Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>plan for an humidor
pgagnon 03:18 PM 08-18-2009
any of you guys got a plan for an humidor?

:-)
[Reply]
dubnick 03:19 PM 08-18-2009
Sure do...

Buy a bigger one, like I should have done in the first place :-)l :-)l :-)l
[Reply]
pgagnon 03:28 PM 08-18-2009
i meant to build one lol
[Reply]
dubnick 03:30 PM 08-18-2009
Nope... Can't help ya there :-)l :-)l
[Reply]
DMK 03:34 PM 08-18-2009
Save your money for good cigars and buy a cooler-a-dor.
[Reply]
pgagnon 03:40 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by DMK:
Save your money for good cigars and buy a cooler-a-dor.
see here is a man i should listen to. Whats a cooler a dor?:-)

My father is a good woodworker ad will be able to make one... he's got most of the materiel already :-)
[Reply]
markem 03:41 PM 08-18-2009
Maybe have a look-see here:

http://buildyourownhumidor.com/
[Reply]
The Poet 03:51 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by pgagnon:
Whats a cooler a dor?:-)
He means that for about $50 (US or Canadian) you can buy a huge Igloo cooler or likewise and use it as a humidor. It seals better than the best humidor, though it does not look as good on your desk. :-)

You can either buy credo-type humidifier devices for a few bucks each, or go to a local florist and buy a big block of Oasis foam and make your own from plastic butter tubs or whatever. You can buy cedar from a wood supply firm to line the cooler, or you can scrap old boxes and scavage that wood, or you can just leave your cigars in their boxes inside the cooler. There's lots of ways to save money, if appearance is not vital to you. I know - I was born poor, and shall die so - hopefully soon. :-)

BTW, if you get a cooler with wheels, it makes it easier to take to herfs - plus, you always have someplace to sit. :-)
[Reply]
pgagnon 04:05 PM 08-18-2009
yeah i do have a fridge that i am using atm but i find it got a weird smell in it... not a remaining food smell but like freon smell....

do i have to remove something from the fridge before using it for stockage?
[Reply]
The Poet 04:15 PM 08-18-2009
Ami, I just bumped a thread re non-thermoelectric fridges for you. If that does not help you, try PMing some of the posters who seem to know what they are talking about - which raraly includes me.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 08:24 AM 08-19-2009
Also check with shilala and ChasDen - they're the two who come to my mind when woodworking is mentioned. They may be able to point you to some more resources.
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:59 AM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
BTW, if you get a cooler with wheels, it makes it easier to take to herfs - plus, you always have someplace to sit. :-)
:-):-) now THAT'S FUNNY!
[Reply]
Up