Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>NFL Holdouts....Your thoughts?
kelmac07 01:12 PM 08-08-2011
Tell ya'll what...it's BASEBALL season!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
jledou 01:15 PM 08-08-2011
One solution - stop offering a value and start paying based on stats ... you throw 50 interceptions in a year you should owe the team money :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:15 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
If Desean Jackson would have blown his knee out returning the punt, that put the nail in the coffin of the Giants season, that I will never forgive Matt Dodge for not kicking out of bounds, would the Eagles honor their end of an already signed contract?

Probably not!
So how can you begrudge him for trying to capitalize on a good year, when he could be cut due to one botched play where he gets hurt?
This was really the point of my thread....coaxing Dom to face his suppressed memories....:-)

I get the counter-point....just not a fan of the tactic, especially with the EAGLES, who have a won't renegotiate with hold-outs policy....see T.O. (another Rosenhaus client)
[Reply]
jledou 01:16 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Tell ya'll what...it's BASEBALL season!! :-) :-) :-)
I thought that season ended as soon as training camp started :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:17 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by jledou:
I thought that season ended as soon as training camp started :-)
Normally...but that only applied to the Houston Astros this year. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 01:27 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
I agree when it comes time for free agency....go out and get what the "market" will bear....but not the issue here....
It has been pointed out more than a few times, but yea, IMO that is exactly the issue here.

As far as guaranteeing contracts in the NFL, never going to happen and I think we will see them disappear in the NBA shortly(see the current lockout).
[Reply]
AD720 02:14 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I don't agree with that. The injury rate is too great to guarantee contracts. If you are good enough, and stay healthy, that's pretty much a guarantee.

Sadly, especially for WRs like Jackson, being "good enough" and "staying healthy" often run in direct contradiction of each other. These guys go across the middle and risk getting crushed between two huge DBs. He's a good WR because of the routes he runs and his hands. Every time he runs that cross route his potential to "stay healthy" is very up in the air. But thats the gig.

These guys get paid what they get paid because it's dangerous. Even with all the pads and rules and fines the potential for a career ending injury is there in nearly every play. I would want some kind of guarantee that if I go across the middle for a catch (to get my team points and win the game) and I get my leg snapped in half that I am still going to see some money in exchange for all of the cartilage in my knee.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:03 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
This was really the point of my thread....coaxing Dom to face his suppressed memories....:-)

I get the counter-point....just not a fan of the tactic, especially with the EAGLES, who have a won't renegotiate with hold-outs policy....see T.O. (another Rosenhaus client)
Couldn't sleep last night, Thanks Buddy :-)

What tactic should players use?
Something tells me, asking ownership pretty please won't work :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:05 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Couldn't sleep last night, Thanks Buddy :-)

What tactic should players use?
Something tells me, asking ownership pretty please won't work :-)
Naked photos of owner and/or GM in compromising positions always works....ala the Senator from Nevada in "II"....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up