Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 115 of 138
« First < 1565105113114115 116117125 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
SG-1 10:22 PM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I have to agree with Tom, you seem to worry too much about what might happen, I don't see how this can be relaxing and enjoyable to you.
I'm a very particular person. I analyze everything, follow a specific diet and exercise routine. Maybe I'm a little obsessed with my health lol.

But I don't worry about things if there is a low risk, once a month won't hurt. I go hiking in the ozarks pretty often. I plan on going out tomorrow and enjoying the lake and a cigar. Not while hiking, obviously. I'll find a place to sit and chill.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:30 PM 01-20-2014
I follow a specific diet, work out every day, play hockey 4 nights a week.....and smoke 7-10 cigars a week. Doesn't have any effect on my fitness.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:47 AM 01-21-2014
Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff.
Rule #2: It's almost all small stuff.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:52 AM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by SG-1:
I'm a very particular person. I analyze everything, follow a specific diet and exercise routine. Maybe I'm a little obsessed with my health lol.

But I don't worry about things if there is a low risk, once a month won't hurt. I go hiking in the ozarks pretty often. I plan on going out tomorrow and enjoying the lake and a cigar. Not while hiking, obviously. I'll find a place to sit and chill.
In an earlier post you claimed you are clueless. Now you say once a month won't hurt. Sounds to me like you are looking for permission or a blessing to indulge - that you've already rationalized any risk you may perceive.

:-)
[Reply]
SG-1 01:58 PM 01-21-2014
It is partly that and also I figure once a month = 12 times a year, average lifespan is 77, subtract my age 77-18 = 59 cigars give or take.

Over a life time that's negligible. I'd imagine the average person smokes 3-5 a week. That's 156-260 a year, which is more in one year than I'd have in my life.

That is, if I continue to only take one a month. Which this will be #2 for January.
Either way - I'm not worrying about it anymore lol
[Reply]
kydsid 02:03 PM 01-21-2014
We all justify our own actions. There is no need to justify yours to us or for us to justify ours to you, however please don't use bad math if you must try to justify something.

59 x 12 = 708

5 x 52 = 260

Apparently after 12 years as a cigar lover, I have experienced 4.406 times the lifetimes you will in cigars. :-)

Relax and enjoy it for what it is. We are all headed to the same place. Some will arrive good looking, others will skid in sideways looking bad enough to gag the roto rooter man.
[Reply]
SG-1 02:10 PM 01-21-2014
Ah, missed that last bit haha.

Yes we are and life is uncertain anyway so why not enjoy what you can. Well - off to the lake, but first I need to stop by my local tobacco shop =)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:28 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by kydsid:
We all justify our own actions. There is no need to justify yours to us or for us to justify ours to you, however please don't use bad math if you must try to justify something.

59 x 12 = 708

5 x 52 = 260

Apparently after 12 years as a cigar lover, I have experienced 4.406 times the lifetimes you will in cigars. :-)

Relax and enjoy it for what it is. We are all headed to the same place. Some will arrive good looking, others will skid in sideways looking bad enough to gag the roto rooter man.

Infinity Enjoyment + Infinity Enjoyment
[Reply]
pnoon 02:52 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by SG-1:
It is partly that and also I figure once a month = 12 times a year, average lifespan is 77, subtract my age 77-18 = 59 cigars give or take.

Over a life time that's negligible. I'd imagine the average person smokes 3-5 a week. That's 156-260 a year, which is more in one year than I'd have in my life.

That is, if I continue to only take one a month. Which this will be #2 for January.
Either way - I'm not worrying about it anymore lol
Enjoy the lake. When you return, you should post an intro and tell us a bit about yourself - age, location, occupation, interests outside of cigars, etc. Give folks a chance to get to know you.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:02 PM 01-21-2014
By your math, I was dead 3 years ago. Oh well, carry on My Friends. :-)
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 03:08 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
By your math, I was dead 3 years ago. Oh well, carry on My Friends. :-)
So that explains the smell? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:20 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by CamoFlogged:
So that explains the smell? :-)
Petunias? No, that's just my regular essense, sweet and lovely.
[Reply]
SHHO89 06:17 PM 01-23-2014
When I buy a cigar in a plastic wrapper should I take it out of the plastic wrapper they come in before I put them in my humidor or does that make a difference?
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 06:22 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by SHHO89:
When I buy a cigar in a plastic wrapper should I take it out of the plastic wrapper they come in before I put them in my humidor or does that make a difference?
Doesn't make a difference, it is your personal preference. It is actually not plastic but cellophane, which allows the cigar to "breath" or pass air. Some folks say your cigar will age faster when the cello is taken off. I keep it on just to protect the stick from damage when rummaging around my singles humi's. Some folks take them off right away. Totally up to you. Have fun.

Oh, and introduce yourself in the New Inmate intro area.
[Reply]
Bankster 06:43 PM 01-26-2014
Hello. My name is Josh. I am originally from Kansas City and I moved down here to the Dominican Republic about 6 months ago. My wife and I are moving back to the States in March and I wanted to get some advice from a few of you about some good cigars to bring back with me. Between the 2 of us we are able to bring back 200 non-Cuban cigars. We could invest some money in some nice cigars to bring home for resale. Is it tough to re-sale cigars..... or I suppose the better question would be, are there any brands of cigars that are more difficult to get back in the states. I have been on many tours of most of the major cigar companies since I have been here and I have made some good connections and I do not want to return empty handed and miss a good chance to bring some great cigars home for a lot less than I could buy them once I get home. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:24 PM 01-26-2014
Josh, I'd suggest you bring back 200 cigars that you really like and can get for better prices than in the States or online.

Reselling cigars isn't tough if you have built a reputation where people trust you, or if you are willing to send the cigars prior to payment. Of course, having something "hard to find", or having better prices than can be had in the States is a factor, but trust (i.e., reputation) is probably the most important factor.

Be advised, one also has to meet reasonable time and participation elements before they can offer anything for sale on this website. There also isn't a lot of love here for people who join this site to sell cigars at a profit (excluding retailers)....just isn't the way things are done in this community.

Good luck with the move, hope you decide to stick around to get to know the good people of the Asylum.
[Reply]
Gabe215 06:42 AM 02-06-2014
Hey all, just wondering, freezing rain storm knocked my power out tues night, greater Philadelphia are has over 500,000 houses out, and I heard it could be as late as Sat or Sun before power is restored. I have not been at my house since yesterday morning and staying at my Fiancé's parents house. I could only assume my house is about 45-55 degrees and my humidors around 50-55 percent, I'm going to stop by and check on the house today but will my sticks be alright for a few days if they get immediate tlc when power is restored?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:58 AM 02-06-2014
Gabe...cigars are more resilient than people give them credit for. They should be fine for a few days.
[Reply]
stearns 07:24 AM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Gabe...cigars are more resilient than people give them credit for. They should be fine for a few days.
I agree with Mac's wise words. you probably have other things in the house to worry about before the cigars :-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:54 AM 02-06-2014
Thanks for the peace of mind, yea hopefully it's cold enough inside to keep most of my food safe!
[Reply]
Page 115 of 138
« First < 1565105113114115 116117125 > Last »
Up