Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Ashtrays
PerfectAshtray 09:43 AM 07-23-2009
Hi Guys,

I'm new around here and was considering opening up an ecommerce Ashtray shop. Just wanted to get a feel for how many of you purchased a specific cigar ashtray for when smoking.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:48 AM 07-23-2009
When herfing, big and durable in the key. Nothing beats a Stinky.

At home alone, I like a ceramic with a cigar label in the ash area...My favorites are my Romeo y Julieta and my La Aroma de Cuba ashtrays.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:48 AM 07-23-2009
I've got this one from CAO, the Cubist, and it's awesome!:

I also have the H. Upmann which is really nice too:

[Reply]
icehog3 09:52 AM 07-23-2009
I would take the "Libbey 5 Inch Round Glass Ashtray' out of the "cigar ashtray" section of your site. It is completely inadequate for cigars, and might make the seasoned cigar smokers question your website's credibility. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:55 AM 07-23-2009
I have enjoyed my tupperware lined with aluminum foil. :-)
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 09:56 AM 07-23-2009
When I joind the original CS web site I did a box purchase I got a great deal on a box of short stories, and I all so at that time solicited a nice ash tray from the guy. I said, don't you guys maybe have one of those free ash trays you get from your wholesaler's to put in your store :-) He said he will check.
I got this nice black ceramic ash tray that I all ways use.
Thats just my story.:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:00 AM 07-23-2009
I got this one for free, love it

[Reply]
Volt 10:11 AM 07-23-2009
Most ashtrays I have seen and used (and by cigar manafactuers) are unacceptable as they do not provide enough support for the cigar. I use this one (a gift):

and the Passion from CI LINK They fully support my sticks and reduce the chance I will knock them off the ashtray.
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:45 AM 07-23-2009
Not sure what type of feedback you are looking for on your site.

The premise I like be great to find a place that held some of the favorite trays.

However, not one of the ashtrays you have listed on your site as cigar ashtrays are in fact cigar ashtrays in my humble opinion.

Most around 4 or 5 inches.

You need to be thinking 2 inches for the holding slot on the tray alone, it should suspend the cigar without risk of touching down in the ash bin portion of the tray.

Also one good churchill would fill any of those bowls, meaning if your smoking with a friend or two you are dumping during smoking or overflowing.

some trays that I like are

My favorite everyday (too bad I chipped mine but still functional)

The ultimate herf tray

Something for the havana room

for the car smoker (not me but many a BOTL enjoy in there vehicles)

Just my thoughts, we all know what opinions are like.

[Reply]
bigloo 03:19 PM 07-23-2009
I agree with everything said here. You need to add some real cigar ashtrays to this site. I have a stinky and a branded ceramic. I have also tried to use "cigar" ashtrays like yours with terrible results. Otherwise, welcome and good luck and I hope you find some interesting stuff to sell because people here love to buy!
[Reply]
Cigary 03:31 PM 07-23-2009
What everybody is saying is true,,,what you have on your site looks like cigarette ash trays the photos that the brothers have on here will give you a real idea of what cigar people look for.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:24 PM 07-23-2009
I love my Stinky!!!
[Reply]
kgoings 07:32 PM 07-23-2009
I have a stinky that I was bombed....I REALLY want one of those Upmann ash trays!
[Reply]
BillyCigars 10:06 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My favorites are my Romeo y Julieta and my La Aroma de Cuba ashtrays.
:-) +100!

That is definately my all-time favorite ashtray with the subtle coloring. I think my Griffin's ashtray is my second fave.

Great idea PerfectAshtray - were you going to be manufacturing these or selling the more popular stuff?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:09 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
At home alone, I like a ceramic with a cigar label in the ash area...My favorites are my Romeo y Julieta and my La Aroma de Cuba ashtrays.
Originally Posted by BillyCigars:
:-) +100!

That is definately my all-time favorite ashtray with the subtle coloring. I think my Griffin's ashtray is my second fave.
Agreed, Bill, my fave for smoking alone as well. :-)

[Reply]
DougBushBC 01:28 PM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Most ashtrays I have seen and used (and by cigar manafactuers) are unacceptable as they do not provide enough support for the cigar. I use this one (a gift):

and the Passion from CI LINK They fully support my sticks and reduce the chance I will knock them off the ashtray.
I'd still really like to know where that ashtray comes from, because I'd love to buy one!
[Reply]
Volt 01:33 PM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
I'd still really like to know where that ashtray comes from, because I'd love to buy one!
PM Tbone.... he got it overseas and still has the contact if i remember correctly. It looks every bit as good as the pic represents. It's almost a shame to use it. Only possible issue with it is about 54 rg and better the grooves are a bit small. Depends on what ya like.
[Reply]
kgraybill 06:36 PM 07-24-2009
How bout unique custom made.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
RGD. 07:24 PM 07-24-2009
Yep - as others have said, the ashtrays you have listed as for cigars are in fact - not.

First question on my mind is have you ever smoked a cigar? If so then you would know better. If you are just here to promote your web site - nothing wrong with that - but you need to do a little better research.

Personally I have a couple of Stinky's, several large ceramic cigar branded ashtrays and four of these Waterford 7" crystal cigar ashtrays.

Ron

[Reply]
captain53 07:59 PM 07-24-2009
I also have the CAO Cubist. I like the fact it can handle any Ring Guage.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up