan
I'm not a fan of the current Zino lineup, although I can remember smoking a few from time to time when I was a 19 year old punk.
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 12:11 PM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:

-Evan
now the zinos.......those are another story. they are GROSS!!!! lol

the only ones that i thought were good are the zino platinums.
but the regular zinos are horrible!!

:-)
[Reply]
groogs 10:52 PM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by Jay Hemingway:
now the zinos.......those are another story. they are GROSS!!!! lol

the only ones that i thought were good are the zino platinums.
but the regular zinos are horrible!!

:-)
I have had the regular Zino, and the Platinums and I thought they were both Horrid.:-) Thank god I didn't pay for them.
[Reply]
Padron42 10:57 PM 10-18-2008
I've only had a few Davidoffs, but they are very good smokes. Incredibly consistent, good draw, and nice taste (a little mild for my tastes but good). If they were 5 dollar smokes I'd have several boxes, but at their price I probably won't buy another, since there are other alternatives at that price I like a lot more.
[Reply]
papajohn67 11:06 PM 10-18-2008
This whole conversation has me :-)....think I will go out and smoke one of those overpriced wonders. A Millennium Short Robusto might just do the trick.
[Reply]
LkyLindy 08:30 AM 10-19-2008
Terrific smoke--Ask Jay Hemmingway :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up