Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 55 of 69
« First < 545535455 565765 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
AdamJoshua 08:29 AM 12-13-2015
Loving the Savinelli, has a nice big bowl and smokes so well, wow a really good pipe makes all the difference in the world, well that and letting your tabac dry out just the right amount. :-)

Oh and not using the little balsa wood filter, I put the adapter / little plastic tube in instead.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:36 AM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Picked this up off of fleabay for about 50% of the price of one new out of the box, already figured out I really like the bent billiards and apples.

Savinelli Santa Maria 606KS.

Very nice pipe. They are only two pipes left I want to add to my stable to make it complete. One is a Savinelli. I have my eye on one but will wait until after Christmas.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:07 PM 12-15-2015
Ok so I was cruising around Pipes and Cigars and came across the build it yourself tin sampler, how could I resist, I was looking forward to trying a couple of the flakes and I liked what I've had from the Seattle Pipe Club so I grabbed that and a Twain Bent and Country Gentlemen Bent (after seeing posts about them here). I think that's it I can only use the birthday excuse 10 or 15 times :-)
Attached: IMG_2105.jpg (103.3 KB) 
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:14 PM 12-15-2015
Ok so I was cruising around Pipes and Cigars and came across the build it yourself tin sampler, how could I resist, I was looking forward to trying a couple of the flakes and I liked what I've had from the Seattle Pipe Club so I grabbed that and a Twain Bent and Country Gentlemen Bent (after seeing posts about them here). I think that's it I can only use the birthday excuse 10 or 15 times :-)

...:-) oy vey!!! gey arop di shipue...:-)

Nice pick-ups Adam. Gotta love the Mark Twain:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:29 PM 12-15-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
...:-) oy vey!!! gey arop di shipue...:-)

Nice pick-ups Adam. Gotta love the Mark Twain:-)

It's SO much cheaper than cigars :-) I haven't even spent what I would spend on one half decent box of sticks yet :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 06:51 PM 12-15-2015
It's SO much cheaper than cigars :-) I haven't even spent what I would spend on one half decent box of sticks yet :-)
Wait until you start buying artisan pipes...........
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:58 PM 12-15-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Wait until you start buying artisan pipes...........
:-)... Oh man, don't go opening that gate for him Steve:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:27 PM 12-15-2015
Nah, not an artisan type, that Santa Maria I bought is like perfect for me, love how it feels in hand, the bowl size, the bent stem, just perfect.. I'm easy to please. Just not really looking to spend 100s on a pipe when there are plenty out there that I know I'd like at a good price.. blah blah blah. :-) :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 09:30 PM 12-15-2015
I hope P&C has something left! I'm planning on putting an order in soon.:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:46 PM 12-15-2015
It's funny the Twain Bent is back ordered now, I think I literally got the last one as in my order it says it is now back ordered even though I got mine.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:18 PM 12-24-2015
My first bulk purchase some Lane 1-Q and some Dunhill My Mixture 965. Now I need to go out and get some mason jars. I think I'll wait till Saturday when the stores aren't packed.

[Reply]
nutcracker 01:32 PM 12-24-2015
Those are decent tobaccos Adam.
If you head to Walmart at 6pm tonight it will be dead quiet. (Is in my town.)

I'd suggest Canadian Tire - but that might be a bit of a drive for you!!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:01 PM 12-24-2015
Yah I need to go to a couple places so I figured around dinner time would be the best.

I have been to Canadian Tire and London Drugs, add those to my addiction to Hickory Sticks, though not a fan of HP sauce, I dated a girl in BC and spent quite a bit of time in Vancouver and White Rock :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:29 PM 12-24-2015
Got two estates in today that I got for under $20 each. The one in front is a Stanwell Royal Danish, and the one behind it is a Weber Blackthorne. Both need some reaming and a polish but I am hoping they both turn out nice.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:02 PM 12-24-2015
That's awesome, Pete! I keep looking on fleabay and thinking I should just buy a couple to learn how to restore on, then I end up on the web watching all these different restoring DYI videos. I think first for me is to get a reamer set and all the basic stuff that you need on hand. I need a hobby besides smoking cigars and working .. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:27 PM 12-25-2015
That's awesome, Pete! I keep looking on fleabay and thinking I should just buy a couple to learn how to restore on, then I end up on the web watching all these different restoring DYI videos. I think first for me is to get a reamer set and all the basic stuff that you need on hand. I need a hobby besides smoking cigars and working .. :-)
I really don't know what I'm doing still. It's amazing how much better they look after reaming, salt treatment, and a little magic eraser. I've been hanging out on YouTube looking at restoration videos for techniques. They are quite helpful. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to polish the wood without a buffer of some sort.
[Reply]
Remo 12:52 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to polish the wood without a buffer of some sort.

:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:35 PM 12-25-2015
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:28 PM 12-25-2015
:-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 03:33 PM 12-31-2015
Got a small but good order in. Two Stokkebye blends, the 52 Proper English and the luxury navy flame. AND some pipe sweetener. Looking forward to smoking the flame again and trying the proper English! Now I'm just waiting on my waxes so I can polish up my estates and I also picked up a tin of this years' Christmas Cheer.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 69
« First < 545535455 565765 > Last »
Up