Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Band Lighters- I never knew!
poker 03:44 PM 09-01-2009
Looks like they just apply the bands to the lighter and then cover it with a type of clear polymer resin/epoxy/lacquer
(The CAO one looks like it's just paint. Notice the flaked paint on the hinge.)
[Reply]
sodomanaz 07:17 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Get them while you can, Blazer discontinued them.
You pushed me over the edge on finally getting me a couple. I miss using my Zippos!
[Reply]
DoctorBJ 07:18 PM 09-01-2009
I was just thinking the same thing. I might have to order a few.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:37 PM 09-01-2009
you can get in touch with him on twitter http://www.twitter.com/Mr_Squiddy
[Reply]
architeuthis 07:56 PM 09-01-2009
For any questions you guys may have, send me email at architeuthis@inbox.com and I'll be happy to answer them...

And cheapest prices for the blazer insert i've found are here: http://www.lightersandpapers.com/bla...-lighters.html

I think Zippo is building their own torch insert in the near future also...

Thanks,
Squid
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:10 PM 09-01-2009
I've been toying with this idea for a while now. It's nice to see the work you've done. For myself I'd like to see a more simple design maybe a custom painted ronson with a single band or 2-3 bands cut to look like a single band. Good luck with your project.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:35 AM 09-02-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
I've been toying with this idea for a while now. It's nice to see the work you've done. For myself I'd like to see a more simple design maybe a custom painted ronson with a single band or 2-3 bands cut to look like a single band. Good luck with your project.
That has me thinking of doing my own!!!

Great Thread, BTW!!!

[Reply]
poriggity 08:39 AM 09-02-2009
Thats SQUIDDY! He rocks. I am sending him some Cuba Aliados Miami bands to make me up a Ronson. I will send him this thread, he may come in to respond.
Scott
EDIT: see what happens when I don't read the whole thread? Squiddy is already here.
[Reply]
Brooks W 10:32 AM 09-02-2009
Yep, love mine, he does great work :-)

~brooks
[Reply]
Cigary 06:46 PM 09-02-2009
Very very cool. I am going to try this out on my Ronson.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up