Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Oh Gurkha...you're hilarious
tuxpuff 11:43 AM 07-01-2010
"Gurkha Cigar Brand Steps Up as Leader in Luxury Segment"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-97587729.html

Some excerpts...

'If you thought that the Cubans are leading the world in brand identity with cigars, think again. Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.'

'What they are selling is an exclusive experience, when you see a Gurkha band on a cigar you know that smoker is serious'

'You smoke a Gurkha when you are looking for a guaranteed positive experience and you know your tobacco," as he puffed away on an 'Evil.' "Yes, it has become a status symbol to be seen smoking the Gurkha name, but that is not why I smoke them; I love knowing I can have a luxury that many cannot."'
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:43 AM 07-01-2010
:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:48 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
"I love knowing I can have a luxury that many cannot."'
That luxury must be not realizing he is an idiot. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:50 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
That luxury must be not realizing he is an idiot. :-)
Ignorance is bliss :-)
[Reply]
groogs 11:54 AM 07-01-2010
That is marketing at its best... As long as you have never smoked one.:-)
[Reply]
Pass 11:58 AM 07-01-2010
"Status symbol" "$150,000 a box"? Oi vai! This makes me think of idiots who judge something solely based on a price tag.

Granted... There are several Gurkhas that I have tried and enjoyed (yeah, I know, I'm pretty much the only one) but they are FAR from Luxury Ultra-Premium Hoi Polloi sticks. Talk about advertising-malfeasance. Don't get me wrong, they have several good cigars... but not all of them are that great and most are NOT worth the price tag. They also aren't that "rare" and "exclusive."

....and I won't even address the consistency statement. Unless by consistent they mean consistently inconsistent.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:59 AM 07-01-2010
Yeah right!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 12:02 PM 07-01-2010
Gurkha= dirt flavor bitters to my palate. Will not buy another one again.
[Reply]
Lear31MX 12:02 PM 07-01-2010
Now that is funny:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 12:04 PM 07-01-2010
Remember when the cat got fried in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation?

Gurkha's taste like that cat looked.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 12:08 PM 07-01-2010
The last sentence says it all:

SOURCE Gurkha Cigars

[Reply]
HK3- 12:09 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
"Gurkha Cigar Brand Steps Up as Leader in Luxury Segment"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-97587729.html

Some excerpts...

'If you thought that the Cubans are leading the world in brand identity with cigars, think again. Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.'

'What they are selling is an exclusive experience, when you see a Gurkha band on a cigar you know that smoker is a serious idiot'

'You smoke a Gurkha when you are looking for a guaranteed positive experience and you know your tobacco," as he puffed away on an 'Evil.' "Yes, it has become a status symbol to be seen smoking the Gurkha name, but that is not why I smoke them; I love knowing I can have a luxury that many cannot."'
Fixed it for you. :-)
[Reply]
Pass 12:11 PM 07-01-2010
The Centurian Perfecto's are pretty decent and I recall really liking the Nepalese Warrior (granted I WAS drinking heavily at the time)... I've got a couple of Empire VI's sitting in the humidor. I also enjoyed their Tins way back when.

All over-priced (unless you can get them for a steal - the only way I buy them)... but I wouldn't say that they are ALL garbage. The company... maybe. But there are some good sticks in there.
[Reply]
marge796 12:14 PM 07-01-2010
Really???

Gurkha, you're soooooo funny!

Chris.....
[Reply]
Darrell 12:15 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Fixed it for you. :-)
Nice spelling of idiot, Hal. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:17 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
The last sentence says it all:

SOURCE Gurkha Cigars

Lol, that's how you know it's unbiased reporting!

Personally I have a few Gurkha's in my stock because a) I got them for a crazy good deal (cheaper than most 2nds) b) they had a couple of years of age on them so they've mellowed out some and c) because of a & b, they make great yardgars :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 12:18 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Nice spelling of idiot, Hal. :-)
:-):-) Type first, read later.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:20 PM 07-01-2010
Thanks, that read just made my day :-):-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:20 PM 07-01-2010
While I don't hate Ghurkas -- they're OK. Not what I would consider when I want a great NC...
[Reply]
Blueface 12:21 PM 07-01-2010
Man this made me laugh.

I love the opening line:
If you thought that the Cubans are leading the world in brand identity with cigars, think again. Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.

I feel like crap. I don't have a single one.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up