Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>cigar shop lounge etiquette?
pmwz 06:48 AM 12-23-2009
the lounge at my local b+m is at ground level + downstairs. The humidor is upstairs. The staff downstairs doesnt know what i buy upstairs. If the b+m doesnt carry the cigar that you are smoking take the band off
[Reply]
Whynot 08:43 AM 12-23-2009
Originally Posted by pmwz:
the lounge at my local b+m is at ground level + downstairs. The humidor is upstairs. The staff downstairs doesnt know what i buy upstairs. If the b+m doesnt carry the cigar that you are smoking take the band off
Where at in Koln? The only place I have found there(although I admit I have not spent much time there) is the Davidoff place close to the Dom.
[Reply]
cabinets 05:34 PM 12-26-2009
No matter the policy, I think it's only common courtesy NOT to bring in outside purchases. My local B&M has a policy and I abide by it happily.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:59 PM 12-26-2009
Originally Posted by cabinets:
No matter the policy, I think it's only common courtesy NOT to bring in outside purchases. My local B&M has a policy and I abide by it happily.
Opinions vary. I can bring in what I want to smoke, 6 of my friends, and the owner will make $150 in sales. I have friends who work in and own in B&Ms, who have a policy allowing outside cigars, and that's all the encouragement I need.

Or I can just not go to a B&M. And the B&M won't make $150.
[Reply]
Drazzil 07:31 PM 12-26-2009
All the places I have been in have a policy of "bring what you want but buy something" Now I dont go around abusing that policy like some people who buy a two dollar stick and then turn around and spend the next five hours burning four $20 dollar sticks.

The last place I went to I actually got chewed out by the store owner for "bringing in outside sticks" when I actually bought those sticks at his shop. Needless to say I no longer frequent that place.

The way I see it is, if I support the place by buying there or smoking what I bought there, the B&M owner has no right to dictate what I smoke there. I don't frequent places where this is not the policy.
[Reply]
TomUfer 09:28 PM 12-26-2009
I generally buy at least one or two sticks each time I visit a B&M even if I have some outside cigars I prefer to smoke.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:23 PM 12-26-2009
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
All the places I have been in have a policy of "bring what you want but buy something" Now I dont go around abusing that policy like some people who buy a two dollar stick and then turn around and spend the next five hours burning four $20 dollar sticks.

The last place I went to I actually got chewed out by the store owner for "bringing in outside sticks" when I actually bought those sticks at his shop. Needless to say I no longer frequent that place.

The way I see it is, if I support the place by buying there or smoking what I bought there, the B&M owner has no right to dictate what I smoke there. I don't frequent places where this is not the policy.
I disagree that he has no right to dictate, it's his place....but I have the right not to go there, which is what I would choose to do. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up