Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Studio Tobac....I'm excited!!!
guado 06:43 AM 11-04-2010
It's gonna be awesome!!

http://www.studiotobac.com/

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh...55550154455945
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:33 AM 11-04-2010
How do you know it is going to be awesome? Do you have some insider knowledge? All I see on their pages is some smoke.
[Reply]
issues 07:40 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by guado:
It's gonna be awesome!!

http://www.studiotobac.com/

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh...55550154455945
Lookin' good!!! :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:45 AM 11-04-2010
Looks like something new from Sam Leccia. Should be interesting!
[Reply]
neoflex 07:49 AM 11-04-2010
I just saw an interview in the Cigar.com catalog. I believe it's an Oliva project and Sam Leccia is part of the board but it's made up mostly of the Olivas.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 07:55 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
How do you know it is going to be awesome? Do you have some insider knowledge? All I see on their pages is some smoke.
A few newsletters ago from Cigar.com they had an interview with Jose Oliva and he was talking about Studio Tobac. It's basically Oliva Cigar's brainstorming group where they come up with their new cigars. The things they were talking about in the works were things like the Cain Lancero, which excites me to no end!

Anyway, they just launched the site and twitter account this week I think, and I'm guessing that it'll mostly just be a newsletter with the newest stuff that Oliva cigars is working on.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:02 AM 11-04-2010
So... when do we get some free samples?? :-)
[Reply]
sobranie10 08:07 AM 11-04-2010
I agree with Brian a Cain Lancero will be a awesome cigar! :-)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:31 PM 11-04-2010
thecigarfeed.com had a "breaking news" story today that Sam Leccia is leaving Oliva and the Nub and Cain is staying with Oliva under Studio Tobac. I have no idea how true this is.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:37 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
thecigarfeed.com had a "breaking news" story today that Sam Leccia is leaving Oliva and the Nub and Cain is staying with Oliva under Studio Tobac. I have no idea how true this is.
I saw that. I wonder what happened?
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:39 PM 11-04-2010
Woow.

That's really big news.

Interestingly enough nublive.com (the Nub forums) went down a couple weeks ago and word was they were changing web developing teams. I'm not sure if this was related or not, but it sure sounds like it.

Also...I hope the separation was amicable, Oliva is a great company and Sam is a great guy and I'd really hate to hear that one of them acted like d*cks.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:40 PM 11-04-2010
Someone discovered the concept of the "sweet spot" was a load of crap? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:42 PM 11-04-2010
To be honest who knows if the is even true.
[Reply]
OHRD 01:44 PM 11-04-2010
With rumors of Sam leaving, and with confirmed truth that Jon Huber of CAO is out, I have to think the two of them will do something together...
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:48 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
With rumors of Sam leaving, and with confirmed truth that Jon Huber of CAO is out, I have to think the two of them will do something together...
That would be cool Matt but I don't know if it would happen. I commented to Jon before how much his tour (swag) and the Nub/Cain tour (swag) looked alike and he didn't care for that at all and made sure I knew his ideals where first. Anyway he didn't sound to happy that I compared them so don't know if they would be working together.

But if they did I'm sure there would be some great events and swag!!
[Reply]
OLS 01:48 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Someone discovered the concept of the "sweet spot" was a load of crap? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
hahahah, I thought I was the only person who thought that.
"Instead of waiting two inches to get to the good part, we are going to CHOP OFF those two inches
and get you to the good part RIGHT AWAY." hahaha, funniest thing I ever heard. Not to denigrate
the Poles or anything, but that sounds like a typical joke on their ethnicity, or a cajun joke.
[Reply]
OHRD 01:56 PM 11-04-2010
That would be cool Matt but I don't know if it would happen. I commented to Jon before how much his tour (swag) and the Nub/Cain tour (swag) looked alike and he didn't care for that at all and made sure I knew his ideals where first. Anyway he didn't sound to happy that I compared them so don't know if they would be working together.

But if they did I'm sure there would be some great events and swag!!
Oh yeah! I remember seeing those tweets...
[Reply]
Brutus2600 02:01 PM 11-04-2010
To be honest who knows if the is even true.
This is true. I'll wait before I jump to any conclusions, but you make a good point.
[Reply]
neoflex 02:03 PM 11-04-2010
If this is true I personally hope the Nub would leave with Sam as I think they are the only crappy sticks in the Oliva line. I know a lot of guys like them but I was surprised to see Oliva back such a gimmicky line. They seem to be a love, hate stick. I love the whole Cain line and if they leave with Sam I guess I will have to stock up as the blend will definitely change once you remove the Olivas tobacco. I would be curious to hear if this rumor is true and if so what the reasoning is behind the split. I think Oliva would be a great company to be paired up with but if they couldn't come to terms on things I guess it doesn't matter how great their tobacco is at the end of the day. I guess only time will tell and if there is a split I hope the Cain line stays with Oliva.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 03:17 PM 11-04-2010
Sounds like itis a done deal, Sam is leaving Oliva http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/15653

Best of luck Sam!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up