Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>any cigar store recommendations in St Louis and Minneapolis?
maverickdrinker 04:27 PM 04-25-2010
Going to St Louis and Minneapolis in a couple of weeks for business. Would love to get some cigar store recommendations from people.

Thanks for your help with this
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:31 PM 04-25-2010
Stogies on Grand in Mnpls has a nice selection.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:40 PM 04-25-2010
try this, http://www.cigarfriendly.us/
[Reply]
WyGuy 04:42 PM 04-25-2010
Tobacco Grove in Maple Grove has an awesome selection of sticks, only about 15 miles outside of Minneapolis.
[Reply]
captain53 04:51 PM 04-25-2010
Been here one time and it is very nice, also it is popular hangout for several St Louis BOTL's on here:

http://www.hillcigarco.com/
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:58 PM 04-25-2010
While there are a few decent stores/lounges here, our taxes are mind numbing. Where will you be staying? Will you have a car?
I wouldn't plan on buying much in Minnesota, quite frankly, if your dollars are dear to you.
[Reply]
jsnake 06:05 PM 04-25-2010
Go visit The Hill Cigar Co and while you are there please pick up a 262 Paradigm to smoke. Hill Cigar is a great place to visit in St. Louis!
[Reply]
hank_612 06:30 PM 04-25-2010
The Tinder Box in Des Peres has a nice Lounge, all kinds of Booze, and a great selection. We stay open late for sporting events and have holdem tourneys on mon and thurs. If you have any STL(Food,Shopping,ect) questions please PM me.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 08:43 PM 04-25-2010
Hear a lot of good things about Hill Cigar Co. in St.L. My fav haunt is Jons Pipe Shop on Central Ave. in Clayton. JR Cigars also has a nice place just a few doors down the street.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 02:35 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
While there are a few decent stores/lounges here, our taxes are mind numbing. Where will you be staying? Will you have a car?
I wouldn't plan on buying much in Minnesota, quite frankly, if your dollars are dear to you.
He has a very valid point...Minnesota straight out is not a friendly place to buy a cigar...70% tax plays a huge part as too why....but, if you feel you need a stick, I would suggest either Burn in Burnsville or Tobacco Leaf in Maple Grove...
[Reply]
OLS 07:33 AM 04-26-2010
If I remember correctly, there are two JR stores in StL, although I haven't been in 15 years,
so everything could have changed. I tell you how long it's been: the last time I went in there,
you had a limit of five Arturo Fuente of any one vitola. Boxes? Hah! No way.
[Reply]
hank_612 04:00 PM 04-29-2010
Only one JRs in STL and it is in Clayton. Alcorn cigar on watson is my favorite shop that I don't own. Great selection and very welcoming group of guys.
[Reply]
jwfish81 04:40 PM 04-29-2010
John's & JRs in Clayton have good selections, and The Hill Cigar Co is a great hangout place too. I have also been to the TinderBox in Des Pres, and the owner was very friendly and helpful, not to mention a fellow BOTL on here. No offense, but I did not care much for Alcorn cigars, although they were about the only place I could find Tatuaje, if you like Tats.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 04:51 PM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by jwfish81:
they were about the only place I could find Tatuaje, if you like Tats.
Jon's has had Tats the last few timnes I've been there.
[Reply]
jwfish81 05:36 PM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by qwerty1500:
Jon's has had Tats the last few timnes I've been there.
Now that you say that, I think I do remember him carrying some as well. Thanks!
[Reply]
budkole 07:42 AM 04-30-2010
Hello, I saw this thread while browsing and had to join.
I was at Jons just the other day and they are pretty well stocked on the Tats, including the Cojonu
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 04:20 PM 04-30-2010
thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I am staying at the Marriott west in st louis. Will have to see how far these places are from my hotel.
[Reply]
Gelly 09:34 AM 05-03-2010
The other suggestions are good ideas while in Minneapolis, but my go to store, is Golden Leaf in Uptown. They have all the great brands, Tats, Illusione and the standards. Great service and places to relax and smoke. It's become my "coffee shop". A great place. Prices are high here, but not as bad as Cali and other states. Buy a few sticks and hang out. Then, hit the night life in Uptown, it can make for a great evening!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 10:45 AM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by maverickdrinker:
thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I am staying at the Marriott west in st louis. Will have to see how far these places are from my hotel.
Some options close to you are:
Tinderbox - Manchester Road in DesPeres (13275 Manchester Road), 63131 - 6 miles from hotel
Top Hat Tobacco - 124 West Jefferson Avenue, Kirkwood, 63122 - 9 miles from hotel
Town and Country Tobacco - 13933 Manchester Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011 - 7 miles from hotel

Worth a little drive:
Jon's Pipe Shop - 42 North Central Avenue, St Louis (Clayton), MO 63105 - 11 miles from hotel
The Hill Cigar Co. - 5360 Southwest Avenue, St Louis, MO 63139 - 14.5 miles from hotel

I would personally recommend The Hill.
Not only for the selection and friendly folks, but also because the abundance of great food in the area. Have a great Italian meal and finish it off with a smoke.

One other suggestion...
If you like beer, The International Tap House is a must.
Just 8 miles west of the hotel on I-64/40 will have you in beer heaven.
500 beers, 40 on tap. All from 20 Countries.
161 Long Road Chesterfield, MO 63005
http://www.internationaltaphouse.com/

**additional side note.... unfortunately, most places like the Tap House are now smoke free :-) **
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 06:57 PM 05-03-2010
Thanks for the suggestions. I heard that the hill has some great restuarants. Will make a point to go there Wednesday night. I have no plans for that evening as the conference doesn't start until Thursday. Flying out on Wed morning to experience the city.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up