Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana ligero naturel L500
Don Fernando 01:11 PM 08-16-2010
I had a few positive experiences with La Flor Dominicana in the past so I had high expectations when I took this Ligero Natural L500 from my humidor. The cigar is a bit too big for my taste, not in length which is 5¾, but in ring size which is 60. On the La Flor Dominicana website they claim it is full bodied, and I like that.

The construction feels good and the aroma is a stable smell with lot of herbs. The Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper is smooth, silky and light colored. I see a few veins. I punch the cigar and get a good predraw that leaves a peppery taste on my lips with some dry wood.

I taste coffee and a mild citrus like sourness on the background. After half an inch I taste some wood, the coffee and citrus have disappeared. The flavor gets weaker.

Halfway the wood gets a little musty and I also discover a sweetness in the flavors. After ⅔ the cigar gets a little bit spicy

The smoke time of this cigar is 90 minutes. The draw is great and I got a good amount of smoke. The firm ash is salt & pepper colored. This one dimensional cigar is both medium bodied and medium flavored. I got a huge flame while purging.

Would I buy this cigar again? What do you think?

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:35 PM 08-16-2010
Great review, Ferdie. :-)

I have a box of the L-400s that I find very tasty...that does look like quite the beefy stick.
[Reply]
TripleF 01:37 PM 08-16-2010
I don't know.......how would I know if you'd buy it again?

Great review but I don't know if you'd buy it again... Bsaed on your scores I'd say - no.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:47 PM 08-16-2010
It has been years since I've smoked one of these. I remember tasting peanuts and that they were really one dimensional. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:51 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by ucla695:
It has been years since I've smoked one of these. I remember tasting peanuts and that they were really one dimensional. Thanks for the review.
They definitley aren't complex smokes, that's for sure. I think its one of those smokes where as long as you like the dominant flavors, you'll find it pretty tasty.
[Reply]
ucla695 02:05 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
They definitley aren't complex smokes, that's for sure. I think its one of those smokes where as long as you like the dominant flavors, you'll find it pretty tasty.
Agreed. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:15 PM 08-16-2010
Nice review Ferdie. :-)
[Reply]
Up