Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 206 of 270
« First < 106156196204205206 207208216256 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Ender 10:35 PM 09-01-2013
Yes, I'm well aware that everyone could have given me the same obligatory "mmmm". But darnit they WERE good.
[Reply]
pektel 04:55 PM 09-03-2013
One of my long time best friends (since sixth grade, iirc) is coming to town next weekend to stay at his parents place for his birthday. His dad has been bugging me for quite some time to cook something for them (he sees a lot of my food pictures on Facebook).

Might just do a standard pork butt the day before. Bring it over the next day.

Or do a pork loin day of on their weber kettle. Jamaican jerk marinade i think.

I'm always scared when its not my grill/smoker though. Haven't used a kettle in a good while.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:38 PM 09-03-2013
Did a hot and fast brisket on my old side burner this past weekend. It's my friends now, out at his cottage. I didn't bring my digital thermometer, which would've really helped. The original temp gauge is pretty well shot. We did end up getting a meat thermo at least to know when it was done. The burnt ends were fantastic, the flat was a bit dry. Still all in all, not a bad effort.
[Reply]
Ender 09:34 PM 09-03-2013
Bob, I was just explaining hot and fast to a friend. He thought I was crazy. I think I might try it this weekend. Any tips?
[Reply]
mk05 12:12 AM 09-06-2013
Restaurant Depot had Yellowfin Tuna on sale for $5.60 a pound for a 6+lbs log. I had to do it. Crusted it with sesame seeds and did it proper.

Also bagged me a 17lb boston butt and am currently slow cooking with my dry rub. I'll load the pic tomorrow!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:41 AM 09-06-2013
Originally Posted by Ender:
Bob, I was just explaining hot and fast to a friend. He thought I was crazy. I think I might try it this weekend. Any tips?
The one crucial step I missed was wrapping the brisket in foil when the IT hit 160F. We did it around 182, but then we didn't have the thermometer until about 5 mins before we took the temp.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:56 PM 09-07-2013
Got a couple of Tri Tips on the Weber at this time. They'll be taking a Mesquite bath shortly:-)

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:16 PM 09-07-2013
...and the results:

And its time to dig into some smoked Tri Tip and steamed broccoli:-)
[Reply]
Stevez 07:08 AM 09-08-2013
Damn Mark that looks great. Gotta try some of that. I don't find tri-tip too much around these parts.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:32 AM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
[b][color=darkred]Image
I like your idea for separating the charcoal for offset smoking. Readers take notice for an inexpensive smoker idea for their Weber.

I put on two St. Louis racks and a 3.5 lb brisket this morning at 6:30 AM. Hopefully it'll be ready for kick off of the Pats game at 1:00
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:19 AM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Damn Mark that looks great. Gotta try some of that. I don't find tri-tip too much around these parts.
Thanks Steve. In checking Google for meat markets back in your neck of the woods, there appear to be at least 10 that I observed there. You may just have to walk in to one of the more reputable shops to ask the butcher for a good Tri Tip cut. 3 or 4 lbs is a good size.

You might want to check out the meat dept in a local Costco, Sams Club, or Krogers too. If you don't see what you're looking for, ask the butcher:-)

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I like your idea for separating the charcoal for offset smoking. Readers take notice for an inexpensive smoker idea for their Weber.
Thanks for the comment Moses, but "full credit" goes to a good brother here on the forum named Adam (T.G). You can check out the photo's of his grill here, posts 21 through 40 (more or less):

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21946&page=2

I really enjoyed seeing how he had his grill set-up and it really made a whole lot of sense. I simply tightened things up a bit to seal off heat from coming around from the sides.

[Reply]
T.G 12:07 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:

Thanks for the comment Moses, but "full credit" goes to a good brother here on the forum named Adam (T.G). You can check out the photo's of his grill here, posts 21 through 40 (more or less):

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21946&page=2

I really enjoyed seeing how he had his grill set-up and it really made a whole lot of sense. I simply tightened things up a bit to seal off heat from coming around from the sides.
Thank you Mark, but, I can't take credit for originating the idea, it was suggested to me by a friend who had seen it done elsewhere. All I did was pass it along by using it.
[Reply]
T.G 12:21 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by Stevez:
At only 2 tri-tip per animal, most tri-tip in the US does end up out on the West coast because we love it out here, as you can see, Mark just ate an entire cow yesterday... :-).

It sometimes goes by other names in different parts of the country. You can try "bottom sirloin butt" or "triangle roast". It's possible that there are even more names so you could even try taking this document in which explains the cut
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/me...tos/tritip.pdf
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:26 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
At only 2 tri-tip per animal, most tri-tip in the US does end up out on the West coast because we love it out here, as you can see, Mark just ate an entire cow yesterday... :-)
:-)...and such an effing pig I am too:-)
[Reply]
Ender 02:51 PM 09-08-2013
Just did a little 2 1/2 pound brisket that I smoked hot and fast. At 165 I wrapped in foil with some Founders Breakfast stout layered inside. Brought it to a perfect 200 and now it's sleeping for a while in the cooler.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:39 PM 09-08-2013
Just did a little 2 1/2 pound brisket that I smoked hot and fast. At 165 I wrapped in foil with some Founders Breakfast stout layered inside. Brought it to a perfect 200 and now it's sleeping for a while in the cooler.
Let us know how it turned out.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:08 AM 09-09-2013
Love the Tri-Tips Mark. I did one over the weekend too.
[Reply]
Ender 12:20 PM 09-09-2013
The brisket turned out great. I'm having an issues uploading the pic from my phone.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:35 PM 09-09-2013
The brisket turned out great. I'm having an issues uploading the pic from my phone.
That's cool. Next time I'll make sure to have my thermometer with me so we don't overcook the flat end.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:21 PM 09-09-2013
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Love the Tri-Tips Mark. I did one over the weekend too.
Nice...:-)
[Reply]
Page 206 of 270
« First < 106156196204205206 207208216256 > Last »
Up