Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 148 of 270
« First < 4898138146147148 149150158198248 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
SteveDMatt 06:21 PM 02-01-2012
Awesome information guys. I have a lot of reading to do.
[Reply]
OLS 06:52 AM 02-02-2012
Honestly, best grill I ever saw in my 50 years was the one they gave Dave K at his herf in 2011.
That thing was impossibly bad a55. HUGE surface, super versatile. But it was a charcoal grill
which puts some folks off.....not me, but some. That is the BBQ U special, the giant weber.
The one he puts the clod or packer brisket on in the middle and indirect cooks it from both sides.
[Reply]
T.G 08:35 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Honestly, best grill I ever saw in my 50 years was the one they gave Dave K at his herf in 2011.
That thing was impossibly bad a55. HUGE surface, super versatile. But it was a charcoal grill
which puts some folks off.....not me, but some. That is the BBQ U special, the giant weber.
The one he puts the clod or packer brisket on in the middle and indirect cooks it from both sides.

The Ranch Kettle? Those ARE bad-ass and for $1400, they had better be.
[Reply]
Steve 08:43 AM 02-02-2012
I'm going to do a couple of butts for the Blue and Gold Banquet Friday night. I think I'll use the small offset for this one.
[Reply]
LooseCard 01:56 PM 02-02-2012
Let me just say....
You people a frekin killing me with this stuff.

I foolishly lock my WSM up inside the Camper, and wrapped it up for the winter.
I can't get to it for another 70-something days. :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 09:28 PM 02-03-2012
My Big Green Egg cracked in 4 places last night. Not like little cracks, but horribly epic top to bottom, egg shattering cracks. Literally out of no where. Was cooking some steaks, went inside, came back outside, and noticed one. Within a few more minutes, they were all over. Email'ed BGE customer service, they told me that the crack in the photo comes when the egg is "dropped or moved" and if I needed to replace my base "it is not covered under their warranty" and that I should "order one from my local dealer and would have to pay". I told them it's been in the same spot since day one, never been moved or dropped. He asked me for me pictures, I happily sent all of the angles he asked, and more.

I did some more research, and found someone of EggHeadForums that had nearly identical cracks in near identical places. Funny thing is, that person had his egg base replaced without a problem by the same person who told me that my Egg's cracks were a result of the egg being "dropped or moved". I sent the customer service rep the link to that thread as well....

Still no response. We'll have to see how this tale ends. It's a damn shame.
[Reply]
Steve 09:31 PM 02-03-2012
Butts are on, Uzi is smoking fine!
[Reply]
Steve 10:03 PM 02-03-2012
Normally, I would be firing up my Big Girl

but since tonight I'm only doing a couple of butts, I figured I'd give my Little Girl the call

Ah, yea!

[Reply]
pnoon 10:07 PM 02-03-2012
My hero!
[Reply]
Steve 10:16 PM 02-03-2012
I'm blushing Peter :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:20 PM 02-03-2012
From where I sit, you and Brent are the smoking gods here at CA.
The rest of us are mere mortals.
Thanks for sharing all that you do.
:-)

:-) Right back atcha.
[Reply]
Steve 03:34 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Normally, I would be firing up my Big Girl, but since tonight I'm only doing a couple of butts, I figured I'd give my Little Girl the call.
Finished pulling (1 of 2)...:-)

(sorry for the crappy picture, but it was early, and I was tired. I may be getting too old to stay up smoking meat, enjoying fine cigars, and drinking...naw! :-))
[Reply]
kydsid 04:15 PM 02-04-2012
Hmmm, gonna make some brisket chilli. Actually found a Smokin Gator brisket chilli recipe at the Bretheren. Hey Brent, that your recipe?
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:45 PM 02-04-2012
mhmm makes me miss grilling weather. Hoping to get a Webber for the apartment this year, and while I won't be on ya'lls level of smoking, I'm gonna try my best!
[Reply]
GWN 05:16 AM 02-05-2012
Rubbed a couple of racks of ribs last night that will go on the smoker today along with a pan of apple pie baked beans and whatever else I can find around here to throw on.
[Reply]
OLS 08:25 AM 02-05-2012
I am just too fat to be messing with it now. My only mirror in the house only goes to the nipples.
I have been lulled to sleep by a lack of visual cues. I am past fat now, and must handle my issues
before I fire up the smoker again. Sad but true. I have only had one can of soda at work in a year
and I have stopped visiting Big Lahts for piles of reduced snacks and I STILL can't kick the problem.
A lesson to all of you who smoke the OTHER white meat, the cigarettes. It is a great, great thing to quit,
but where it leaves you after is mercilessly cruel. If my lungs were not the reason I quit, I would start
smoking again.

And now back to the non-depressing part of our thread.
[Reply]
jwintosh 10:33 AM 02-05-2012
did a couple pizzas last night. one on a stone, the other on a cast-iron. the stone's crust was better (though they both were great!!)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:56 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Hmmm, gonna make some brisket chilli. Actually found a Smokin Gator brisket chilli recipe at the Bretheren. Hey Brent, that your recipe?
That would be mine:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:57 PM 02-05-2012
Doing a batch of 15 ABTs for the game. I hate making 'em, but I sure do love eaten' 'em!!!
[Reply]
kydsid 08:21 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
That would be mine:-)
I took yours and the mofo brisket chilli and played best of both worlds. Came out awesome. I don't think I'll ever want to make chili another way again.

What a great way to get rid of over 2lbs of frozen smoked brisket that was gettin a little old in the freezer.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 270
« First < 4898138146147148 149150158198248 > Last »
Up