Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>First speeding ticket.
area51 04:20 PM 06-20-2011
61 in a 40. I'm not happy by any means but have no one to blame but myself. Just sucks I suppose. I have a court date but have the option just to pay it and I'm leaning more towards going that route.
[Reply]
hammondc 04:23 PM 06-20-2011
Yep. Georgia is bad too. I know when my wife and I lived in SC we would frequent Savannah often. I alway stuck to exactly the limit in GA.
[Reply]
area51 04:27 PM 06-20-2011
The worst part was I didnt realize it, like I wasn't weaving in and out I was just driving, and then all of the sudden BOOM.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:32 PM 06-20-2011
Just be happy you're not in AZ. That's criminal speed here :-)
[Reply]
area51 04:36 PM 06-20-2011
3 more miles and my license would have been suspended...lovely.
[Reply]
area51 05:02 PM 06-20-2011
Post some good stories for me to read. I need to call the court tomorrow and see what the charges are.
[Reply]
Drez 05:04 PM 06-20-2011
Kenneth im sorry you got a ticket bro. good luck with court brother.
[Reply]
area51 05:15 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
Kenneth im sorry you got a ticket bro. good luck with court brother.

I am to, I'm more pissed that it's my first after 4 years. But again its my fault. Oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later haha.

How do those radars work anyway when your running them, because the cop was driving in the opposite direction when he nabbed me, is it just a continuous radar?
[Reply]
Drez 05:22 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by area51:
I am to, I'm more pissed that it's my first after 4 years. But again its my fault. Oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later haha.

How do those radars work anyway when your running them, because the cop was driving in the opposite direction when he nabbed me, is it just a continuous radar?
yup. the radar in my car is a 2X which means i can clock people in front and behind me at the same time.

also the radar can read you closing speed (coming at you) or away speed.

and like you found out can do it mobile or stationary.

its never a good day when you get a ticket and all the advise i can offer you is to be repectful and honest and see what happens. cops and judges are people too so we do have a soft side.

that is unless you got stopped by robocop. :-)

cheer up buddy. smoke a cigar and lets put the past behind.
[Reply]
area51 05:25 PM 06-20-2011
yup. the radar in my car is a 2X which means i can clock people in front and behind me at the same time.

also the radar can read you closing speed (coming at you) or away speed.

and like you found out can do it mobile or stationary.

its never a good day when you get a ticket and all the advise i can offer you is to be repectful and honest and see what happens. cops and judges are people too so we do have a soft side.

that is unless you got stopped by robocop. :-)

cheer up buddy. smoke a cigar and lets put the past behind.

Haha cheers.:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:26 PM 06-20-2011
Isn't it all lasar anymore?
[Reply]
Drez 05:31 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Isn't it all lasar anymore?
lasers are handheld units. most the motorcycle guys will use them. problem with laser is that you have to aim it and hit a car. good thing is its is very accurate and almost impossible for it to set off a radar detector. with my radar i can read 2 speeds in each direction (4 cars total) without have to aim anything just point my car and the antennas in the direction of the cars.
[Reply]
area51 05:35 PM 06-20-2011
lasers are handheld units. most the motorcycle guys will use them. problem with laser is that you have to aim it and hit a car. good thing is its is very accurate and almost impossible for it to set off a radar detector. with my radar i can read 2 speeds in each direction (4 cars total) without have to aim anything just point my car and the antennas in the direction of the cars.
Thats evil:-):-)
[Reply]
Drez 05:38 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by area51:
Thats evil:-):-)
i know i love it hahahahahah:-):-):-)

j/k
[Reply]
area51 05:41 PM 06-20-2011
i know i love it hahahahahah:-):-):-)

j/k
Post some good excuses you hear, im sure you've heard some gems.
[Reply]
Drez 06:06 PM 06-20-2011
man you hear and see everything. ive had people tell me off the wall sob stories to a guy who told me he was speeding (over 90 in a 70) just "because".
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:32 PM 06-20-2011
Kenneth, for your listening pleasure - two great songs!

Radar Gun

Highway Patrol
[Reply]
DrDubzz 06:48 PM 06-20-2011
can't you do defensive driving or deferred adjudication?
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:30 PM 06-20-2011
A lawyer can cost you a little up front... but can usually get it reduced down where it wont affect your insirance so much. Helps in the long run.

Sorry for the troubles.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:36 PM 06-20-2011
Don't forget Cletus Maggard's "White Knight." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh66kDox4R0

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up