Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Sports>MLB Trading Deadline
Killian 03:33 PM 07-25-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Latest updates:

The Chi Sox are reportedly seeking a deal with the Cards for Colby Rasmus.
The Sox would send a pitcher, likely Edwin Jackson or Matt Thornton and a prospect to the Cards.

As a Cards fan, I have to say it's time to cut the strings with Colby. He has been babied long enough and the onfield results just aren't there. Sometimes he looks so lost in the field and he is scared to death on the move towards the wall or someone else. He would rather take a bad angle and let it drop. The biggest problem though is how he still gets "outside" batting help instead of using the coaching staff. That right there tells you everything you need to know about Colby.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:31 AM 07-26-2011
A team-by-team look at the trade market

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eam/index.html

The Phils are showing some interest in Upton but most calls are from Nats, Braves, Pirates, Reds, Cards.

The Tigers are really high on Kuroda, but word is he won't waive no trade clause.

Teams that sent scouts to watch Ubaldo Jimenez, bos, tex, det, tor, nyy, reds.
reds make most sense.

Dbacks involved in talks with Cubs for Carlos Pena.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:38 AM 07-26-2011
Too bad we aren't in contention...because Carlos Pena would be a great fit at 1B in a Mets uni.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 05:54 PM 07-27-2011
Well... I really hope the Beltran trade pays dividends. Not a big fan of giving up good pitching talent for a rental. Maybe they sign Beltran to a stupid contract like Rowand or Zito.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:03 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound:
Well... I really hope the Beltran trade pays dividends. Not a big fan of giving up good pitching talent for a rental. Maybe they sign Beltran to a stupid contract like Rowand or Zito.
I read yesterday that the Giants are the only Team in MLB without a player with 10 HR, The same rings true if you included all the AAA teams.

Beltran will help! :-)

One of the true Clutch players in the game!!!
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 06:16 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I read yesterday that the Giants are the only Team in MLB without a player with 10 HR, The same rings true if you included all the AAA teams.

Beltran will help! :-)

One of the true Clutch players in the game!!!
I hope so, but Beltran only has 15 IIRC, and it's harder to hit 'am in AT&T which is why the Giants don't have many. (Not that they'd be cranking them out in another stadium with that line-up) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:23 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound:
Beltran went a lot cheaper than what I thought he would go for.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:24 PM 07-27-2011
Wish the Giants had thrown Cody Ross in on the deal. :-)
[Reply]
EricF 07:31 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Wish the Giants had thrown Cody Ross in on the deal. :-)
That would have been a plus for sure!!!!!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 09:13 PM 07-27-2011
Mac, I will tell you Pena would give you such fits. He'll bat .220 hit 35hr and make no errors. And he has to be one of the nicest men in baseball. He is complete class even when getting booed for striking out over 200 times a year. He is Mark Reynolds A's a first baseman.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 09:14 PM 07-27-2011
Dom Rays are entertaining offers for Shields, but told the Yankees he is not available.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:41 AM 07-28-2011
Well finally some action!

Beltran to Giants.

Chi Sox Traded Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahen to the Bluejays.
The Jays then sent Jackson and others to the Cards for Colby Rasmus.
Here are all of the players in the 3 team deal.
Chi Sox get, Reliever Jason Frasor and prospect Zach Stewart from the Jays, and Reliever Trevor Miller from the cards, and 9 mil in salary relief.
Jays get Relievers Brian Tallet and P.J. Walters, and OF Colby Rasmus from the Cards, and utility man Mark Teahan from the Sox.
Cards get Edwin Jackson From Chi, and Relievers Marc Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, as well as outfielder Cory Paterson from the Jays.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:57 AM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Mac, I will tell you Pena would give you such fits. He'll bat .220 hit 35hr and make no errors. And he has to be one of the nicest men in baseball. He is complete class even when getting booed for striking out over 200 times a year. He is Mark Reynolds A's a first baseman.
He is a great guy...met him when we was in the Tigers system (AAA Toledo) and he was so excited that my son and I knew who he was. He stopped, talked, signed balls, took pictures...great guy indeed!! :-) :-)

I would love to have him at 1B.
[Reply]
jonumberone 09:40 AM 07-28-2011
Reports are the Indians have acquired Fukodome from the Cubbies.

Also The Brew Crew sent C Wil Nieves to the Braves for cash.

Red Sox fear Bucholtz back injury is structural not muscular as originally thought, does this push them harder for Jimenez.?
Yanks appear to be the leader for Jimenez. Red Sox, Reds still in. Texas out.

Phils now looking at Upton since a Monster deal for Pence was rejected.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 01:43 PM 07-28-2011
Upton not in line up for third straight day.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:54 PM 07-29-2011
Breaking news...Phillies land Hunter Pence....4 minor leaguers....sweet!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:07 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Breaking news...Phillies land Hunter Pence....4 minor leaguers....sweet!!
This is BS!! :-)

Pence-sylvania!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:13 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
This is BS!! :-)

Pence-sylvania!!! :-) :-)
:-) ....makes em good for next year too!!
[Reply]
jonumberone 09:09 AM 07-30-2011
Looks like the Tigers have acquired Starting pitcher Doug Fister from the M's.
No news yet on the details.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:56 PM 07-30-2011
With LaRussa and Duncan in StLouis Edwin Jackson might win a Cy Young. He is a very good pitcher that shows signs of inconsistency, but a 140 pitch no-hitter. And just like I said about Pena. He is a soft spoken great guy. The type that appreciates fans. Always signs autographs and shakes hands. I wish him luck.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up