Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Time Magazine's the 50 worst cars ever
Ace$nyper 05:38 PM 11-04-2008
Enjoy :-)

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658545,00.html
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 06:44 PM 11-04-2008
Eh... damn hippies called the explorer one of the 50 worst because it made the suv popular. Stupid list.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:02 PM 11-04-2008
In my opinion, H2 and the Excursion are some great choices, worthless gas guzzlers. The H2 is the most worthless grocery-getter, soccer mom car, atleast thats what most people use them for near me. The Delorean was nothing but a gimic and it sure didn't help that the creator snorted it all up his nose. I went to school with his niece, interesting hearing her tell stories about him from when she was young. But it made for a great time-traveler. Kind of suprised the PT Cruiser didn't show up on the list. :-)
[Reply]
loki 07:03 PM 11-04-2008
http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658528,00.html bullshit. that is a great car
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:05 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
In my opinion, H2 and the Excursion are some great choices, worthless gas guzzlers. The H2 is the most worthless grocery-getter, soccer mom car, atleast thats what most people use them for near me. The Delorean was nothing but a gimic and it sure didn't help that the creator snorted it all up his nose. I went to school with his niece, interesting hearing her tell stories about him from when she was young. But it made for a great time-traveler. Kind of suprised the PT Cruiser didn't show up on the list. :-)
not all the Excursions were gas guzzlers :-)
[Reply]
White97Jimmy 09:47 PM 11-04-2008
I love the Aztek's description. Dead nuts.
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:52 PM 11-04-2008
No offense to anyone who owns (or has owned) one, but the Aztec might have been one of the UGLIEST cars in history.

Also, I hope Taltos doesn't see this thread. He has a Jaguar X-type and LOVES it.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:17 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
No offense to anyone who owns (or has owned) one, but the Aztec might have been one of the UGLIEST cars in history.

Also, I hope Taltos doesn't see this thread. He has a Jaguar X-type and LOVES it.
:-)

Aztec is one of the most ugly vehicles I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 10:34 PM 11-04-2008
So if the 1987 Renault Alliance (my first car) wasn't on the list, does that mean I should brag about having had one?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:24 AM 11-05-2008
That list is bs. How can you rip the model t? :-)
[Reply]
ThePict 12:25 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
[Reply]
M1903A1 12:31 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
The Delorean was nothing but a gimic and it sure didn't help that the creator snorted it all up his nose. I went to school with his niece, interesting hearing her tell stories about him from when she was young.
Too bad...he wrote one HELL of an interesting book on General Motors at its peak (of market and stupidity).
[Reply]
M1903A1 12:35 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:

Amen! What a putz...what did he expect for 1909 technology?

And how can he not say anything about the fabled Tucker...granted it had a lot of advanced features, but I remember reading that Francis Ford Coppola literally had to have the entire suspension re-engineered on one of his examples!
[Reply]
tnip23 12:41 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Eh... damn hippies called the explorer one of the 50 worst because it made the suv popular. Stupid list.

I was surprised at this choice as well, my middle class parents have always owned explorers due to their reliability, roominess, and all wheel drive.
If the vehicle runs well, is popular, and doesn't have any serious safety problems, it has no business being on this list. Leave it to time ragazine to turn a worst cars debate into something political.
[Reply]
Sancho 12:42 PM 11-05-2008
Anyone who trashes on the model T and calls it a yugo is an idiot, those cars were well built and ran like tops. A Truly classic piece of american culture. Actually, there is quite a few vehicles on that list that were highly inovative and revolutionary for their time :-)
[Reply]
taltos 12:44 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:

My X-Type is a 2003. The 2001 cars were problems as they worked the bugs out of a new design. All that I can say about this list is that Time knows as much about cars as they do politics.
[Reply]
Up