Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Ashtrays
reflex 09:22 AM 07-25-2009
Here is the ultimate herf ashtray, That is a Partagas Lusi on it. :-) I think they should have added more stirrups, at least eight.

This is a nice fancy one.

But it doesn't matter which one you use, you must have the correct smoking attire.
[Reply]
nozero 09:26 AM 07-25-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
I've got this one from CAO, the Cubist, and it's awesome!:
Me too and I love it.
[Reply]
random0813 10:30 PM 07-25-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I have enjoyed my tupperware lined with aluminum foil. :-)
:-) for the cost of 500 ft of aluminum foil, I should be covered for a decade or so. bonus: it is easy to wrap the nub up and dispose without dirtying my delicate hands.
[Reply]
captain53 08:34 AM 07-26-2009
It is called a Black Disk Ashtray and here it is for $42.99:

http://www.cigarextras.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=2156
[Reply]
GoodFella 09:27 AM 07-26-2009
bigger the better for herfs. when im alone i use a gravy boat style that i got free from CI a long time ago.
[Reply]
PerfectAshtray 11:03 AM 07-31-2009
Just getting started here big guy. These were some I had laying around from my uncles restaurant. Site is nowhere near completion yet so please bare with me.

Just wanted to get something in each section for the random visitors.

Tons of great feedback here though and I really appreciate all of the pictures. I sent an email to the creators of the stinky, hopefully looking to workout some sort of pricing deal. Yet to hear a response though.

Originally Posted by RGD.:
Yep - as others have said, the ashtrays you have listed as for cigars are in fact - not.

First question on my mind is have you ever smoked a cigar? If so then you would know better. If you are just here to promote your web site - nothing wrong with that - but you need to do a little better research.

Personally I have a couple of Stinky's, several large ceramic cigar branded ashtrays and four of these Waterford 7" crystal cigar ashtrays.

Ron

[Reply]
PerfectAshtray 11:06 AM 07-31-2009
Actually Ron, I just ordered some of those Waterford Glass Ashtrays. Should be in by next week, hopefully up on the site by the end of next week too.
[Reply]
Volt 11:10 AM 07-31-2009
The Waterforsd looks like a 40 RG at best in it? How does it do with a 48 - 54?
[Reply]
gorob23 11:46 AM 07-31-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
W Nothing beats a Stinky.
i thought the Tomato cans worked great :-)

Hands down best I ever saw ( and that was only a ;picture) were the ones that a guy named "Downunder made by hand from wood.:-)
I was on the list way way down but we changed sites and now it went "poof" :-)

Some guys like the bling but really whatever works is good with me.
Rob :-)
[Reply]
RRocket 05:44 AM 08-01-2009
This is my custom made (by me) Purple Heart wood ashtray. The ashtray is in the shape of the CAO Cubist, by is larger by about 1" in every direction. It has good heft. It's a large 10"x10". I have always loved the color of Purple Heart. So I chose that as my wood. I laminated three 1" pieces together. I designed the ashtray in CAD, then cut the ashtray on a $500,000 CNC machine. I sanded it down to a new smooth texture.

The color is the tricky part. You want it to look purple. So staining it is important. I ended up using an oil with no tint. 3 coats. Sanded between coats. Looks great! Very purple...though it looks more cherry in the pics. It's a really nice piece...I made two of them while I was at it. Here are a few pics:

[Reply]
captain53 07:01 AM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by RRocket:
This is my custom made (by me) Purple Heart wood ashtray. The ashtray is in the shape of the CAO Cubist, by is larger by about 1" in every direction. It has good heft. It's a large 10"x10". I have always loved the color of Purple Heart. So I chose that as my wood. I laminated three 1" pieces together. I designed the ashtray in CAD, then cut the ashtray on a $500,000 CNC machine. I sanded it down to a new smooth texture.

The color is the tricky part. You want it to look purple. So staining it is important. I ended up using an oil with no tint. 3 coats. Sanded between coats. Looks great! Very purple...though it looks more cherry in the pics. It's a really nice piece...I made two of them while I was at it. Here are a few pics:

Nice work, purple heart is always beautiful and I have the stock CAO version that works great.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:42 AM 08-11-2009
I have several different ashtrays that I have collected over the years. I've shown them all with the same cigar to give you an idea of the relative size. etc.

This first one is one that I have had forever that I would put out when I had smokers over the house; it's a nice, plain, but sturdy glass ashtray:

This one I got as a freebie from CI with a purchase of some cigars. It has a nice shelf for cigars and the ash area is nice and large:

This next one is one that I got with the purchase of Oliva cigars at an Oliva event hosted by one of our local cigar stores (Timber Valley). It's basic, but has a nice shelf for holding cigars, which I really like, although the ash area is a little on the small side:

This last one is one of my favorites. My wife gave it to my for our anniversary a few years ago. It's crystal, but it is very small, and it is very sturdy. I often take it with me when I travel, just in case I need an ashtray:

On a recent trip I was using this last ashtray and a smoker came up and put his cigarette out in it while my cigar was resting on it. I was so stunned that I did not say anything but it sure pissed me off!

I also have a Bobkin ashtray (actually several) that I use in the cup-holder of my car (a MINI Cooper Convertible). This is my most used ashtray.

And finally, when in a pinch I have been known to use an altoids mints box as an ashtray -- works quite well really :-)
[Reply]
cwfrasa 09:38 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
Nice work, purple heart is always beautiful and I have the stock CAO version that works great.
Wow, that is a beautiful piece of work! I'd like to see one of those out of Kingwood, Rosewood or Padouk. You could have a nice side biz......almost a shame to put ashes in it!
[Reply]
Starz26 11:27 AM 08-14-2009
For those of you that have the CAO cubist - Where can you get it. I would really like to purchase one. I have found them fo $105 - $125 but I think that price is too high???

Are they still being made?

Sorry for the thread jack, back on topic...

To the OP, there are so many different ashtrays out there for varying situations. The idea of having a one stop shop is nice, but you will need to compete on price and inventory....Maybe work out some custom designs specific to your shop??
[Reply]
htran1023 01:29 PM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by Starz26:
For those of you that have the CAO cubist - Where can you get it. I would really like to purchase one. I have found them fo $105 - $125 but I think that price is too high???

Are they still being made?

Sorry for the thread jack, back on topic...

To the OP, there are so many different ashtrays out there for varying situations. The idea of having a one stop shop is nice, but you will need to compete on price and inventory....Maybe work out some custom designs specific to your shop??
From what I read, they're out of production. If you search froogle, there is a place selling it for $40 (though I've never shopped there). The ones on eBay appear to accept offers, so you can try shooting them a price and hoping for the best.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:03 PM 08-21-2009
I just got this one:

[Reply]
apNgb 12:18 AM 08-22-2009
i would like to see more ashtray's that aren't covered in advertisments but still look nice but are priced right. that's my 2cents
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:35 AM 08-28-2009
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I just got this one:

That is a nice ashtray!
[Reply]
Eleven 06:53 AM 08-28-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That is a nice ashtray!
Yea, that is the one I was telling you about. I dig that handmade purple one a few posts up, gonna keep an eye out for something like that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up